IT.COM

reviews WordPress theme developer obsessions on ThemeForest

Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
ThemeForest the house of horrors, where to date millions of illusions and ideas have died just for the obsession of its developers to turn WordPress into a kind of PHP script poorly written.

You do not believe me ?..well, here I present you the darkest obsessions obsessions of WordPress theme developer on ThemeForest

Obsession #1 - Fuc google maps

The 100% of all wordpress themes for real estate, classified, cars sales among other categories have google maps, the developers froze with the use of google map regardless of whether this service has been getting worse every time. In other words, There was a time when Google Map was free, but then the limitations started, so today when you buy a theme with google map, and you have a moderate success (or abusive requests), you should know that Google will start charging you at any time.

You can avoid using Google map, yes sure and in two ways.

OpenStreetMaps /OSM Data

but and if you want it easier, format the address for a link to Google map page. You can even use both options, like craiglist dot com.

Obsession #2 - Stop saying that you theme is SEO Friendly.

This problem affects the same categories mentioned above (real estate, classified, cars sales )..they never make that search result are displayed in the URL or title just for his inability or vagrancy, k'mon even osclass host regions, cities and search features to show later in URL and titles which makes it real SEO Friendly...but again, this problem is directly related to the use of google map, it looks like they will use it as a template for search results requests.

Obsession #3 developers with No idea about style?. no problem, include a page builder plugins.

Question : In the mission of creating websites for people who have no idea about css necessary a page builder?....

Resp : Hell no!!, a page builder is another way for developers to work even less, they make not one, if not up to 10 or more different styles of the same portal, but why a person can not decide what style is going to have his site?...

What do you think, that because as you do not know about code you need options?..well, these are your options, you're going to end up with the same problem that you want to avoid (technical problems) get ready to discover the nested HTML, non-semantic code, sluggish loading and of course bad seo.

So why developer use a page builder ?... is just marketing and inflated price.

A wordpress for sale at $50 that need a page builder is an scam, simple like that.

Obsession #4 Plugins for everything

What is easier?.. make a plugin or a function ?.. I tell you, both have the same level of complexity...So why do they do it?..it's a problem of order, is not the same put work with all code in a single document (functions.php ) that work with separate documents for each plugin, and you say - but hey some code snippets can be too large and need additional scripts and styles and I answer, plugins have its own additional scripts and styles or not ?

Whatever it is, there are thems that need to install 15 plugins or more among those who are always present contact form 7, really!!.. can you not create a simple functions for a contact form.. k'mon do!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally agree with most of the points mentioned above.

Infact the obsession to use WordPress for everything is also one of them.

WordPress was and is a blogging script. Yes one can do some fancy stuff with it but that is limited to small to medium load websites.

I find many guys who still want to stick with WordPress after their website is 500,000+ pages and it isn't a blogging or new website. The main problem is the database design when you get into high end websites catering something totally different than news or articles.

•••
Totally agree with most of the points mentioned above.

Infact the obsession to use WordPress for everything is also one of them.

WordPress was and is a blogging script. Yes one can do some fancy stuff with it but that is limited to small to medium load websites.

I find many guys who still want to stick with WordPress after their website is 500,000+ pages and it isn't a blogging or new website. The main problem is the database design when you get into high end websites catering something totally different than news or articles.

I disagree.

Just because it "was" a blogging script, does not mean it is primarily for that any longer. It has evolved hugely over the years.

And your telling me this bluechips are wrong? - https://www.isitwp.com/popular-big-name-brands-using-wordpress/

•••
True...we are stuck with wp...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back