Dynadot

question Where can I sell a domain with financing option?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know that name.club have the option for sellors to offer payment plans but only for 60 months which is too much imo. Is there any other marketplace that offers payment plans but with more flexible terms?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
escrow.com holding service is the least expensive reliable one I found for my sale of a high five figure price domain. Another factor is the reputation of escrow.com - it was known to my buyer so he felt comfortable with it.

The longer out the payments go the higher the fees since there is a monthly holding service. My buyer paid all escrow fees which are collected as part of the first payment (down payment).

Last edited:
•••
Undeveloped does up to 6 months - don't know if you are looking for longer than this? Or the value of your name so unsure if this will be relevant

•••
Undeveloped does up to 6 months - don't know if you are looking for longer than this? Or the value of your name so unsure if this will be relevant

Looking for up to 12 months with the value of $5k-$25k approx.

•••
UnDeveloped will charge you a usurious 5% if you bring your own buyer (9% if the buyer comes from UnDeveloped).

I considered UnDeveloped at 5% but I might have lost the sale if it meant making my buyer pay 5%. Escrow.com holding service was much lower.

Last edited:
•••
@xynames has a good point Undeveloped is better (imo) for lower value sales so might be worth exploring escrow.com for your price range and length......

•••
escrow.com holding service is the least expensive reliable one I found for my sale of a high five figure price domain. Another factor is the reputation of escrow.com - it was known to my buyer so he felt comfortable with it.

The longer out the payments go the higher the fees since there is a monthly holding service. My buyer paid all escrow fees which are collected as part of the first payment (down payment).

UnDeveloped will charge you a usurious 5% if you bring your own buyer (9% if the buyer comes from UnDeveloped).

I considered them at 5% but I would have lost the sale if it meant making my buyer pay 5%. Escrow.com holding service was much lower.

Wow! That is way lower than name.clubs 30% in fees. Are we really talking about the same service here - a service where I as a seller can sell a domain to a buyer where the buyer pays monthly until he has paid the full amount?

•••
No I just make stuff up and sell domains for high five figures with payments going out two years with some made up fictional service.

https://www.escrow.com/domain-name-holding

The fee for this service is escrow.com’s standard escrow fee
https://www.escrow.com/fee-calculator
plus a domain holding fee. The holding fee is dependent on the length of the holding period; $40/month if escrow.com manages the DNS and $25/month if the Buyer will manage their own DNS. All contracts will have a minimum holding fee of $150 plus the escrow fee.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I believe Epik’s fee for monthly payments is 5% which makes it same as UnDeveloped - forgettaboutit.

•••
Wow! That is way lower than name.clubs 30% in fees. Are we really talking about the same service here - a service where I as a seller can sell a domain to a buyer where the buyer pays monthly until he has paid the full amount?

Yes it can be up to 24 months, buyer can choose how many months. Someone seeing the name for sale can see that it can be bought in instalments and what the maximum number of months you allow will be.

•••
Yes Epik does up to 10 years I believe. Good luck to you.

•••
I know that name.club have the option for sellors to offer payment plans but only for 60 months which is too much imo. Is there any other marketplace that offers payment plans but with more flexible terms?
Undeveloped offers an installment payment plan. It ranges from as low as 2 installment payments to a max of 24.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back