IT.COM

What's the best strategy? Quick and small profit or hold and (hope) bigger profits?

Spaceship
Watch

domainba

Established Member
Impact
So I was wondering, what you guys think that it's a better strategy for beginners?
Buy domains for ~$10 and try to flip for ~$20 (probably for resellers trying to speculate) or hold them and try to sell for end users?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I was wondering, what you guys think that it's a better strategy for beginners?
Buy domains for ~$10 and try to flip for ~$20 (probably for resellers trying to speculate) or hold them and try to sell for end users?
Although some may have luck with the flipping aspect, my focus is on premium buys with multi year holds.

There are lots of threads here where this has been discussed over the years...use the search function in upper right and be prepared to take notes along the way. There is a ton of info available.

Define your potential buyers before investing in any name...go waaaaaay slow in buying until you have done lots of research.

•••
Hi

when i started, 20 years ago... as a beginner i registered names for $6.95 and resold for $15 and up!

however, the climate, the crowd, the costs, conditions, competition, etc was much different than today.

if you found a niche` or had some insights to future, then maybe you could hand reg some terms and hold until/if they mature into an "in demand" trend.

but when you go that route,
then you gotta know when to hold or let go,
and/or how long you gonna hold until you fold... if and when each name is not sold.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back