Domain Empire

What do I need to know about SE submissions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When I go to submit my site to search engines, sometimes I get messages concerning meta tags/keywords/etc... What do I need to do to insert the proper information into my web site pages to make sure they meet the requirements for submissions? How do I make meta tags and where do I insert them? What keywords do I use (the site is about motocross) and where are they placed? Is it true your keywords need to appear in your web site? Any information on this subject is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Nikki

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hate to give you honest answer. But search engine submission is totally a waste of time. It won't hurt you, but it won't help you either. Get more backlinks, search egnines will find your pages by following links from pages indexed already.

•••
dejaone said:
I hate to give you honest answer. But search engine submission is totally a waste of time. It won't hurt you, but it won't help you either. Get more backlinks, search egnines will find your pages by following links from pages indexed already.

agreed - and NEVER pay any of those "submit your site to 1 million Searc Engine for $20" scams

•••
Totally true.

But you should have at least the description tag. And the Title tag is vital for you.

Here is what you put in your source code.

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Put your title with some keywords here</TITLE>

<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Write a good description for your site with a couple of sentences.">

</HEAD>

Then try to have some keywords in H1 tags and in the text of your page.

Then get as many sites linking to you as possible. Too many are not enough ...

The rest is a bit more advanced. Try to read some articles, SitePro news is a good place to search articles about this.

This field is called SEO and it's a whole science, but the above could help you for a start.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back