IT.COM

Why Would I Renew My Domain With This Company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why-Would-I-Renew-My-Domain-With-This-Company-pic.jpg

Seems like a company wants me to renew my domain with them, instead of the current registrar where it’s located.

The thing is, this company wants about 4X more money per year for the renewal!

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I receive at least 2 of these letters each month (in physical mail/envelope, not email), and have been for about 5 years now. Amazing how much money this company spends mailing these letters to people. With a crazy renewal price. But they're still doing it, so they must find it profitable. It's apparently also all automated, as they don't even bother to check and see if I still own the domain they're mailing for - often it is for domains I've sold or let drop years ago. I used to open and check them out, but now I don't open these anymore, just tear them up and into the recycle bin.

Last edited:
•••
I receive these letters all the time.
If they do it I guess it means it works from time to time.

•••
I receive at least 2 of these letters each month (in physical mail/envelope, not email), and have been for about 5 years now. Amazing how much money this company spends mailing these letters to people. With a crazy renewal price. But they're still doing it, so they must find it profitable. It's apparently also all automated, as they don't even bother to check and see if I still own the domain they're mailing for - often it is for domains I've sold or let drop years ago. I used to open and check them out, but now I don't open these anymore, just tear them up and into the recycle bin.

Same here, this is the 2nd one I've received. I just tear it up and put in the trash.

I receive these letters all the time.
If they do it I guess it means it works from time to time.

True, it's a numbers game. Probably send them out to 100 people, maybe 1-2 will chose to renew their domain through that company.

-Omar

•••
I often receive the same kind of solicitation by email from Domain Expiration SEO

The fun thing about their emails is that 99% of the time, I don't own the domain anymore. Their WHOIS informations are really outdated.

Here is an example:

upload_2017-8-29_9-46-48.png

Last edited:
•••
Yogi Berra #1 Quote: "Never get involved in a game of which you do not know the rules."

Corollary to Yogi Berra #1 Quote: "If you do become involved in such a game, do not accept your adversary's explanation of the rules."

•••
It's not even about price.
The first question should be: why would you do business with a spammer ?

•••
Yogi Berra #1 Quote: "Never get involved in a game of which you do not know the rules."

Corollary to Yogi Berra #1 Quote: "If you do become involved in such a game, do not accept your adversary's explanation of the rules."

Nice!

It's not even about price.
The first question should be: why would you do business with a spammer ?

I guess, but I was referring more to the huge difference in price of renewal compared to just renewing with my current registrar.

•••
The fun thing about their emails is that 99% of the time, I don't own the domain anymore. Their WHOIS informations are really outdated.

LOL. They need to do a better job at keeping up to date then...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back