Dynadot

advice You Can Even Lose Money With Free Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Today, it’s easier than ever before to buy domains on the cheap… the only problem is that the “quantity over quality” strategy doesn’t exactly work very well… at least not usually.
Well, I did a little bit of research, didn’t just randomly reg 100 names. I chose 100 LLLs based on letter popularity in Germany, I then pointed them to “domain for sale” landing pages and all in all, I’d say I invested two hours of my time.
As mentioned in the conclusions, I did have one 100 EUR offer but even if that offer would have turned into a 100 EUR sale, I would have still lost money because I value my time at more than 50 EUR/hour...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there is also legal risk with free domains.

•••
I am not an exact domainer I think. I have to say that I enjoy seeing the showcases from domainers in this forum very much though it "wastes" me lots of time.

•••
yah that,s right there is always risk with free domains because they can expire any time but the domains for which the company paid is used for creating their websites & their expiring date is fixed .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back