Dynadot

Where would you start with a budget of $1000 to promote your product or service

Spaceship
Watch
If you have a $1000 budget to promote a product or service (ex. an eBook) where would you start? Which services would you use? Adwords, newspaper ads, etc.? Where would be the money best spent? Your comments are appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on your niche.. You need to think about where the people who would want to buy your product/service hang out and then think about how to reach them.

•••
I think I will probably put my main effort on social media as they are a cheap way of bypassing Google rank issues and to compete with the big dogs who spend fortunes in paid traffic and andvertising

•••
If you have a $1000 budget to promote a product or service (ex. an eBook) where would you start? Which services would you use? Adwords, newspaper ads, etc.? Where would be the money best spent? Your comments are appreciated.

A couple quick questions...

1. When you mention "promote", do you mean 1) lead generation, 2) online media visibility, 3) branding efforts, or 4) working existing customer relationships to go deeper with a key account?

2. If the goal is direct-trackable sales, then it would help to know what type of product or service we are discussing?

If you could give 2-3 specific case studies, it would be fun to provide specific suggestions.

For example - if the goal is to provide direct-trackable sales for a $1,000 promotion of Poland Spring Water, then I would say buy $500 of Salty Pretzels, hand them out for free on a hot summer day at the beach and then stick a branded Poland Spring Umbrella in the ground at the beach and sell cold Poland Spring Water for $5.00 / bottle to those begging for water on a salty beach.

All joking aside... a $1,000 budget is best spent in a profile study when there is a clearly defined buyer profile to target with a well defined niche product. The results of the pilot program will provide insight to where to spend the "big wad" for a national roll-out campaign.

-Jim

•••
Depends on your niche.. You need to think about where the people who would want to buy your product/service hang out and then think about how to reach them.

Exactly.

Social media is only productive if that's where your audience is. Likewise any other channel. And if your product is something new and different (i.e. people don't know that it exists) that calls for a different approach than a type of product / service which is already familiar.

Advertising doesn't have to cost a fortune and can be the fastest way to get results ... if you understand your audience and target appropriately.

•••
Social media is only productive if that's where your audience is

That's quite an obviousness.
Researching your market is always the first thing to do

•••
I'd go social media all the way and pretty much forget everything else.

Build a semi-automated social media machine using software like HootSuite and IFTTT. Include all major platform because you can. Plan, craft and schedule your feeds carefully. You need a lot of material (links, videos, whatnot) related to your product in order to pull it off. And it has to be good.

RSS feeds to the rescue. Spend a little time to identify interesting sites, blogs, feeds, people etc. about your subject and RSS 'em. Use that material to craft (e.g. hootsuite) an interesting mix of links, videos, quotes etc. and comment and ask (!) about that material as much as possible. Add to that mix, again, as much as possible material generated by you (everything from thoughts and feelings to pics and posts about your product). Be heartwarming and honest. Promote your actual product moderately and try to make it look natural by mixing it into the surrounding content. Especially with Twitter, schedule double-posts of everything for the other side of the planet. Because why not. In general, post A LOT.

With this alone, done right, you can relatively quickly get hundreds, hell, thousands (of course depending on the product; but for an eBook for example) of real followers across social media who are actually interested in you and your product. You didn't identify them, they identified you. And they are ready to hear your proposal if you promise not to throw it in their face.

The best time to start this is of course before launching the product but the next best time is now. After setting the circus up it takes relatively little time and zero dollars to run it. It's effective and gets the ball rolling.

Of course all this hype doesn't work for everything but for products that can be sold and delivered over the Internet it's just super.

IMO.

•••
I will go with exact keyword and Adsense..!!

•••
I will go with exact keyword and Adsense..!!

I think you mean Adwords :)? (Adsense is the "publisher side" of the Adwords' "display network").

Why would you only bid on one keyword? If you run a display campaign and your theme is too tight you could miss out on some valuable placements, if it's a search campaign you could be completely missing the mark (unless you have prior research indicating you can convert that keyword with a positive ROI.)

Last edited:
•••
I think you mean Adwords :)? (Adsense is the "publisher side" of the Adwords' "display network").

Why would you only bid on one keyword? If you run a display campaign and your theme is too tight you could miss out on some valuable placements, if it's a search campaign you could be completely missing the mark (unless you have prior research indicating you can convert that keyword with a positive ROI.)

Oops I mean the same..

I will go with one keyword b'coz I want to catch users who are actually want to buy my service at that time. Say I am selling Bluetooth speakers then I will go with "buy bluetooth speakers" or "buy bluetooth speakers online" no doubt I may get low hits as compared to "bluetooth" or "bluetooth speakers" but In above case I will have maximum conversion ratio as compared with other keywords. imo

•••
First I would put a small amount of money on advertising in Google and social media to test which works better. Then, invest more on the successful source.

•••
I will go with one keyword b'coz I want to catch users who are actually want to buy my service at that time. Say I am selling Bluetooth speakers then I will go with "buy bluetooth speakers" or "buy bluetooth speakers online" no doubt I may get low hits as compared to "bluetooth" or "bluetooth speakers" but In above case I will have maximum conversion ratio as compared with other keywords. imo

Good choices :) - assuming you're advertising on the search network, you'll actually do BETTER with those keywords because they have clear purchase intent. Just "bluetooth" or "bluetooth speakers" - you don't know who typed those in or why. Did they want pictures? Do they want to know how they work? If they're researching for a future purchase, they're probably not ready to pull out the credit card yet.

That said, you never know what will convert with the best for you (and be the most cost-effective) until your ads are running, so usually wise to brainstorm and experiment.

•••
Good choices :) - assuming you're advertising on the search network, you'll actually do BETTER with those keywords because they have clear purchase intent. Just "bluetooth" or "bluetooth speakers" - you don't know who typed those in or why. Did they want pictures? Do they want to know how they work? If they're researching for a future purchase, they're probably not ready to pull out the credit card yet.

That said, you never know what will convert with the best for you (and be the most cost-effective) until your ads are running, so usually wise to brainstorm and experiment.

Absolutely.. but A/B testing is next step. Once the safe setup starts working the next step is testing it in different variations and finally going with best one.

•••
I think the best is google adwords and paid social media like Fb ads!!
These are the good starters!!

•••
Absolutely.. but A/B testing is next step. Once the safe setup starts working the next step is testing it in different variations and finally going with best one.

I like to go a little more aggressive in the beginning of a campaign and refine as the data comes in, especially if its a new account. Need to get the impressions to establish a strong CTR and pull up quality scores at the account level (especially if you're up against advertisers with a strong performance history.)

•••

I prefer to use Google Adwords, and make your ads to only appear on Google Search Result only.
Why? Because this service will provide you traffics which is more targeted than other services/methods. Your ad will appear only if google user type the search query on the search box that related to your niche. What the user typed in the search box, surely that is what they are looking for on the internet.

•••
I would spend 1/3 on PPC advertising with Google and/or Bing, 1/3 on advertising on Facebook and 1/3 buying advertising and link building gigs on Fiverr.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back