Dynadot

Web Designing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got a question?

how many of u do their own website designing? do u suggest buying one or getting one of the free that are out there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest doing it yourself as most designers design with search engines not in mind.

•••
Not true - I avoid flash/templates like the plague :D

SEO is my specialty, PM if you need professional designed sites at affordable prices.

•••
I design all my own websites and it saves a lot of money, it also means you can make sure everything is perfect, and just how you like it.

•••
I do design for competative prices. I also allow for a single HTML page and the deisigns also allow for SEO. :)

Flash...it looks cool...BUT...causes a BIG problem with SE;s .

PM me if u want anything. Typoical designs start at around $25 :)

•••
Originally posted by timechange.com
Not true - I avoid flash/templates like the plague :D

SEO is my specialty, PM if you need professional designed sites at affordable prices.

well yea, thus I said "most" :)
One big example is PixelBrick with their flying laptops, dance music and 90% images.
Of course there are designers who design with search engines in mind, however just not so many.

•••
•••
I usually try to design myself, except I'm not a really creative person.

If and when I do use a template, I never use it out-of-the-box. I first convert all the HTML to valid XHTML. After that I remove all the tables, and convert into a table-less CSS page.

Having done that, I test in a range of browsers (IE, Opera, NS7, NS4, Lyncx and best of all Mozilla Firebird). If there are any problems, I fix them and test again.

Then I use the design. Completely W3C-valid, and working in the major browsers.

•••
Design your own as its much cheaper and also you will get experience. also you can do your own upgrades.

•••
i agree with bulldog,

I design my own website, and Ive gone though about 4 or 5 designs now, and keep improving, adding new features etc.

•••
I suggest you make your own site. Doesn't cost much (electricty, blah blah) And you can make it exactly as you want it. And at the same time your learning....

•••
yeah I would suggest doing one on your own! I believe that yeah it might be ugly but oh well you did it yourself and you should be proud!

•••
Does anyone write their own style sheets? Is it worthwhile to learn cascading style sheets? I find that the browser issue is becoming more important these days with all the different browsers and resolutions. I know the purists are going to be all over me but I must say that nothing is quicker and easier than using FrontPage or Dreamweaver - even if you have to tweak the HTML. The problem is you have no control on how it will look on different browsers. What are your thoughts?

•••
Originally posted by sponk
I would suggest doing it yourself as most designers design with search engines not in mind.

This is definately not true. Most "Professional" design firms have to take SEO into consideration when doing all work.

I do alot of SEO work and design specifically for SE listing.

I will agree with Timechange Flash Templates and Intros are the kiss of death for anyone looking for Search engine position

Originally posted by vivnet
Does anyone write their own style sheets? Is it worthwhile to learn cascading style sheets? I find that the browser issue is becoming more important these days with all the different browsers and resolutions. I know the purists are going to be all over me but I must say that nothing is quicker and easier than using FrontPage or Dreamweaver - even if you have to tweak the HTML. The problem is you have no control on how it will look on different browsers. What are your thoughts?

Yes it is definately worth learning CSS they save enormous amounts os time and excess code

•••
I do it myself. I also sell my layouts if their wanted. If you intrested PM me :)

•••
intention

my intention was of not buying. but rather asking forum members their suggestion if they would be one or rather make thier own webdesigning. this would give me ideas, on what i should do on my future projects.

anyway thanks for your opinion guys. they have been a lot helpful:tu:

•••
Sometimes buying one is good if you want it quick but if you have time make your own. :)

•••
You can't always make the design you want out of nowhere.
So experienced designers come to play to make the project in to the web.

www.HiDefinition.net :)

•••
Hehe I do agree with that lol.

•••
Thanks for the feedback Webtwink - in a pinch I use www.aplustemplates.com - just a yearly 29.99 membership fee and a lot of choice - plus constant new additions - beats designing from scratch in Notepad!

•••
thanks a lot

thanks a lot viv, I might buy your site's services.:]

•••
You are most welcome! It's not my site though - I have no vested interest in it - I just think it's great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back