NameSilo

news Web.com paid $1.3 million for about 100 eNom registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Deal was part of partnership to chase expired domain names.

In April, NameJet and SnapNames announced a partnership to combine forces to go after pending delete domain names.

NameJet is a 50/50 partnership between Rightside and Web.com, while SnapNames is 100% owned by Web.com.

As part of the partnership, Rightside sold its dropcatching registrar accreditations (mostly under its eNom umbrella) to Web.com.

In Web.com’s latest quarterly report filed with the SEC, the company reveals that it paid $1.3 million to acquire the accreditations. Although it doesn’t list the number of registrars, I count nearly 100 registrars that were once in Rightside’s stable (under eNom) that now show Web.com’s Network Solutions as a contact.

Rightside’s 10-Q filing shows a $1.1 million gain from the sale of these registrar accreditations.

Source:

https://domainnamewire.com/2016/08/16/web-com-paid-1-3-million-100-enom-registrars/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back