Dynadot

What are the latest trends in the UI design?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

uistreets

Impact
What are the latest trends in the UI design?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As per my knowledge, experience and my clients request currently people are following Parallax / One page design style, this is really "in thing".

•••
•••
Hello Friends,

I have no idea about it please suggest me.

•••
•••
It is seen that people prefer the following in UI design

Flat Designing is in.
Drag down refresh is the new trend.
Gestures, that are targeted i.e. Targeted Gestures.
Controls that get hidden when they are not in use.
The presence of Illustration that are detailed.

•••
I'd say sticky elements. I have been using sticky navs for years, but now you get sticky footers, widgets etc.

•••
I'm a front-end dev for some sites and the past year we've seen much more:
  • Full bleed (browser edge-to-edge) images/videos
  • Large autoplay HTML5 background videos
  • Mobile first designs (considering touch interactions and mobile screen real estate; adding more as you gain resolution)
  • Responsive design, where your website displays nicely on various devices natively (without a separate mobile site for example)

•••
I'm a front-end dev for some sites and the past year we've seen much more:
  • Full bleed (browser edge-to-edge) images/videos
  • Large autoplay HTML5 background videos
  • Mobile first designs (considering touch interactions and mobile screen real estate; adding more as you gain resolution)
  • Responsive design, where your website displays nicely on various devices natively (without a separate mobile site for example)

True, Full screen slider and video playback is really picking up

•••
For sure. With wider high-speed mobile access every day, it's more feasible to make sites that depend on these more data-heavy features.

•••
what framework do u use for a one for ! all solution ? are there any tips for retina ?

•••
Some really popular frameworks are Bootstrap and Foundation, that come out of the box with some great responsive structure. There's plenty of themes for WordPress for example that use them, or you can checkout html5boilerplate.com for static files.

With retina pixel density is 2 to 1, so a safe rule of thumb for display is to render twice the display size and shrink down. If images are too big file size can be a concern, but caching, lazy loading and other front-end technologies can help.

•••
Some of the top trends in today UI design world are illustration,breaking the grid,parallax,gradient and vivid color,and immersive full screen video.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back