IT.COM

discuss Would LLLL.com price hit $1000 index as the floor price within April 2016????

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Samujjal

Established Member
Impact
What do you think the future of LLLL.com domains lies?

Would it skyrocket like the LLL.com did??

Would it gain a floor price of $1000 apiece??... within the first six months of 2016

..whatever be the combination of letters.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not by april ,but I can see it by the end of the year,if that happens ,there will be HUGE money made in the .net and .org LLLL chips ,so 1000 will probably mean llll.net chips 600-800 and .org chips around 300
And if my theory is right about ratio llll.com to llll.com chips the LLLL.com chips will be worth around $8000
Read This
I have been following the chinese llll.com chip market in relation to llll.com regular ,both examples are for floor prices. So basically this is for no special quality chips or 4 l.com.

What I noticed is that the market has followed to the T an 8 to one ratio. One would have figured that with the
exponential rise in the price of the so called ""chip'' that the gap would be filled and the ratio would come in,
this really has not been the case.

This shows that the demand for the chips are constant and should continue,it is also weird that the number ratio is 8 the chinese lucky number.

At this time the average on llll.com seems to be 300 and the chips are 2400 at the height just a few weeks ago they were 375 as the chips reached 3000. When I was buying llll.com on the way up at 75 the chips were right about 600 more or less.

For the future will the tail be wagging the dog ,some people are really bullish on chips and im hearing 50k by 2020
so if proves to be true we can see llll.com priced at $6250.

If this scenario does follow the same path ,maybe the better option is keeping chips and selling off llll.com because the cost of carry would be a lot cheaper $9 chip a year compared to $72 for 8 llll.coms.
Maybe thats one of the reasons why the ratio has not come in more.

As far as western domain I see no steady relationship to the others ,its its own animal.
In fact I think its more rare than the chip. Out of 90 llll.com I collected over the years 5 ended up being chips
and zero westies. Looking at the llll.net it seems like its at the point right now that its following the same ratio path as the .com .

Last edited:
•••
I do not want to ruin the enthusiasm, but guys, 4Ls are in the hands of domainers already.
I have a DB of the 4Ls and working to have accurate info: There is a total of 456,976 LLLL.COM out there. More (way more) than 110,647 LLLL.COM domains are registered to users who own more than *100* of this specific type of domain. (And my data are not correct, the number might be higher as GoDaddy has blocked whois, and the process is slow.). These guys alone have 25% (minimum) of the zone.

That means that once these guys who have each more than 100 4L.com domains decide to start making some profit, the market will "feel" it. And it is not just them. About 50000 domains are owned by those with more than 6 (4L) domains. This is another 12-13%. I am not analysing those with less than 6 LLLL.COM, as they might not impact the market, but as you might imagine, close to 70% of the domains is in the hand of domainers, hoping for a price rise to sell and make some profit. Eventually new "domainers" will buy and invest in the pyramid. How far before they understand that there are few, very few end-users?
With that said, I do not believe the price of random LLLL.COm will surpass 400$ this year or the beginning of next year.

Any you may want to check who is buying llll.com. It is the same guys again...

I agree with that mate..but you have to take it into consideration that..people are flocking to the domaining market in a f* huge number.

The recent invasion in domaining proves that people are now moving from Stocks/Forex and other high markets to Domains and Domaining..people are learning & the number is increasing.

So..if there ain't any end users..that's won't be a problem in the wrong run..cause uptill than there would be numbers of traders/domainers..who would be trading/domaining on the intrinsic value of the domains itself..

Yeah its a long tide in the highway...but you can never say that...it won't be a domain boom soon...

....like a major -ve U turn in the 2008 collapse..this might be the next big +ve Upscale movement in the world of Trading.

Darkness is usually followed by the bright light..and vice versa..

there will be always ups & downs..

As like the great traders...its no use timing the market...

But....

if you go long term when the prices are low...you are on the right path...Holding is the main mantra.

People will hold..and some will sell..this holdings & sellings would determine the future value..it will affect the overall value..if everybody holds up...Demand will increase cause of less supply..and such is the opposite too..

It all depends..how the people in the game rolls up their moolah..tha's all ;)

..sAm

•••
You are thinking it backwards. I am one of those holding over 100 (around 160, actually) and the more the asset class appreciates the less I would sell of it. And, yes, supply is drying out. I checked GD auctions on days and only 40 names at expiring auctions for 10 day span, it used to be over 500 couple of years ago and in hundreds just months ago. And they were providing the alternative for those wanting cheaper LLLL.com without caring which one it is.
That's what I was thinking too Low Supply = High Demand = Money rolling up!! ;)

Demand & supply is all that matters in the game..if there is shortage of the domains cause of the holdings..the prices will shoot up sky high :)

•••
Give the right price, I have a guy who has hundreds of llll chips who will sell. Unless he gets right price, he holds.
Holding is good in the long run...

