NameSilo

Wondering why my 6n.com had no offers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

james haw

Top Member
Impact
I recently put my domain up for auction, 803890.com, and just wanting some feedback from other folks here as to why there was no interest.

The thread had 110 views, and 6n.com are selling here on NamePros. Mostly for around mid $xx and some very low $xxx.

Other 6n.com have sold which have the number "4" in, which I don't understand as these domains are currently only really lucrative for the Chinese market, and "4" is very bad, means "death" and other bad things. Given the overall low value of 6n.com, I'm puzzled as to why ones with 4 in are selling so well when this alone lowering the value should make them almost worthless (IMO, no offence).

Mine is all good numbers, with 2 "8"s and a zero at the end.
As per my thread:
  • (8) Prosper/wealth
  • (0) Money
  • (3) Rise/Born
  • (8) Prosper/wealth
  • (9) Harmony/Forever
  • (0) at the end this is good (can double the value).
I see mine as no worse than others which have sold, and better in some ways.

There were a fair few other 6n.com auctions at the same time as mine, and some bulk 6n.com auctions, which seemed to attract the most attention. So maybe my timing was wrong? Or perhaps because I'm a new(ish) member?

But 110 views and not one offer also makes me wonder if I'm missing something, so welcome some feedback :)

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @james haw , I understand your concern! You see, domaining is a very strategical business, and one of the prime strategy it works with is "patience"
I can assure you that the fact that you where not getting bids have nothing to do with the fact that you are newish.
My recommendation to you is that you take some time to appreciate and learn the domaining ways of doing things.
As you have notice that your domain didn't get bids previously, and have asked the right question, that is a sign that you will learn quickly.
Anyway, Patience is my best prescription for you my friend.
Have a nice time domaining...

•••
With the skyrocketing of the 5N domains' prices, the 6N domains are slowly heating up.

I'm No expert; but here are my 2 cents:

- Start your auction with $1, End: 72~120 BIN: TBA
- Make your daily replies simple (up, accepting bids,...), long replies are counterproductive.
- Market your auction; NP offer free top banner promotion, just pm the Admin with your listing.
- Once receiving few bids, when bidding slows; update BIN as needed ($35>30>25...) and always tag your bidders, that should also get the attention of the folks staying on the fence.

Remember; while there are some domain end users/investors; there are also a lot of Wholesalers/Re sellers looking for a bargain and who will relist their buys within minutes for any margin, revolving doors like.
Last; domaining is an ongoing and evolving learning experience; and sometimes learning lessons can cost in order to be a winner, good luck.

•••
With the skyrocketing of the 5N domains' prices, the 6N domains are slowly heating up.

I'm No expert; but here are my 2 cents:

- Start your auction with $1, End: 72~120 BIN: TBA
- Make your daily replies simple (up, accepting bids,...), long replies are counterproductive.
- Market your auction; NP offer free top banner promotion, just pm the Admin with your listing.
- Once receiving few bids, when bidding slows; update BIN as needed ($35>30>25...) and always tag your bidders, that should also get the attention of the folks staying on the fence.

Remember; while there are some domain end users/investors; there are also a lot of Wholesalers/Re sellers looking for a bargain and who will relist their buys within minutes for any margin, revolving doors like.
Last; domaining is an ongoing and evolving learning experience; and sometimes learning lessons can cost in order to be a winner, good luck.
I think tagging bidders is not allowed now, as moderators are treating it as spam tag

•••
I think that exact combination means you will soon go bankrupt in Chinese culture. Thats probably why.

That's not funny! So scary. ...I would rather buy a long-lettered words than subscribing to names I have no knowledge of. For example, fundingtechniques.com was bought today and I doubt if registrant would have to struggle to sell at $100 if listed for sale - a long name that attracts that attracts 195,000,000 searches isn't bad. IMO

•••
I think tagging bidders is not allowed now, as moderators are treating it as spam tag
I sure hope not, otherwise I forget about them. I like when sellers tag me in the updates.

•••
As for auctions I prefer the 72hr cap, other longer finishes get lost and forgotten imo
~
I actually wish it was a rule to "free the auction boards"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back