NameSilo

.tv What is your experience with DomainStore.TV?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,
I'd like to know if you have tried DomainStore.TV and what is your experience.
I've read that they are very serious and trustable but have you ever sold a domain through their mailing list?
Plus in this period I see a lot of .tv domains priced low/mid XX.XXX and I wonder if that is the right place to try selling domains in that range of price.
Thanks to everyone.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
-I think more then 50% of domains in their newsletter are priced ridiciously high.
-The majority of domains are most likely probably their own.
-Some domains have just been registered 1 day before a newsletter came out, so they're looking to make a quick flip from a $10.99 reg to selling it for $600+....
If only it was that easy to make money, but some idiots are born yersterday...

But I've read that some people here have sold domains at sub $1000, so if you're looking to get rid of your junk, then this would probably be the venue.

Looking forward to other people's opinion.

•••
I have only been a buyer... and so far so good.

No issues yet + they have had some nice names listed.... and yes - the prices for domainers might seem a bit high on some things, but there are also some deals to be had as well methinks.

:)

•••
I have sold many names with Brian and am extremely happy with his service and trust him completely. His reach is also outside those on this forum and I have found buyers through his service that I would never have reached on my own. Also it is success based so there is no risk.

•••
I think I bought fudge.tv from the newsletter for $95,but I have not tried to sell anything. Seems like some quality names pass through there.

•••
I have only been a buyer... and so far so good.

No issues yet + they have had some nice names listed.... and yes - the prices for domainers might seem a bit high on some things, but there are also some deals to be had as well methinks.

:)

There are indeed some great deals, but only on the lower quality names.
However, the premium ones are way over-priced towards End-User companies with loads of dough that actually would be nuts to pay such prices!
And I'm assuming Brian's clients are mostly domain investors....

But I'm glad someone started a striclty .tv newsletter! :tu:

•••
There are indeed some great deals, but only on the lower quality names.
However, the premium ones are way over-priced towards End-User companies with loads of dough that actually would be nuts to pay such prices!
And I'm assuming Brian's clients are mostly domain investors....

But I'm glad someone started a striclty .tv newsletter! :tu:

It's a strange mix. One minute there are a bunch of names for $150 and then the next day EVERYTHING is 20K plus.

Seen a lot of names that are $10 names that are listed for $1500 same day. It's not totally unreasonable that there may be some... but there are too many. By that I mean that I think it would be better if there was more of an effort to align the prices a little. It seems random and just a newsletter delivered to people. I should say that I've done LITTLE TO NO INVESTIGATION in the distribution.

I personally don't like exclusivity part of the sign-up but I understand why it's there and don't blame him. I think it would be more justified if there was more effort though - just because I listed I have to take ANY sale and send 15%? I guess I live in a world where I would expect some honesty - if I saw it on a newsletter I would go through the newsletter and not directly to the whois as a matter of personal ethics.

Lots of names I passed on show up.. and lots of names I wanted at $20 but not at $1000+

Note: I'm not interested in buying any. I just like to look :)

Last edited:
•••
I've sold many names there at a wide range of prices and buyers. Brian does a great job there. Obviously if you want to sell you need to realistic and be flexible in your pricing.

•••
So far so good with DomainStore.tv. I did purchase a few names and yesterday I sold a name there. Brian is prompt and efficient in the transaction process, always reacting to emails. Smart services, I don't mind to pay a 15% commission. But I agree, there are many names tagged at 'unrealistic' prices although we all know that a price does not make the quality of a name ;) , however knowing that the list goes to many investors oustide of the club I may easily understand that some selllers (including myself) are tempted to stretch their asking prices.

•••
I forgot to add. Brian often lists names that have sold... no doubt over time you could track the sale but it's working for some :)

And a Dumb question.

Have you emailed him and asked him a question? If he's taking 15% commission I'm sure he'd take the time to answer if you had legitimate questions. He might even include something in his "note" that is included if it is interesting enough :)

•••
does he sell other extensions besides .tv?

•••

Why is that 'nuts'? Do you think it's nuts for a media company to invest $10k-$30k in a great keyword .TV domain for development - a domain that actually relates to their brand or product? Online video is where it's at and it's growing faster than ever before.

I personally think it's equally nuts or let me say outrageous to splash out $250k- $5million to get the equivalent .com. If you want to find the most overpriced domains on the market today, turn towards .com.

5-7 years from now a lot of media companies probably won't bother with .com in terms of video related content. If they're building a brand or promoting their products with video, they'll probably go for .TV. Playboy.TV and BMW.TV are the latest examples of that trend.

Time will tell what's going to happen :)

As far as Brian goes, he's doing a great job for .TV and he's got some great names for sale at all times.

•••
I've purchased a good number of domains from Brian's email list, and am very happy with the purchases. And there's no one I'd rather do business with. Brian is a stand-up guy (and the very talented director of "Being Ron Jeremy").

•••
•••
I have sold a name with Brian and my experience has been good.

•••
I purchased from Brian's newsletter and it was a smooth and quick transaction. I think he is doing a fine job. There many good deals that show up, imo and I do not think the prices are unrealistic at all.

•••
I purchased 2 .TVs from Brian's newsletter during the summer, and missed out on 2 names due to bidding too late.
...Still an excellent place to look for first-rate acquistitions IMHO.

•••
I purchased 2 .TVs from Brian's newsletter during the summer, and missed out on 2 names due to bidding too late.
...Still an excellent place to look for first-rate acquistitions IMHO.

Then contrary to a lot of posts... prices set too cheap :)

•••
Yeah, I guess the beauty lies in the fact that folks always see value differently :).

Of the 2 I missed out: The 1st one has an asking price of $500 (SOLD to Mike Berken).
The other one sold at asking price of $1.5K to Blue String Ventures (dnlucky) cause I made my offer 2 hours late :(.

Then contrary to a lot of posts... prices set too cheap :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back