NameSilo

w-o-r-d-s .com domains, who has them or is buying them and why...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I didn't want to start this but if people are buying there must be a value so lets discuss. I was reading in appraisals someone asking about some w-o-r-d with hyphens and was getting ripped apart- all replies when I read it was reg fee/lower than reg reg etc.

What motivated me was snap had listed in their "most active" email n-a-v-y.com $30.00. I have been watching and a lot have been not even getting to live auctions($60) ex- c-o-u-n-t-r-y q-a-t-a-r ... I have only 2 and I grabbed them as I am not looking for type-ins but they can be brandable and I like to have a bit of everything in my portfolio.

f-a-s-h-i-o-n
b-a-n-k-i-n-g

Alright, rip away, Gary.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well there is one thing for sure, we should all give Biggie a huge round of applause, he has got an offer on a 17 character domain name (excluding suffix). Well done Biggie, now take your bow and let us get on with the thread.

•••
Offers are um... offers.

Sales are.. er... sales.

Anyone have anymore info for w-o-r-d-s.com parking stats?

•••
I have some LL-LL.com. I think CVCV word dot com are better than word C-V-C-V.com, eg. ci-ty.com is better than c-i-t-y.com

•••
worldstar said:
I have some LL-LL.com. I think CVCV word dot com are better than word C-V-C-V.com, eg. ci-ty.com is better than c-i-t-y.com

This is more or less why I started this thread so everyone could share info on parking etc (but hard facts please). Can people (if you have any) start putting up parking stats? Maybe putting up sites that are using this type of domain as well as any sales?

I found this interesting....

a-t-t-o-r-n-e-y.com regged 2001
m-o-r-t-g-a-g-e-s.com regged 2000

gary-

•••
Here is a nice L-L-L-L.com I happened upon, www.M-K-T-G.COM.
These end users are all about marketing, so very appropriate for this discussion.

Three hyphens and an abbreviation to boot.
It sure has a lot going against it. (j/k)

•••
WOW for a domain that gets 65 uniques according to SEDO most here have L-L-L.com that get a lot more than 65 uniques in a month and more than .74 a click although on services that pay for more than one click as another benefit. SO I guess some of the worthless L-L-L.com GO PC regged that are getting $3 a click must not be too worthless if we are using HipHopProductions and its 65 uniques a monts as an example of value.

I guess the $1000 Unsolicited offer through WHOIS for J-T-V.com I think I should tell them the domain is worthless and to go reg a three word .com

See the question I always come back to when people have no interest in a topic yet post like they are some kind of expert is why do they bother to waste their precious expert time?
OH that's right they are here to save the newcomer, I keep forgetting how charitable these experts are. I probably keep forgetting because I have never seen any of their contributions or donations. DAMN that's why

Now will they save the newcomer from buying their overpriced LLL.org with no commercial application?

And to say the registration of one domain increases the value of one's own is nothing more than a fallacy.

Prospect: How much for the domain ?
Owner: OH it has gone up $1000 because some fools on Namepros regged some w-o-r-d.com domains.
Prospect: Well I don't know who the f uck namepros is, or what a w-o-r-d.com is, How does that make me want to spend more. If those domains were regged or not, the name I asked you about was already taken and has the same uses and characteristics it had day one of registration.
Seller: umm, duh, I mean umm, whoops, I mean oh crap

Domaining when the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

•••
I don't know anything about SEO but wouldn't a domain like gold-z.com be more SEO friendly than g-o-l-d.com? with a domain like gold-z.com, at least the word is intact...as I said, just a question, cause I don't know.
BTW, I think most of those types of domains must be available, since I just checked and money-z.com is available. ... has less characters and easier to type than m-o-n-e-y.com
also, a domain like money-e.com would be easier to say (money dash eee) than m-o-n-e-y.com

or maybe money-i.com (money dash eye) (i could stand for internet) but I see someone already took that one and put a game up there...my score was 44

•••
Dangerman said:
I don't know anything about SEO but wouldn't a domain like gold-z.com be more SEO friendly than g-o-l-d.com? with a domain like gold-z.com, at least the word is intact...as I said, just a question, cause I don't know.
BTW, I think most of those types of domains must be available, since I just checked and money-z.com is available. ... has less characters and easier to type than m-o-n-e-y.com
also, a domain like money-e.com would be easier to say (money dash eee) than m-o-n-e-y.com

or maybe money-i.com (money dash eye) (i could stand for internet) but I see someone already took that one and put a game up there...my score was 44

Why I found this so interesting was that at least +75% of dictionary words are gone plus all the good ones have been reg'd since 2000/2001'ish. Do some people know something we don't? Is there a reason gold-z is still available but c-a-s-h has been reg'd since 1997(no history on g-o-l-d). Plus G-O-L-D.com is very brandable compared with gold-z.

thanks for the comment, Gary.

