IT.COM

question .xyz worth? Any suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kguy

Impact
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Swetha just closed her account. Because she felt that there were many rumors about her in the forum. Unfortunately.

•••
Most .xyz with keywords registered above 150 extensions are owned by Swetha/DN Hear and are registered about 5 years ago or before.
She missed 2 short English dictionary words.:xf.wink:

•••
I own a premium xyz. It has an appraisal of 15/20k from saw dot com because it’s a platinum keyword. You only need to find the right buyer.

•••
No, they're expensive because she's actively advertising her portfolio to people who thought a picture of a cartoon monkey for $100,000 would be a good investment.

Go to namebio and look at the sales. The registration date doesn't matter, the number of extensions doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the seller.

jetpack.xyz, registered in 2014, registered in 194 extensions, sold for $227.

expanse.xyz, registered in 2015, registered in 122 extensions, sold for $598.

etc.

Swetha's sales are easily explained by arbitrary coherence. That's why she advertises her sales and why she keeps the prices high. To trick people into thinking that these prices are normal. And because of the kind of crowd she's dealing with, they're not smart enough to see through it.

But look at .xyz sales compared to .com sales. In 2023 .xyz domains average 2.0 sales per day, .com averaged at 325.4 sales per day. They don't even push a single percentage. On top of that, the vast majority of good .xyz domains aren't impressive. It's just that people hyper-fixate on Swetha's sales as if it was some kind of industry standard when it's not.

Gen XYZ isn't even price-regulated by ICANN like Verisign is. No one knows what a regular .xyz will cost to renew in 10 years.

Jetpack : 194 extensions
Expanse : 122 extensions

They are worth buy, and seems the buyer is domain seller. Will be sold high to end user. That's how you get good .xyz now, at drop catch or auction at least xxx $.

•••
I also have doubts about Tony Blogspotter and his sales. He sometimes mentioned Negari and Sweatha in his Twitter posts and posted pictures with Indian domainers in India. It seems he is from India as well. He wrote that Negari would meet them or something.

Last edited:
•••
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?
Generally, no. There's one seller who pushes their portfolio on crypto-enthusiasts who has a few impressive sales. But other than that there's not much going on. We're talking about 1 sale per day, compare that to the .com which has 300 sales per day.

1710913092282.png

I own a premium xyz. It has an appraisal of 15/20k from saw dot com because it’s a platinum keyword. You only need to find the right buyer.
This is a terrible line of reasoning. ufbabfabf.me could sell for a million dollars to the "right buyer," it's just that the "right buyer" will never exist.

Last edited:
•••
They sold above 100,000$, same as your lists. Ebid sold by The Domain King. Mall.com if I am not wrong was sold brokeraged by Michael Berken. (Former domain Sherpa). So you proof nothing
I gave you a list from 1 seller, who sold a crapload of domains for huge money that went nowhere. Thats the difference. People actually buy and use .com's unlike crappy .xyz's.... Show me one seller of .com's that made millions of dollars and hundreds of sales and 90% of there domains are not in use... Ill wait...

Last edited:
•••
It proofs nothing :

Diamond.com : sale landing page
EBid.com : ads and may be for sale
Mall.com : error 404
Whiskey.com : logo not use

All have the sale above 100,000$. Some above millions. How about in xxxx$ to xxxxx$ range?
Whiskey.com - atleast has a lander for the company.
EBid.com - is actively for sale, not sold and parked to nothing for years.
Mall.com - did anyone claim to sell this name and the new buyers did nothing with it? no? exactly...
Diamond.com - is for sale... yeah... the names i sent were "sold" and nobody did a thing with them...

You obviously don't understand what I was saying. The names you posted are not the same at all.

•••
Why do you post this knowing those won't even be good.

Like would agonize.com even sell
Would 99% of .xyz domain ever sell? Probably not, we all know swetha was making up fake sales. I'm just saying that there is short names out there from my 5 min search, if i gave a single crap about the terrible .xyz extension, I would actually spend time looking for good ones.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back