Dynadot

domains YY (.com) Inc Announces Name Change to JOYY (.?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
JOYY Inc. (Nasdaq: YY), a global social media platform, announced that it has changed its name from “YY Inc.” to “JOYY Inc.,” effective December 20, 2019.

Keeping the preferred YY.com ... or oh yeah JOYY.com ?

read more (yahoo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
However nice YY.com may be to the domainers, Joyy.com makes more sense for retail consumers. It definitely communicates a more positive feeling than YY.com and they can make a few bucks on reselling the name.

Edit: they dont seem to own Joyy.com! Big fail here.

Last edited:
•••
To do it well at all, they should sell yy.com and go for joy.com

•••
I noticed there have been a lot of companies rebranding during these past few months...

•••
However nice YY.com may be to the domainers, Joyy.com makes more sense for retail consumers. It definitely communicates a more positive feeling than YY.com and they can make a few bucks on reselling the name.

Added JOYY com for the monitoring ... If they move ...:watching:

•••

Wow! Y, Y move to Joyy, if you don't own the domain? )))

I'd suggest another rebrand to GIOY ;) .com is available and negotiable ))

•••
Wow! Y, Y move to Joyy, if you don't own the domain? )))

I'd suggest another rebrand to GIOY ;) .com is available and negotiable ))

Italian first name :)

Romans fell in love with Chinese food, Chinese fell in love with Italian fashion.

•••
Italian first name :)

Romans fell in love with Chinese food, Chinese fell in love with Italian fashion.

ha! ) Seems you are right, Italian first and last name )

•••
ha! ) Seems you are right, Italian first and last name )
i'm italian and i've never heard Gioy as first or last name..
just did some research and it seem that someone used that as first name but it's like the 0.00000000000000001% of the population and i could add few zeros more.

btw i think they should hold YY.com unless they have a stellar offer with nice abundant 7 figures.
All in all it's just 10$ per year and I'm sure they have pockets deep enough to afford purchasing Joyy.com too.

From a branding point, IMO JOYY > GIOY
and if your company is JOYY rebranded from YY.com and they buy JOY.com, OMG what a confusion...

As they rebranded to JOYY, they just need to go with JOYY.com too

•••
i'm italian and i've never heard Gioy as first or last name..
just did some research and it seem that someone used that as first name but it's like the 0.00000000000000001% of the population and i could add few zeros more.

btw i think they should hold YY.com unless they have a stellar offer with nice abundant 7 figures.
All in all it's just 10$ per year and I'm sure they have pockets deep enough to afford purchasing Joyy.com too.

From a branding point, IMO JOYY > GIOY
and if your company is JOYY rebranded from YY.com and they buy JOY.com, OMG what a confusion...

As they rebranded to JOYY, they just need to go with JOYY.com too

I am sure you haven't heard most of Italian names ) Just like any other people )

https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?keywords=gioy shows 47 results, which is a good number, especially given that Linkedin is not as big in Italy as it is in the USA, e.g.

But, I agree, Gioy is not suitable for YY ) I liked the name as a play on "Joy", as my wife's name translates as joy into English ) That is the reason I bought it and don't mind never selling it, in case she comes up with a business idea.

•••
YY,in china ,it means sex imagination

•••
Doesn't seem like the right move IMHO. I would have stuck with YY as a global brand based in China, which makes up the majority of their user base.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like Joyy.com is owned by some german startup, hard to believe they'll sell it.
What a bunch of idiots @ YY - first you own a LL brand and decide to rebrand to some LLLL, then you announce this in public while you don't even own the domain name. Smart move!

•••
There are only 26 matching LL. Com in the world I'd keep the yy. Com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back