•••
Short Domains are the only thing I broker... No money in anything else...

•••
There was a large portfolio of 2000 LLLL.com that sold for over $1000 for each domain(not sure if they were all chips). 4L.com are being bought and held in larger and larger portfolios. The owners of those portfolios will dictate the pricing because they hold so many.

Eventually more and more 4L.com will be turned into websites or new companies come along that can use the 4L.com. This takes them off the market. This also increases demand and price due to scarcity.

456,976 LLLL.com sounds like a lot but when you compare it to the numeric market, it becomes pretty small.
100,000 5N.com's
1,000,000 6N.com's

Companies and investment firms are buying 4L.com up and holding onto them, not just domainers anymore.

The way things have been going...I see them getting to $1000 very soon. I don't care about the CHIPs. It doesn't make much sense to me when I've looked at some of the meanings. It's like someone who doesn't understand english trying to say something. Maybe if I was chinese I would understand it better. For me, I like the pronounceable 4L.com market way more than the CHIP stuff.

Pronounceable 4L.com has way more branding power and therefore more end user appeal.

I only have 19 4L.com's and they won't be pried from my account for $1000 or $5000! I'm a long term holder/investor. Don't lower the bar and sell yours for cheap either!
I totally agree with you and your style of investment mate...

Hold it..don't sell low..the premiums..Wish you a good luck!
;)

•••
Hey I didn't know it was not ALLOWED. Now I know so it won't happen again. Didn't think it would be a big deal. obviously it was. any that's fine. won't happen again. I have to admit I really need to take time to read the rules of NP's but with all due respect who has time to? no disrespect to you NP. I'm have other worries like selling my domains. and yea it was an attempt to make a quick buck. don't tell me you wouldn't have tried it if you could. You have the advantage of having years ahead of me on here NP. I'm new here so I think I get some "Slack" although I am tettering on the edge with my activity. It is not INTENTIONAL. just haven't read the rules of NP.

by the way? why are you OBSESSED with me that you feel the need to check out my other posts and what happens to my posts in other threads? Dude! I don't even need to BERATE you at this point. All of NP sees what you are doing. It speaks volumes of what you are about. are done here? I'm trying to focus on another thread but this thread keeps popping up in my alerts. only because of you. alright well Samujjal I think you've gotten the info you need from this thread. I'm outta here good luck bro!
Forget it..forget the fight...

Let there be Peace & Love... :)

•••
Short Domains are the only thing I broker... No money in anything else...
That means u deal with the liquid stuffs...good strategy..liquidity is good

•••
I have 215 CHIPS but not at $2k. People are paying much more than that.

•••
Not by april ,but I can see it by the end of the year,if that happens ,there will be HUGE money made in the .net and .org LLLL chips ,so 1000 will probably mean llll.net chips 600-800 and .org chips around 300
And if my theory is right about ratio llll.com to llll.com chips the LLLL.com chips will be worth around $8000
Read This
I have been following the chinese llll.com chip market in relation to llll.com regular ,both examples are for floor prices. So basically this is for no special quality chips or 4 l.com.

What I noticed is that the market has followed to the T an 8 to one ratio. One would have figured that with the
exponential rise in the price of the so called ""chip'' that the gap would be filled and the ratio would come in,
this really has not been the case.

This shows that the demand for the chips are constant and should continue,it is also weird that the number ratio is 8 the chinese lucky number.

At this time the average on llll.com seems to be 300 and the chips are 2400 at the height just a few weeks ago they were 375 as the chips reached 3000. When I was buying llll.com on the way up at 75 the chips were right about 600 more or less.

For the future will the tail be wagging the dog ,some people are really bullish on chips and im hearing 50k by 2020
so if proves to be true we can see llll.com priced at $6250.

If this scenario does follow the same path ,maybe the better option is keeping chips and selling off llll.com because the cost of carry would be a lot cheaper $9 chip a year compared to $72 for 8 llll.coms.
Maybe thats one of the reasons why the ratio has not come in more.

As far as western domain I see no steady relationship to the others ,its its own animal.
In fact I think its more rare than the chip. Out of 90 llll.com I collected over the years 5 ended up being chips
and zero westies. Looking at the llll.net it seems like its at the point right now that its following the same ratio path as the .com .
I agree with you Ben..if we could balance out in holding the westies & the chips together for a long run..uptill 5yrs or maybe a decade...there would be a whole lotta money.,sprawling from the bean bags of the age old investment strategy to hold up late..

