NameSilo

.info What order do you prefer .info .net and .org?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just curious what everybody prefers out of .net .info and .org I myself used to prefer .net out of the 3 but I have since changed to .info over the other 2. Anybody else have this sudden change of heart?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.net still works better for for me, followed by .info then .org.

•••
i like .net, then .info, and finally .org

•••
It depends on the domain name. For example, I just got myself LeQuebec.info which is very apt, definitely better than LeQuebec.net and far superior to LeQuebec.org. I also find myself warming towards .INFO - and it's cheap too.

•••
org is definitely #3 of those listed. In many cases, I even prefer .us or .biz over .org unless it truly is an organization name or acronym.

I like .info best if the name specifically fits "information". I like .net if it fit's networking or otherwise doesn't fit the .info meaning.

•••
I would prefer .net, .info, then .org!

•••
.net, .info, .org -- Unless its a locations or city name, then .info first...

•••
value: .net, .org, .info

for personal development: .info, .org, .net

•••
I prefer .net, .info, .org.

.net because everyone knows it, I mean, I don't think I have ever been looking for something and typed in a .info... Most people almost never use them.

•••
I prefer .net, .org, .info

•••
.info .net .org to me .info is already 2nd to .com

•••
•••
They're all pretty close in value and it really depends on the application as to which extension I would use.

In general, I pick .org .info .net

.ORG is a respected and well recognized extension. Ok for businesses, groups, informational sites. Not great for online storefronts.

.INFO has a lot of potential! Only thing holding back this excellent extension is exposure in mainstream advertising. I also don't particularly like it for ecommerce applications.

.NET always been second fiddle to .COM. Still can be somewhat effective with powerful terms or portal sites.

•••
Personally....
1)Org-There is a culture out there that won't visit anything but orgs...as an alternative to the mainstream commercial .com(ie Big Business)....(the numbers are huge and they have money:)).
2)Info-Still relatively unknown to the mainstream,but will be profitable in 3-5 years once it becomes better known and people see the potential.
3)Net-somehow appears to be second class....not sure why?

•••
.NET or .INFO (depending on the site) then .ORG :)

•••
•••
I agree w/ above- alot rides on the name and context. I'm a big .info fan but have recently warmed up to .org having *finally*broken through the for non-profit associations. and can now accept the broader, dictionary, (if you will), definition of the word. Net has, over the years, expanded from it's original purpose of being a technical internet service tld, to include supporting and providing technical assist. for it's .com partner, and, than, later, as a stand alone "next best" alternative to .com. W/ the emergence of other, more appropriate, tlds it has lost some of it's punch, but, IMO, continues to be the strongest non-.com ext for internet and other tech sites.

All things being equal, and considering the current pool of available names that are out there, or that are being dropped, info, org, net. My projection is that .Info will be the undisputed, overall #2 tld in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
•••
Re: .NET

.net then .org

did you say .info? Sorry I guess I am just old school.

•••
•••
Wow really mixed opinions which I think is great! I plan on developing a .info this time around just because I havent seen any at all. I'll keep you guys posted :)

•••
•••
Re: Re: .NET

Originally posted by acts837
.net then .org

did you say .info? Sorry I guess I am just old school.

Exactly. Most Internet users have no idea .info even exists. I still like it better than .org most of the time, though...

:talk:

•••
Yea.. .net is defently the best(out of those 3) then .org. cause not many people know about .info yet.

•••
•••
Well, actually, while I agree most people haven't heard of .info, it's starting to get known. I recently saw a commercial and they gave a .info site adress. Also, it's being used by some anti-pollution and other anti- stuff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back