Domain Empire

information What LLLL.Net Domains You Dropped on Previous Buyout?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
When I was a newbie to domaining I saw LLLL.com buyout. Just after that the available LLLL.net domains were shrinking. I though it would be wise to invest in LLLL.net domains too. I registered 100+ LLLL.net domains including lots of ABBB, AAAB, ABAB etc. After 1+ , buyou failed and everyday people started to drop LLLL.net & I dropeed them after renewing for about 3 years as it did not sell.

Looking at todays prices I feel like that I have dropped lots of domains which are selling today for $200+. Sometimes I regret. But that's Domaining. Anyway I will list the domains I droppped as far as my records show. Please share what you dropped. We might see lots of valuables and members will learn how to face a "Buyout" (Not just LLLL.net) and what happen @ 1+ years.

LLLL.Net Dropped
SGTV.NET
LYIP.NET
HEFO.NET
PIFO.NET
JIPY.NET
ANOF.NET
FVTV.NET
IGUM.NET
LLLH.NET
LLLN.NET
LNNN.NET
NNNB.NET
NNNR.NET
RNNN.NET
TLLL.NET
CGGG.NET
SFFF.NET
THHH.NET
CEGU.NET
TVPB.NET
TFTV.NET
BELH.NET

Other Valuable Domains Dropped
763.CC - How much does it worth today?

192.INFO
422.INFO
AAAAE.COM
BABI.ORG
CAY.INFO
GNI.CO
IEE.INFO
LMO.CO
LPB.CO
LTO.CO
MPO.CO
NLO.CO
PNO.CO
TLL.CO
TTN.CO

Will update more when I have time. Good Luck on Buyouts!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. Those were gems that flew away. Luckily, I haven't dropped any yet for 3L, 4L, 3N, 4N for any extension as I believe in their values. However, I sold them pretty low at that time. If only they were kept a little longer, the ROI could have been great. However, we can't really predict the market.

•••
When I was a newbie to domaining I saw LLLL.com buyout. Just after that the available LLLL.net domains were shrinking. I though it would be wise to invest in LLLL.net domains too. I registered 100+ LLLL.net domains including lots of ABBB, AAAB, ABAB etc. After 1+ , buyou failed and everyday people started to drop LLLL.net & I dropeed them after renewing for about 3 years as it did not sell.
Will update more when I have time. Good Luck on Buyouts!

and you didn´t learn anything from that? You renewed them for 3 years, you did not get any end-user requests to buy them?`
did you get any requests for those 100 ?

And looks like you had very nice ones, not bad letters. Like they register now.

•••
But please write here how many of those 100 you got in 2007 You actually sold in this 3 year time?
did you manage to sell 1% in year? or not even that?

Would be good to know

did you sell one or two in year for $800 to justify the renewal fees.

I doubt it.

Thats the reality, when all the reseller/buyers dissapear.

I am with you, if you would have hold on to them, you would have gotten nice payout today for them. becuase there are so many Chinese taxi drivers investing into them.

•••
and you didn´t learn anything from that? You renewed them for 3 years, you did not get any end-user requests to buy them?`
did you get any requests for those 100 ?

And looks like you had very nice ones, not bad letters. Like they register now.

I learnt that whenever there is a buy out, dispose any domain you have invested on within 1st couple of months, because most peoples talk about it and makes a fake demand or bubble. Its a quick way to make a buck. But don't hold them hoping the price will rise. It might go up or go down. Can't be sure and contains high risk. But if you recover your investment through 1st couple of months, your ready to gamble.

Another thing I learnt is that, if the buyout hold for 2+ years, it will hold for longer like 6+ years which did not happen in LLLL.net buy out previously. Most people invested a lot in LLLL.net seeing LLLL.com sky rocketing. After 1 year when renewals hit, they had to pay almost double the amount to keep them as there were no promotions for renewals as in registration. Most people including me tried to go though the list and pick which domain to renew and which domain to drop. Eventually buyout fails and fail rate increased as no one is buying them anymore.

I have never received any offer for my 100+ LLLL.net domains. However I received a 2k offer for NLO.CO and I countered. He never replied to me again. Renewed for couple of years and dropped seeing no interest in market. Renewals were $20+ for .co at that time.

Best thing you could do is wait a little (1+ to 3 years). at 1+ years you will see where buyout goes. If it failes your safe with your money. If its a success, you can buy from aftermarket for mostly around $20 (actually little over registration and renewal fee for the seller). You might feel like you missed the plane. But that is not the last or only plane. you will always have options in Domaining World.

Just my 2 cent opinion :xf.wink:

•••
Note
I'm not in to or against the LLLL.net buyout or any other buyout. But I just don't take risk that I can't afford. Because I have options to invest. I only invest in buyouts which I afford to loss

•••
I have never received any offer for my 100+ LLLL.net domains. However I received a 2k offer for NLO.CO and I countered. He never replied to me again. Renewed for couple of years and dropped seeing no interest in market. Renewals were $20+ for .co at that time.

Just my 2 cent opinion :xf.wink:

thank You for your honesty. I really like You!

Thats what I am telling all along, there is no demand outside the system! The place where the demand should be!

I can see that from my 4 letter.com-s I sell 1-2 in year from my 300+. I invested maybe $100 into each with renewal fees for 10 years. Now if you invest $300000k into them at $1000 each you never justify the renewal fees. Thats the reality.

You can make some nice cash short term, but if the prices start to fall, run.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back