IT.COM

Weird redirection!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
delete the index.html page?

Your site is picking up the index.htm anyway. Somewhere on your cPanel (or whatever you use) you will have the option of what will be the default page (index.htm, index.php, index.html usually are the defaults).

•••
Looks like your DirectoryIndex options in the httpd.conf file set the index.htm file as the default home page rather than the .html

Which is fine, but they should let you know that. The .html file either has a meta refresh or javascript, or they have the apache config file (or you have a .htaccess file) set to redirect the index.html file.

I am assuming a few things, did not actually look at the files.

If you want to use your new index.html file as the home page, your could delete or rename the existing index.htm, then rename your index.html as index.htm. Note that you may have to change the links on other pages to point to the correct file. Personally, I'd be calling them asking what's going on, if you're sure it's not your doing.

•••
Looks like your DirectoryIndex options in the httpd.conf file set the index.htm file as the default home page rather than the .html

Which is fine, but they should let you know that. The .html file either has a meta refresh or javascript, or they have the apache config file (or you have a .htaccess file) set to redirect the index.html file.

I am assuming a few things, did not actually look at the files.

If you want to use your new index.html file as the home page, your could delete or rename the existing index.htm, then rename your index.html as index.htm. Note that you may have to change the links on other pages to point to the correct file. Personally, I'd be calling them asking what's going on, if you're sure it's not your doing.

Hey, thanks for the fast responses both of you. My index file was in .html format but I changed that to .htm, so it wont redirect the visitors to the other customer's page each time he is clicking on the logo to reload the page.

I have already talked to the online chat of justhost. They seem really helpful but its weird fact also for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back