Dynadot

debate What are the best gTLDs?

Spaceship
Watch

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can only speak for myself and I sold about 30. Both to domainers and end-users. About 10 (maybe more) have been existing small or middle-sized companies or start-ups. I wrote about it yesterday, or the day before, on this forum.
Sure, start up can use this names, as they not have funds to purchase normal name. Even Google not developed website on their .xyz domain as it was just one of steps to promote this thousand waste extentions.

•••
•••
The ones that sell. :)

.CLUB then... ;)

Also .TOP, .ONLINE and .XYZ are starting to show decent sale stats. And no, I'm not comparing it with .COM.

•••
Sold to whom? Any end user? Domains which have demand only by domainers actually not have any real value.
Not true.
It would strip domain industry of the biggest moneymaking niches - short domains and number domains.
Compared to keyword domains a lot of short and numbers are not used by end-user yet, but have value and implied future value based on the rarity.
And it's real value, paid by dollars or yuans :)

•••
•••
I would start choosing TLD from here:

http://www.goldnames.com/domain-name-sales/224

There's 100-500K registration at the .top, .science, .party at $1/per, but no sales whatsoever, so what the point?

Make sure that what you buy can be resold first.

•••
From my research club guru online have more potential in time IMO but its speculation if course.

:xf.grin:

•••
Please share, how you measure "potential in time", please!

Do you use Delorian or any other similar equipment? ;)

•••
I see potentials in
  • .XYZ
  • .Online
  • .Gold
  • .Top
  • .Web
  • .IO (that's a ccTLD but who really cares)
  • .Club
  • .Link

There are so many new gTLD's out now and more coming out it's crazy

•••
IMO ...... Only the 3 character extensions and 2 character cc extensions will survive, domainers created the supply / demand in .com, it is also domainers creating the new gtlds. Oh over 20% of the worlds domains are parked and owned by domainers with no intention of developing them. IMO just like esn/nam changing was made illegal in the cell phone world, domaining may be nearing it's end too.. Just because multi billion dolar companies grab a 1 dollar domain doesn't make it a good extension it's merely marketing and of course google need to make waves they are getting into the registrar business themselves.......

•••
I can not say which one is the best, but I saw .top is really grow fast in one post.It should be expected :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Hello,

The niched new gTLDs are a totally new concept that most domainers seems to ignore. Extensions such as: .GOLF, .BEER, .FITNESS and .APARTMENTS etc. Those really requires perfectly matched keyword + TLD to make sense:

- Sex.golf (strong keyword BUT useless combination)
- Play.golf (strong keyword AND perfect combination)
- Car.beer (strong keyword BUT useless combination)
- Craft.beer (strong keyword AND perfect combination)
- Bitcoin.fitness (strong keyword BUT useless combination)
- Body.fitness (strong keyword AND perfect combination)
- Drone.apartments (strong keyword BUT useless combination)
- Newyork.apartments (strong keyword AND perfect combination)

I am positive that the best ones are future $XXX,XXX candidates. We have seen a few example of these sales already. Unfortunately many super-premiums comes with ridiculous renewal fees.

•••
•••
•••
imo, xyz, io and top. my favorite out of them would be .io just by the number of high quality sites it has (hipster central).

•••
IMO good gtld extensions are,

.services
.company
.online
.club
.guru
.world
.land
.property
.city
.deals
.tech
.care
.center
.today
.watch

Last edited:
•••
My personal favourite is .io but I have also bought .co and .in extension.

•••
My personal favourite is .io but I have also bought .co and .in extension.

Ok, but non of these are gTLDs. Anyway, I / we get your point.

•••
OK Got it. Was thinking something else....

•••
For me are the best:

.club
.one
.rocks
.web
.online
.guru
.top
.work

However, I am waiting for .web, it will be highly desired from new gTLDs.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well the following link speaks for itself who the winner might be!

https://ntldstats.com/tld

.xyz is currently leading the track on the new gtld. Speculation/Bubble/Market potential, whatever it is, xyz is steadily climbing up in market adoption right now.

Other examples of domains-in-action through social media and apps include Lady Gaga, who has a social media network on Place.xyz, and Apple, who just introduced its iPad Pro and Pencil while demoing the tablet app, UMake.xyz. We also featured the Tinder-meets-politics app, Voter.xyz, in a gen.xyz blog postearlier today.

And hacktv.xyz where facebook officially linked their live session by mark.

These indirect branding/marketing would see the rising of this extension and has a very good chance atleast for resellers. No matter who wins, finally as domaineers, we should see the future coming and thats where we will make our $ .

•••
.Pub :) :) :)
According to Name Bio only one sale so far - jazz.pub and it was mine.

I have few more .PUBs with perfect match keyword + TLD but no to many interests for them.

Anyway, my favourite is .club and .xyz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back