Dynadot

question What is the new hot trend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
Well, what do you think can be the hot trend on domain names?Still i see people buy holo domains, bitcoin names etc.What is your opinion about future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Some popular technology trends :

Modular (Homes / Phones / Watches / TV's)

Wearables / Attachables / Blocks / Smartwear

Beacons

Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Mixed Reality

Holograms

Big Data

Cryptocurrency

Internet of Things (IOT)

Headsets

Robotics

Nanotechnology / Quantum Dots

HTML5 / One Page Websites / Web Apps

Sensors / Trackers

Drones

HUD (Head Up Displays)

Glance Cards

New gTLDs

3dPrinting/3dScanning

Wireless energy transfer

Biometrics

Last edited:
•••
5 Letter Chinese .coms and .nets

•••
•••
Novelty new gTLD Domains !

Last edited:
•••
Short premium Chinese names. Chinese premium LLL are being bought up in pretty much every extension.

•••
•••
Reasonably, hand reggable: 5L, 6N, gold, domain hacks, and premium, sensible 1 words in new gtld...in no order.

•••
hand reg 4 letter .net-s and sell them for $150 each.

•••
•••
•••
liquid or some alien related domain may be help for future because recently slightly increase aliens activity which is show clearly would be make trend.

•••
•••
Chinese premium LLLL.co - all names with patterns like AAAB, ABBB, AABB plus CVCV were registered in October.
Namecheaps runs promotion right now ($2.78) so you might want to get a few while you can ;)
NNNN.co already go above $100 http://namebio.com/?s=QNyQDNyIjM

•••
•••
Some popular technology trends :

Modular (Homes / Phones / Watches / TV's)
Wearables / Attachables / Blocks / Smartwear
Beacons
Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Mixed Reality
Holograms
Big Data
Cryptocurrency
Internet of Things (IOT)
Headsets
Robotics
Nanotechnology / Quantum Dots
HTML5 / One Page Websites / Web Apps
Sensors / Trackers
Drones
HUD (Head Up Displays)
Glance Cards
New gTLDs
3dPrinting/3dScanning
Wireless energy transfer
Biometrics

Selling most of these tech related domains in Namepros auction very soon!!
...keep an eye on my Signature!! ;)

Cheers!!

•••
As others have said before in this thread - LLNN.com's - but more than just for the Chinese market, this will start to be a western naming/marketing trend too in the near future.

•••
As others have said before in this thread - LLNN.com's - but more than just for the Chinese market, this will start to be a western naming/marketing trend too in the near future.

How are we supposed to remember these numeric domains ?

You not think that over 99% of these numeric domain are nonsensical ?

•••
How are we supposed to remember these numeric domains ?

You not think that over 99% of these numeric domain are nonsensical ?

When it comes to LLNN's the first thing I recommend is to go try and pick a 'good one' up at auction - you will quickly learn the state of the namespace - and it's starting the boom now.

So here's my rant for the month O_o

How are you supposed to remember 4 characters? Come on now @doubleU :xf.smile:

Pin numbers, phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, alpha numeric passwords, zip codes, email addresses, birthdays, websites, channels... all random at one time, and most of these are longer than 4 characters and you can remember them just fine because they have meaning to you.

Especially if they are marketed!

Case-in-point : 1738

So 1738 might seem 'nonsensical', but 1738 is searched for over 135,000 times a month. A popular American rapper Fetty Wap (aka "Remmy Boys") uses it - it's their crew name. So if American rappers are using numerics (which they have been for a long time 213, E1999 etc...) it's obviously not a stretch to seeing businesses (especially Chinese) using short numeric designations.

Now Fetty Wap is not using the domain 1738.com, but in an absolutely BRILLIANT move by RemmyMartin they acquired the domain 1738.com and are now using it as a redirect to their products & website. They did this because Fetty Wap and his crew sings about RemmyMartin products and calls themselves "Remmy Boys".

So they saw value in owing what may have once been a completely 'random' number set.

The two most important things when it comes to domains are domain meaning and permutations. Not just in numerics, but with every domain that exists. It's the foundation of domaining, and people have seemingly forgotten that.

Why are "cars.com" "care.com" "love.com" etc so valuable as domain... because they are the shortest permutation of a subject matter that carries the most direct meaning. So if you extend that to numerics... why are 2N's - 4N's so valuable - permutations of course.

How many numbers have meaning to you that can fit 4 Characters? Extend that to businesses & corporations - because don't forget, corporations are people too.

Now when it comes to LLNN, it is true that it is not the most conventional pattern to remember but this namespace has been heavily acquired by Chinese investors for a long time, because they actually use them for business and an online presence (cu88.com, ma18.com, vn99.com, etc...) unlike the current 'chip flip' trading that is going on with 4L's.

This 'use' of LLNN is also starting to emerge in the west i.e. TB12 saga, CE21.com, PE28.com, etc... they are pretty easy to remember, just two tiny pairs. Think of a website you have frequently visited with 12+ characters in their DN, we all can remember them just fine if it is meaningful enough - so a simple paired 4C is no problem.

In addition, LLNN has 67600 of ALL possible permutations. Even if you just look at 4L pinyin (thats 4L without a,e,i,o,u,v) thats 160000 possible permutations - nearly three times more than ALL LLNN. So if pinyin LLLL is being traded purely as a chip based on rarity (which it mostly is), it makes absolutely no sense that LLNN isn't unless LLLL trading is a bubble and it's just following an investor pushed narrative (which it is).

Don't people equate domains to real estate? It's shocking that the correlations aren't being made, or have they... Haven't seen pinyin LLLL's flying off the shelves here at NP lately have you? It's part of the 'bubble' behavior, similar to what happened with trading homes as a bundled commodity in 2002 - 2007 in the real estate crash. Banks told a story that real estate was a great investment, and will only increase in value - and banks started selling the property (via mortgages) as a commodity overseas... sound familiar. This continued until it was no longer cost effective for banks to buy - and when the banks stopped buying mortgages the whole thing fell apart.

Back to domains... food for thought - 5N permutations without the 4 - 59,049 so I think in not to far of a near future LLNN's will have a pretty commanding price point.

So for me as an investor LLNN has a very high potential ROI up side from end user acquisition and possible future 'chip' trading, which is also why I like them.

I also do a lot of domain research, and the holders of many LLNN's have a pretty good domain investing/sales track record.

Okay I've ranted enough... but as an investor in domains I subscribe to one philosophy when it comes to short domains - "If it hasn't, it will." Now I don't live and die by this, and it is purely speculative so use it at your own risk, but moving forward over the next 4 - 6 years... it's my opinion that if a namespace 4 characters or less in the .COM ext hasn't been designated a premium value yet, it will. 4C Combos outside LLNN have a long way to go, but as the population grows and the .COM space remains fixed, short domains will continue to grow in demand.

Outside of that time, I think gTLDs will start to gain traction - as people won't stay transfixed on .COM forever. I ran a business once that profited purely on the fact that people were still afraid to use eBay, buying cell phones for low, and selling high on the eBay platform over time people caught up and adapted. Right now most people are truly afraid and unsure about venturing outside of .COM. It's a similar behavior with most of the internet.

In 2002 many top companies weren't including URL's on print ads, they didn't understand online quite yet. Now here in 2015 they get it, but the masses still have a lot of catching up to do as it seems they are stuck in 2007. First .COM ( and domaining) will continue to rise, and rise, till it all reaches a point of max exposure - and then people will adapt.

It's not a crystal ball, it's just life... everything is the same.

Last edited:
•••
Online Food Retailing

Everything related to replacing labor with machines, not new but ongoing

Global solutions, not limited to certain countries

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back