Domain Empire

Websites worth more money with social stas???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I came across this site, i'm not connected in any way too

http://www.submitse.com/stats/

I put some of my developed pages including domain portfolio webpages in and some come up estimated worth around half a million dollars etc...

The more social backlinks tweets gpluses, facebook, backlinks you have the more your site will be worth ...

What do you guys think????

I actually think we are going to see a change and that websites will be worth more with a strong social media presence... ie not just alexa page rank or pr some thing page rank as it used to be, love your feedback on this.

some of my sites have a low alexa rank and no standard backlinks but because they have a strong social presence they are estimated worth a lot.

best regards
Tony

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since social following/shares are easy to be manipulated (everything from twitter followers, facebook likes and even Soundcloud followers can be bought these days) i don't think it's a great idea to put a value on a website. That said, Alexa ranking and PR are pretty outdated too.

A good alternative for Alexa is Similarweb.com (seriously try it, you will never look at Alexa again) and a good way to investigate a sites SEO health is by looking it up on Majestic SEO.

Social following IS important for a site because it says a lot about popularity and how "likeable" the content of that site is but it's only one of the so many factors that gives a developed site value.

The site your linking is just fun to play with but probably doing an even worse job than Estibot does when it comes to put a value on a domain name, lol.

•••
Cheers buddy, i'll check out those sites!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back