Domain Empire

question What is the best way to get the domain in the GoDaddy expiring domain auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCOFIELD

Established Member
Impact
I have some wired experiences in GoDaddy auction. If I tried to place a bid on a no bidder domain name before the last 5 mins, there always be someone from no where try to bid again me in the last 30 seconds. Is there a tool or service to detect last 5 mins bid?
I tried to wait until it become a closed-out domain, but sometime someone will get it before me.
For an expiring domain name seems no bidder in Godaddy auction that I really want. What is the best way to get it?
Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has been discussed a lot here. If you can afford losing this domain, you can refrain from bidding and try catching the domain at closeout. If you really want it, you'd better keep bidding to a level you can afford.

Think about this: we can't get all the domains we want. With this unpleasant but simple thought, it will be much easier for you to accept the cases of no-win.

•••
It has been discussed a lot here. If you can afford losing this domain, you can refrain from bidding and try catching the domain at closeout. If you really want it, you'd better keep bidding to a level you can afford.

Think about this: we can't get all the domains we want. With this unpleasant but simple thought, it will be much easier for you to accept the cases of no-win.

Exactly.

In most cases, it's better to wait for the domain to hit closeout.

•••
Dropalert.com catches last minute activity. There used to be a sniper tool, maybe it was against TOS. Good advice above.

•••
Thank you for all of the advice above.
Yes I have learned that I can not get or afford to get all the domains I want.
To see a domain that I have been watched for days until it hit closed out, then it just disappeared!
Or I have to against another bidder(only me and the other) to over paid hundreds of dollars to get what I expected to get for 11 dollars. Those things make me feel depressed:'(

•••
Dropalert.com catches last minute activity. There used to be a sniper tool, maybe it was against TOS. Good advice above.

I got a name I want( but I did not notice before) through Dropalert.com for $15.
Thank you so much for your information.

•••
For the $5 savings I think it's better to just bid on it. If the $5 savings makes or breaks the sale for you the domain was probably not worth bidding on in the first place.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back