IT.COM

books "When You Leave This Way" -- Back on sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
As many of you know, I've taken down my earlier book for further editing. After knocking 6,000 words of (and paying over $1000 to have professionals further edit the piece), I can now say: the book is back and better than ever! The blurb:

In the real world, the wave of a wand will not mend a shattered childhood.

Brandon Wright lives a reality no child should ever have to endure. The revealing of a hitherto unknown piece of information leads to a bizarre series of events that claims four victims--one death orchestrated by Brandon’s own hand. Joined with his siblings and friends, he hops aboard a train, to leave his troubles behind.

The result is a descent into decadence, spiraling downward from poverty, encounters with predators, and meeting with an enigmatic man who presents them all with what he dubs the proverbial perfect crime. Brandon’s quest for atonement becomes a personification of grave peril: The harder he tries to seek repentance, the more his world collapses.

With destitute conditions and a weighty conscience, can Brandon return the childhood he stole from those in his company? Can the secret be deduced before it tears away what little remains of his world? Life has taken its bitter turn, and When You Leave This Way, you’ll find yourself wishing that some things remain kept in the dark.

Ahead of its March 1st promotional period, I wanted to give you the guys the head-up. The eBook will be on sale for $1.99US; all other currencies will too be reduced. You can read a full chapter here: http://whenyouleavethisway.com/flipbook/index.php or simply buy an eBook/paperback here: http://whenyouleavethisway.com/book.php Don't mind the book's website. It still needs a tad bit or work. My personal site is a disaster--it needs all the work it can get! The book's site is better.
new-cover-small.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks great, I can't wait to read it. Thanks for posting it.

•••
The cover page and book title are impressive.

•••
Good luck Randy!

I bought the original. Will my copy auto update if I download it again through Kindle?

An editor is money well spent since it will help you write better on your next endeavor.

•••
Love the cover what payment methods are gonna be included for this?

•••
Apologies for the lateness. I've been promoting this thing since its release, thus I haven't been in NP for awhile. To address a few:

Good luck Randy!

I bought the original. Will my copy auto update if I download it again through Kindle?

An editor is money well spent since it will help you write better on your next endeavor.

I broke outta domain retirement to get the cash for editing and promotional things. I cut an earlier passage, as it was weighing the beginning down. I've done some more edits, then handed it to a pro for a new edit. The book is now very clean and a far easier read. The $1k was well worth it!

Will it update? I'm honestly not sure, but I think it should. This is sold through a different publisher, yet it's still a Kindle release on Amazon. So I'm unsure. The earlier version was choppy, done with a free Kindle creator. I paid actual money to get the newer book looking/acting professional. This might reflect on the original purchases too, but I'm again unsure.

Love the cover what payment methods are gonna be included for this?

Right now, the book is sold through Amazon. Any payments they'll accept will do. I'm mulling selling autographed soft/hardcovers in the near future. If I do, they'd be sold through me alone, and I'd likely accept all payment types. We'll see.

Hardcovers will be up within a week.

I have a second book, pro edited and ready. But I'm unsure when it'll be released. I'll have to think it over.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back