IT.COM

poll What is the best extension to own a keyword in? (excluding .com/.net/.org)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the best extension to own a keyword in? (excluding .com/.net/.org)

• 29 votes
  • Ended 3 months ago
  • Final results

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
You can vote for up to 3 choices. I'd love to see what different domainers see the best value in when it comes to keyword domains. Feel free to explain your reasons below.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
Do you own a lot of domains in those extensions?

I own a few .site like lead .site and beat .site

I also own good .XYZ like emo .xyz sponsor .xyz jetpack .xyz Kylie .xyz

I don't own any .web yet :p

•••
•••
Predictions (12-24 mos.)

Western: .online
Eastern: .ch

•••
My only $xxxx sale this year was a .TV and I separately received a low $xxxx offer on another .TV but given $28-$30 renewals on .TV I would not recommend them as investments. Even after fifteen years and modest developer adoption, the aftermarket is anemic. Thus when I read comments from NTLD investors that they believe the NTLD market will be booming in three years my view is they are dreaming. Yes there are a lot of domain investors buying these and trading them amongst themselves. But end user acquisitions of new extensions at $XXXX prices will require a massive shift in the value placed on domains as brands. I believe domains can be awesome branding tools but most people outside the industry value a domain like a logo - a $50 item at best.

•••
xyz co online tech cc should do good in the following years ;)

•••
I like .ONLINE because it's so obvious (didn't like it before but changed my mind). I like .CO because it's cool (have always liked it). I like .TECH because I like tech. I like .LINK because it's short, generic and cheap (although no one else seems to like it).

I don't like .XYZ because it's visually damn ugly IMO.

•••
oh yeah, and link... and club... hehe :)

•••
•••
I voted for .info (cheap), .co (short and you get .com traffic from missing the m), and .xyz (because I like .xyz and it's cheap)

•••
Keywords should be connected with .top

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back