Dynadot

WLS Implementation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
WLS implementation. This is supposed to be implemented from oct this year. how is this going to affect domain reselling business? are we out of business.

plz clear.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This will affect existing domain name auctioneer such as enom (club drop), pool.com, namewinner.com and others.

I can't wait to see them this coming october.

Regards,
TW

•••
good?

wait. is it a good thing or a bad thing for small domain resellers like me and you?:-/

•••
Can someone provide me with posts regarding this, or links to outside sites that explain this situation further so I can evalute please:)

Thanks

•••
•••
ummm, i get a "coming soon" page???

•••
Originally posted by SY4
Can someone provide me with posts regarding this, or links to outside sites that explain this situation further so I can evalute please:)

Thanks

http://stopwls.com/

•••
yea

i dont' think its available yet, whatever they are offering?

thanks for the link pepper.

soon we might have people trying to develop scripts that will get wls first.

•••
Re: yea

Originally posted by Webtwink

soon we might have people trying to develop scripts that will get wls first.

:lol: true...

•••
Originally posted by SY4

Thanks

From NameFAQs
http://www.namefaqs.com/question/qstId/20.html

I don't believe it's going to affect our industry as much as people think it will. The big spenders are still going to get all the 'good' domains and everyone else on a limited budget will continue to find creative ways to make a profit in the industry.

Buying and selling of domains will continue as always.

You'll have even more of a reason to be tracking down and getting in touch with current owners of domain names (you should be doing this already!)

RJ

•••
thanks for link RJ. i wish i was a programmer, i could develop a script that would get me wls first:|

•••
Originally posted by Webtwink
thanks for link RJ. i wish i was a programmer, i could develop a script that would get me wls first:|

A script won't help much. You'll still have to use your brain to peg the names you think have a good chance of dropping. WLS won't be cheap for anyone. Verisign made sure they wrote a nice profit for themselves into the deal.

•••
still

i still kind of havent' got an answer for my question. how is wls going to affect us? i mean is it good for us or is it bad?

•••
Originally posted by SY4
ummm, i get a "coming soon" page???

Look at it!
The OP asked about WLS Implementation -- well, thats the answer!

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
From NameFAQs
http://www.namefaqs.com/question/qstId/20.html

I don't believe it's going to affect our industry as much as people think it will. The big spenders are still going to get all the 'good' domains and everyone else on a limited budget will continue to find creative ways to make a profit in the industry.

Buying and selling of domains will continue as always.

You'll have even more of a reason to be tracking down and getting in touch with current owners of domain names (you should be doing this already!)

RJ

I think that is right on the money -RJ-. I agree completely.

•••
thnks

thanks alot for clearing it up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back