•••
Posting my first parking results for S-L-O-T ..com. Had it parked at parked for 11 days and these were the results...

TOTAL 12 12 $525.00 100.00% $0.53 $6.30

If this keeps up roughly $30 bucks for a month??? Makes me more motivated to get my others going with some seo.

g-

anyone else have any stats to share?

•••
buckshotdots - Where are you parking?

•••
•••
ownthisdomainnow said:
buckshotdots - Where are you parking?

I am parking at parked.

g-

•••
Wonder how this will play out... If the names are good for SEO, how much will backlinks be worth on these minisites? Maybe even develop a mid class level site for one?

•••
I parked M-e-s-o-t-h-e-l-i-o-m-a.com at Parked several weeks ago and have 6 hits and 0 clicks. I'm still keeping it for a conversation piece, lol.

•••
This is for being parked from Dec 20th-18 days (S-L-O-T).

s-l-o-t.com 29 42 $775.52 144.83% $0.54 $22.49

g-

•••
Although they're not .coms, thought I would share some numbers I've got on related w-o-r-d.info's

I've got a couple that are showing small traffic. Past two monthsparked @ imodo:

b-u-s.info- 15 uniques
g-a-g.info- 11 uniques
h-i-s.info- 18 uniques
n-o-t.info- 14 uniques
g-o-t.info- 9 uniques
t-o-y.info- 47 uniques
h-e-r.info- 12 uniques
p-u-p.info- 15 uniques

Hey, it's a start.....
:)

Last edited:
•••
Work In Progress said:
Although they're not .coms, thought I would share some numbers I've got on related w-o-r-d.info's

I've got a couple that are showing small traffic. Past two months @ imodo:

b-u-s.info- 15 uniques
g-a-g.info- 11 uniques
h-i-s.info- 18 uniques
n-o-t.info- 14 uniques
g-o-t.info- 9 uniques
t-o-y.info- 47 uniques
h-e-r.info- 12 uniques
p-u-p.info- 15 uniques

Hey, it's a start.....
:)

Thanks for sharing, any kind of w-o-r-d .extension is cool to post here. More or less wanting to validate w-o-r-d-s for traffic/seo/parking$$. Keep us updated with your stats. ps I think I own p-u-p ..net :)

•••
out of curiosity, when you put these into parking. With no seo work, or anything how are you getting hits?

•••
k1dprodigy said:
out of curiosity, when you put these into parking. With no seo work, or anything how are you getting hits?

I grabbed s-l-o-t after it dropped. Parked shows these stats on traffic:

Breakdown By Referrer Hostname
Hostname Percent

TYPE IN 40.00% ****
blingo.com 35.00%
google.com 25.00%

So for the past couple weeks of stats 60% are from search while 40% are type-in.

Also all people are clicking so the 40% that "type in" are interested people searching and not domainers IMO.

CTR= 123.53% :)

Thanks for your question, Gary.

•••
I personally like these names and have sold several to end-users in the $XXXX range. When I look back on my sales and my current portfolio, the common theme is the billboard nature of the names. By adding the dashes you really draw attention to the name and create a billboard effect.

My biggest sales have been L-L-L, L-L-L-L, and L-L-L-L-L. All have been dictionary words in CNO that look good when d-a-s-h-e-d.

•••
Thats why I like them - brandable and revenue makers (I am finding out).

Talking about brandable, need I say more...

T-R-A-F-F-I-C.com ?

thanks for your post, Gary.

ps- if you would like to submit any past sales to this thread to back up that they do have value, you are very welcome to.

•••
I have r-s-s.info any ideas on value?

•••
Don't ask how i 'came across' this.....

P-L-U-M-P.com :sold:

not for the faint hearted and adults only please!

Last edited:
•••
...</HYPE>
One more thing, if you reg one of these names that is beyond L-L-L in length or not a .com, you need to have a clear development plan for the name you reg.

If you have a solid dev plan, the chances are someone else will too which equals a potential buyer.:)
<HYPE>...

•••
Source said:
...</HYPE>
One more thing, if you reg one of these names that is beyond L-L-L in length or not a .com, you need to have a clear development plan for the name you reg.

If you have a solid dev plan, the chances are someone else will too which equals a potential buyer.:)
<HYPE>...

Excellent advice, (wouldn't let me rep)...

Also g-o-l-d ....com $110.00 - sold at snap today...

g-

ps- will update my s-l-o-t in 2 weeks when I have a full months data

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back