Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

today I registered the following 3 character .tube domain:

Y0U.TUBE | y0u.tube | http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=y0u.tube

This domain name contains of the letter y, the digit 0 and the letter u (so it's not an IDN) while it ends with the new .tube extension.
Currently it's parked via SEDO, at this time I don't know for how much I will sell it (depends on the offer/s) if I will sell it.

I created this thread to ask you these qustions:
  • What are your thoughts about this stylish 3 character LNL CHIP .tube domain?
  • For what could stand the letter / digit mix 'y0u'?
Your opinion/s about it is / are welcome!

Thanx,
all the best with your invest,
kingof.top

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
y0u.tube ('WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE')
reg.since 2016

y0utube.com
('WY' 'ZERO' 'UTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM')
reg. since 2006

youtube.com ('YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM').
reg.since 2005

All three domains are different, I don't understand the excitement.
INTENT is the issue here. You Tube is a successful internet company and their name is trademarked.
You have intended, on purpose to copy their name with your newly created name and share in their notoriety.

I see the domain name is for sale on sedo. My suggestion to you is that you remove that before you get a cease and desist letter from You Tube and get into real trouble.

Many of us here on Namepros have told you it is a blatant trademark infringement. Are you looking for trouble for a few bucks?

Now can we just close this thread?

•••
I registered just for this thread. Usually I just browse for answers, but not this one.

Not that I advocate this reg, quite the contrary. But Is it likely that Google will even bother with it? The domain y0utube dot com is not only registered to someone other than Google, but it also has malware scripted into it's landing page. (That's why I didn't type it out as a link - visit at your own risk)
My domain/s are safe.

•••
Well I tried to say it out loud but before I tried I see Y0U.TUBE as YouTube so qhat can I do? :p
After you realize that my domain is y0u.tube ('WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE') and not youtube.com ('YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM') you can read it as what it is: y0u.tube ('WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE').

•••
Y0U need help. Y0U are like really out there....

•••
INTENT is the issue here. You Tube is a successful internet company and their name is trademarked.
You have intended, on purpose to copy their name with your newly created name and share in their notoriety.

I see the domain name is for sale on sedo. My suggestion to you is that you remove that before you get a cease and desist letter from You Tube and get into real trouble.

Many of us here on Namepros have told you it is a blatant trademark infringement. Are you looking for trouble for a few bucks?

Now can we just close this thread?
My intent was to get my own .tube domain and I like the 3 character combination y0u ('WY' 'ZERO' 'U') so I registered the awesome .tube CHIP y0u.tube ('WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE') and this has nothing to do with the domain / TM youtube.com ('YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM').

I really like my 3 character LNL .tube CHIP .tube domain.
The reason why I offer it for sale is that there are maybe others who like it more than me.
They can buy it if they can destroy my wish to own it with an appropriately offer.

There is no reason to close this thread simply because you have another view.

Last edited:
•••
Y0U need help. Y0U are like really out there....
y0u is y0u
you
is you

tube is tube
youtube
is youtube

.tube is .tube
.com
is .com

y0u.tube is y0u.tube
youtube.com
is youtube.com

'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE'
is 'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE'
'YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM'
is 'YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM'

o
is o
is 0

L is L
N
is N

apples are apples
and
oranges are oranges

All the best!

See you @ http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=y0u.tube ;)

Last edited:
•••
y0u is y0u
you
is you

tube is tube
youtube
is youtube

.tube is .tube
.com
is .com

y0u.tube is y0u.tube
youtube.com
is youtube.com

'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE'
is 'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE'
'YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM'
is 'YOUTUBE' 'DOT' 'COM'

o
is o
is 0

L is L
N
is N

apples are apples
and
oranges are oranges

All the best!

See you @ www.y0u.tube ;)
You don't understand TM's, nor do you understand Sedo's ToS. I hope you don't get banned there...
https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...ink-to-my-parked-domain-from-a-website-i-own?
Next, you'll be arguing that you don't own NamePros, so it's ok to link to parked pages. Why bother? :guilty:

Good luck. You'll need it.

•••
reg.since 2016

y0utube.com
reg. since 2006

reg.since 2005

If youtube has not bought y0tube.com for 10 years, what makes you think they will buy your domain?

