IT.COM

question Where is the disconnect?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domaindogged

Top Member
Impact
Hi All

I appreciate the feedback of this thread. I posted recreation.bike and the consensus is not a handreg of investment quality. yes, I can see the average person dose not say I am off to buy a recreation bike for my health and leisure interests. However, return search results on recreation bike are voluminous. I am no SEO ranking guru where is the disconnect? Hoping to learn, thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi All

I appreciate the feedback of this thread. I posted recreation.bike and the consensus is not a handreg of investment quality. yes, I can see the average person dose not say I am off to buy a recreation bike for my health and leisure interests. However, return search results on recreation bike are voluminous. I am no SEO ranking guru where is the disconnect? Hoping to learn, thanks.
I gave it "thanks", as personally here I was not sure what is correct, "recreation bike" or "recreational bike"...second cboice (which is still available to reg at time of writing) has even slighly larger search volume in Google it seems. So this was first point I saw.

Second thing is that I do not know any renewal promo's for .bike, so one will need to pay around 22-25 renewal each year..I think if the name sells it will be for 1k-2,5k, so math does not work much here for me.

Third, string "recreationbike" is available in .net and .org in time of writing...not good indication

Plus couple of other reasons (one of them is that I think it can be hard sell to bike shops, which usually are local businesses with few employees, alhough there are some exceptions of course).

Saying that, I am not big bike's fan, so I might be completely wrong. But those are reasons behind my personal opininon. GL :)

•••
I gave it "thanks", as personally here I was not sure what is correct, "recreation bike" or "recreational bike"...second cboice (which is still available to reg at time of writing) has even slighly larger search volume in Google it seems. So this was first point I saw.

Second thing is that I do not know any renewal promo's for .bike, so one will need to pay around 22-25 renewal each year..I think if the name sells it will be for 1k-2,5k, so math does not work much here for me.

Third, string "recreationbike" is available in .net and .org in time of writing...not good indication

Plus couple of other reasons (one of them is that I think it can be hard sell to bike shops, which usually are local businesses with few employees, alhough there are some exceptions of course).

Saying that, I am not big bike's fan, so I might be completely wrong. But those are reasons behind my personal opininon. GL :)

Thorough and generous in response as always. Good points. thanks for assisting

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back