IT.COM

Will this get me banned from AdSense?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a website where I give away free gaming templates for joomla, wordpress, and drupal.

At the bottom of each template I put a 468x60 adsense text ad banner, I just did this a couple of days ago so I'm not sure how well it will work with click throughs.

I submit my templates to larger free template sites and what made me decide to do it is that I've had over 20k plus downloads of my templates.

I originally had just a link back to my site, but now I have the link to my site and the adsense code.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with something like this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very bad idea.

First of all, it probably would be interpreted by them as falling into one of these two categories

"* Integrated into a software application of any kind, including toolbars."
"* Placed on any non-content-based page."

More importantly, what about the people using that template? If any one of THEM violates the program policies (and didn't know enough to switch out your adsense code for their own) Google's going to come back and ban your account

•••
It could also be an issue if any of your clients use the template on an adult/ gambling site. I think google does not approve them...

•••
Remove it. You may also get invalid clicks.

•••
if someone using the design was to create something against Adsense TOS, then you could get banned as a result.

•••
well it would be best to remove it now and let google adsense know about it before they place a banhammer on u :)
this way atleast you could be safe...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back