Your money would have been better feeding starving children

•••
I wouldn't have bought y0u.tube because of what I feel is a potential TM issue. And like what one person said, there are better .tube domain available. But OP seems to think there is little or no chance of him getting in any sort of trouble for the domain. He might be right - who knows. I hope for his sake that he is right. Considering the better alternatives - why take that risk though? And that toptoptoptop....toptop.top reg. Wow - speechless

Last edited:
•••
So you registered it just to make a point.
The point is that you think we can register TMs in 1337 script for no reason and be okay? Lol how enlightening. That is very helpful because these kinds of domains are so valuable on their own, but I didn't want to get in trouble with any companies. I'm glad you spilled the beans on this!! Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
just make sure your renewal is set to off come renewal time :)

•••
You don't understand TM's, nor do you understand Sedo's ToS. I hope you don't get banned there...
https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/795/~/may-i-link-to-my-parked-domain-from-a-website-i-own?
Next, you'll be arguing that you don't own NamePros, so it's ok to link to parked pages. Why bother? :guilty:

Good luck. You'll need it.

@David Walker Of course I do understand TM's - otherwise I would not have registered this stylish 3 character 'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE' LNL .tube CHIP domain.

But, you are right with the SEDO parking rules - I forgot that, thx for your hint.
I changed all the links in this thread - they are now links direct to the SDEO's offer page (which is allowed / welcome by SEDO) of my y0u.tube domain:

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=y0u.tube

Good luck too. Everybody needs it.

•••
@kingof.top

I'm genuinely curious though, why y0u.tube and not tubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetube.tube (available), tube represented fifteen times for the maximum repeated allowed? :guilty:

•••
If youtube has not bought y0tube.com for 10 years, what makes you think they will buy your domain?

Your money would have been better feeding starving children

What does my y0u.tube domain have to do with YouTube?

Look, I have made the follwing post about different domains / registry dates as a hint to understand that YouTube isn't in need of other domains than their own:

reg.since 2016

y0utube.com
reg. since 2006

reg.since 2005

When I said that I think that YouTube will by my domain?

Your time would have been better taking care to orphans.

•••
•••
This is blatant Trade Mark infringement, he knows it and he's trying to cover it up with the LNL bs.

I'm a believer of freedom of speech, but he's not helping the community.

He is giving all domainers a bad name and this is cybersquatting.

We don't need people advocating this behaviour on the forum. A warning should be given and this thread deleted / closed.

Just my opinion only.

•••
•••
•••
@kingof.top

I'm genuinely curious though, why y0u.tube and not tubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetubetube.tube (available), tube represented fifteen times for the maximum repeated allowed? :guilty:

As I said, since .tube exists, I discovered my love to 3 character LNL CHIPS combined with the new TLD .tube - the long .tube domain you mentioned is also in my focus and I will register it at another time if it will still be available because I already own the 63.DOMAIN toptoptop... .top and no other 63.DOMAIN can top it.

Last edited:
•••
This is blatant Trade Mark infringement, he knows it and he's trying to cover it up with the LNL bs.

I'm a believer of freedom of speech, but he's not helping the community.

He is giving all domainers a bad name and this is cybersquatting.

We don't need people advocating this behaviour on the forum. A warning should be given and this thread deleted / closed.

Just my opinion only.

I respect your opinion but in my eyes it's complete nonsense in this case, that's why I disliked it.

@ nP moderators

No need to close a thread as long as I have arguments, don't be afraid of them.

We are @ nP and I am a name pro - means, I know what I do ;)
And exactly threads like this one are good examples for all newwwbies..

That's why I strongly recommend to move it from the 'appraisal section' (I have not started it here) to the 'general domain discussion' (where I have started it) section - then it will become seen by more people and more can follow our postings.

Last edited:
•••
None so blind as those that cannot/ will not see!

•••
Hey nP members,
Hi polite poster with your seemingly welcoming friendly thread...

today I registered the following stylish 3 character .tube domain:
Well, it's not stylish as it is on a poor TLD with no sales, is copying a major brand (would you register M1cr0s0ft.com?) and has a 0 (zero) replacing an o.
It's a terrible name for many reasons.

Your opinion/s about it is / are welcome!
No, they are not! You say that, then dislike everyone's post that simply does not agree with you. That is neither wanting or looking for advice, nor is it friendly, it's literally:
"Hey, welcome people who agree with me and praise my name, otherwise shove off".

People have taken their time to try to give you some friendly advice, and even if you disagreed, that's fine, but their being civil and friendly means you don't dislike their posts. You obviously do so because they don't stupidly with major misguidance say "oh wow what an amazing buy my friend"

What does my y0u.tube domain have to do with YouTube?
You cannot be serious?

