IT.COM

domain What do you think about .co domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hidigo

Established Member
Impact
What is the worth of .co domains ( for example: robbery.co, shoulders.co, stuttering.co ) ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had better single word domains than those, and I couldn't sell them for anything. People kept asking me "what's co?" - Or they thought I meant .COM and forgot the M.

That's why you can still fund a bunch of single-words available on it. I'd stay away.

•••
.co's are decent, a lot of start-ups lean towards .co. There are still decent .co sales. But, I would lean towards single word product/service names in .co. Everything else is pretty much worthless. imo

•••
Yeah, ask yourself "could I and would I start a business on this name?". If you couldn't or wouldn't, then you'll have a hard time convincing anyone else they should.

Last edited:
•••
Colombian's speak Spanish. So there are English domain names dropping every day in .co. Sure there are a few tech startups using .co, but they are the exception rather than the rule. The chances of a startup wanting your English .co domain are slim to none. I have picked up a few English .co domains over the last year, but they are only mostly for my own use, rather than to make any money on reselling them. Stick to .com and your own ccTLD. Can you make money investing in English .co domains? The chances are very much stacked against you.

•••
Before general availability started, I placed an order for a few .CO names and was actually able to catch a few that in the .COM would easily be priced at $100,000+, but I was never able to get more than a few hundred dollars offers for them.

No doubt the .CO registry has done a great job in promoting the extension, and they have been successful in generating income or scoring great sales, but I have serious doubts about the long-term value of .CO names.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back