I will try to hold mine too..lets hope for a good time ahead :)

•••
Ya i agree..people are going..shit crazy with the chips in every f* extensions available...

better to hold the .coms..& maybe the .net & .org chips for now a bit

After the 888 88 & 8 bullets..the invasion has started on the letters too..Clash of the Domains..haha ;)

•••
•••
Doritos dont count LOL ,where are your chips listed I may want to upgrade a couple of my chips.
Hey ben..pm me up..or look in ya inbox..i was thinking of something..maybe you could help me a bit

•••
That means u deal with the liquid stuffs...good strategy..liquidity is good
See this is why I never even bother asking a broker. it always gets one discouraged because they don't want your domains. essentially you can't blame a broker. They as with all humans want easy money. Why bust your hump on a domain overr 5 letters or numbers when 4 letters and numbers sell easily?

which begs the question???? if it "sells itself"? why does one even need a broker? lol

•••

Ok, I'll play....where are they paying much more? I don't see it.

I have over 50 I'd like to sell......

•••
which begs the question???? if it "sells itself"? why does one even need a broker? lol[/QUOTE]

Beacuse some people are better at playing connect the dots then others

•••
No Sales less than $300 as per LLLLsales.com nowadays !
Most of them are $330 to $350
Some random non chips getting $500 +

•••
$1,000 by the end of the year is realistic but I think they will go for $700~$800

•••

Ok, I'll play....where are they paying much more? I don't see it.

I have over 50 I'd like to sell......
I think he meant he had over 210 .club chips, not .com, big difference

MR.Packer you are right the lower end .com chips are trending around $21XX

I don' know where the vowel 4L.com go, there are a ton in domainer hands, end user sell thru is not very high on them. The 4L Chip .com's are probably out of reach for the majority of end users who were paying between $1-2.5K for them for the most part, they do not understand China, or the wholesale market demand for them,nor do they care, and find other options.

The vowels may be difficult, as none of the Chinese spammers want to pay more than $300ish right now, western domainers don't really care to hear the offers, and they see value in vowels, and are not going to get talked down on that, so it is difficult for them to build inventory to where they find value in an investment. They seem to like purchasing large blocks of unregistered things in short numerics, and letters, and pushing those.

Last edited:
•••
Shorter is better within the same tld.

I.e. 3L.com is better than 4L.com
4L.com is better than many 2L.cctlds
I hand registered few 2L.rs domains for around 17$ each just few weeks ago
And, no, a reputable Western Company will never start its business on .cc, .top, .xyz (forget the Google stunt) etc., but they will and do go for 4L, either pronounceable (Voya, Arlo, Anki, Rdio etc.) or acronym. Check, for example, realty companies:

NRRG.com, TNRG.com, PMRG.com, GSRG.com, etc.

So, there is no real alternative to 4L category. Not too rare as 3L, not too abundant and hard to remember as 5L and its price will rise 30%-100% a year for next few years.

Cmon Of course we all know that 4L.com's are better than 2l.cctlds. but for those with shallow pockets they will do risk vs. reward because who these days can risk money on a high priced 4L.com in the hopes they can make what? 100% profit? (double?) in what? 2-3 years? maybe at best 500% profit? the people in invest like this are few and far between. But the affordable risk will be in those CCtld's. I know they are ugly domains and yes no self respecting business would operate on them but I figure no all busineses have deep pockets either like Microsoft or some Chinese corp. so there's money in these because 4L.coms will be so far of the reach of the any regular person who simply wants to go online.

I say Risk Vs. Reward plus a sucker is born every minute including myself! lol

•••
I would assume the double letter (such as mine, FLFU .COM) would be worth slightly more than floor even though the vowel ending is awful?

$1,000 by the end of the year is realistic but I think they will go for $700~$800

I REALLY hope you're right!

•••
I think the current floor rate for NonChip LLLL.com are turning to the $350 benchmark..

•••
bker.com $412.00

doxc.com $455.00

zebd.com $406.00

ashv.com $900.00

tsaz.com $550.00

pfce.com $600.00

ajah.com $1,010.00

Non CHIPS sold on 25 FEB 2016

•••
bker.com $412.00

doxc.com $455.00

zebd.com $406.00

ashv.com $900.00

tsaz.com $550.00

pfce.com $600.00

ajah.com $1,010.00

Non CHIPS sold on 25 FEB 2016
That means they hit $450-500

•••
CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS

Most of the time when I hear the meaning of these CHIPS they barely make any sense to me as an english speaker. The chinese market is too strange for me and there is way more value to ME in a pronounceable LLLL.com vs any CHIP LLLL.com.

I don't speak chinese and would have a hard time trying to sell or market a LLLL.com to them. I know I don't need to speak the language, but it sure would help.

There are still many uses for Non chip LLLL.coms
It's the hot market right now so it will have higher sales both in volume and price.
Don't overlook a LLLL.com though just because it is not a chip.

The average price of those non-chip LLLL.coms listed by shinoj g.s is $619.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back