You know, some time ago I initially had you pinned as a joker, bit of a laugh etc, who took a risk on a short and sweet TLD that might take off but didn't take it seriously.
However after reading some of your recent posts and how you disagree with and disllike posts where people just don't agree (whether they are polite and friendly or not), I wonder what you are really up to. Especially given the SPAM you push about the forums with your .top stuff!

Maybe you should take a break from the forums and domaining?

•••
wow can't believe I missed this thread.

While everyone decided his domain was a violation.

The legal training in me would argue differently (NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND DONT QUOTE ME LOL. It might not even be right).

On speculation, he only has control over the characters before .tube. It's not his fault the extension is ".tube" It's arguably not YouTube. The intent isn't there.

The only thing he /did/ intentionally choose was "y0u."

(Now i'm sure after reading this someone's going to risk it and register the "you".tube domain.)

I don't really see a court holding him in violation when he chose a very generic word: "you". It would be duly unfair for youtube to block "you" from a TLD extension.

Let me put it another way. Let's say irl there's a company called "me.com".

You decide to register me.com because you wanted a website about yourself. You only have power over "me" and not ".com". Do you see how it would be super unfair that anyone who wanted to register the super generic name "me" has to use ".net" and ".org" etc. just because of "me.com"?

The same applies for You.Tube. It's actually youtube's fault for having such a generic name.

I'm not saying I'm right, I could be seriously wrong.

But it's just like apple.tv. I bet a lot of you were scared ot register that because of Apple... but let's face it, apple is an uber common noun.

What if your registered apple.tv and had a site about apples? There's no way Apple (TM) could screw you in court.

In fact i'm surprised Apple hasn't experienced genericide yet. Like Xerox and how everyone says "can you Xerox" this. Once a company's trademark becomes generic, it becomes less able to defend itself. That's when you can start registering domains like Xerox.com

tl;dr: YouTube can't block people from registering "you" in a new domain extension.

•••
wow can't believe I missed this thread.

While everyone decided his domain was a violation.

The legal training in me would argue differently (NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND DONT QUOTE ME LOL. It might not even be right).

On speculation, he only has control over the characters before .tube. It's not his fault the extension is ".tube" It's arguably not YouTube. The intent isn't there.

The only thing he /did/ intentionally choose was "y0u."

(Now i'm sure after reading this someone's going to risk it and register the "you".tube domain.)

I don't really see a court holding him in violation when he chose a very generic word: "you". It would be duly unfair for youtube to block "you" from a TLD extension.

Let me put it another way. Let's say irl there's a company called "me.com".

You decide to register me.com because you wanted a website about yourself. You only have power over "me" and not ".com". Do you see how it would be super unfair that anyone who wanted to register the super generic name "me" has to use ".net" and ".org" etc. just because of "me.com"?

The same applies for You.Tube. It's actually youtube's fault for having such a generic name.

I'm not saying I'm right, I could be seriously wrong.

But it's just like apple.tv. I bet a lot of you were scared ot register that because of Apple... but let's face it, apple is an uber common noun.

What if your registered apple.tv and had a site about apples? There's no way Apple (TM) could screw you in court.

In fact i'm surprised Apple hasn't experienced genericide yet. Like Xerox and how everyone says "can you Xerox" this. Once a company's trademark becomes generic, it becomes less able to defend itself. That's when you can start registering domains like Xerox.com

tl;dr: YouTube can't block people from registering "you" in a new domain extension.

The judges who sit on UDRP panels can quite easily make the decision that this domain has been registered in bad faith. I would be very surprised if any panel found in the defendant's favour.

You can argue your defence, but in all honesty the panel will shoot in you down in seconds in my opinion. The defendant can chose over 1000 extensions, yet he chose .tube and he went with "y0u" of all characters.

The panellists will see straight through your argument and this will be and open and shut case in a matter of minutes.

Don't forget he/you would be going up against Google who probably have dedicated teams of domain lawyers whose sole job is to prevent cybersquatting cases like this.

Just my opinion of course.

•••
Kind of sad to see this kind of reaction from the community. Who cares what the legal status of the domain is? It's his to deal with and he likes it. OP, if you like it, forget the haters. They're not your target market anyway.

Nobody's going bankrupt over this domain. 200% bullshit. You can simply surrender it if they press you or do whatever is appropriate by law and you'll be fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back