NameSilo

REQ-LOGO $100 PRIZE for e-commerce logo design (Bonus $50 if first submission of winner is before Saturday)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bargains

Established Member
Impact
Type of Contest : Logo Design

Prize : Winner will receive $100 via paypal, in exchange for full and exclusive rights to the logo designed
[update] Bonus $50 if the winner submits first entry before Saturday. I would ideally like to wrap this contest up before Monday.

Contest End Date & Time : Jan. 29 9:00 PM EST

Size Requirements : 450 x 250px (but ability to scale to different sizes would be preferred).

Color Requirements : Playful but professional.

General Requirements : We are an e-commerce reseller of new electronics (Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc…). The domain is, Mr(.)Bargains and we will use the solo template from Shopify, with a similar color scheme( https://themes.shopify.com/themes/solo/styles/solo/preview). I’m looking for a fun and professional company logo which incorpotates the domain name and a cartoonish character to represent Mr. Bargains. I will provide frequent, and solid feedback on designs. I look forward to seeing everyones ideas!

EDIT: After some discussion, we want to go in the direction of a character similar to Mr. Pringle, except named Mr. Bargains obviously. link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/Pringles.svg/220px-Pringles.svg.png

2 ideas:

1) A logo with a round, jovial, cartoon like face that they did with Mr. Pringle, with the text "Mr. Bargains" below his face.

2) Instead of just the face, can make a full-bodied cartoon Mr. Pringle, with the "Mr. Bargains" text below his body.

I lean toward #1 personally, but I am open to ideas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.15 PM.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.38.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.38.23 PM.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.53 PM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My entry for the contest, hope you like it. Feedback is appreciated.

bargains.jpg

•••
•••
My entry for the contest, hope you like it. Feedback is appreciated.

Show attachment 22527
Hi, sorry for the delayed response...I realize I was a bit vague with my design requirements (professional & playful), so I'll try and expand on what I'm looking for. I have attached a few avatars from other sites that I like. The black tentacled monster is perfect, except that its a bit too angry looking for me. A happier, slightly different, version of him would be one idea. I like that it is essentially all black, but the use of bright colors for the mouth and extremities make the avatar really pop out. Another avatar I like is Mr.Pringle. The domain, Mr.Bargains, should be integrated with the avatar. Going back to the tentacled monster example, he could be crawling over the domain. Just a few ideas, but I'm not stuck on any of them. I've seen some brilliant work come out of this community with little guidance, hence my reluctance for initial direction. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.15 PM.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.36.53 PM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.38.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 5.38.23 PM.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback. Will get back with revised design soon. :)

•••
Logo idea hope im on track. GOod luck

Attachments

• mrbargains.jpg
    mrbargains.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 37
•••
New design based on feedback.
bargains_mascot2.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Logo idea hope im on track. GOod luck
EDIT: After some discussion, we want to go in the direction of a character similar to Mr. Pringle, except named Mr. Bargains obviously. link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/Pringles.svg/220px-Pringles.svg.png

2 ideas:

1) A logo with a round, jovial, cartoon like face that they did with Mr. Pringle, with the text "Mr. Bargains" below his face.

2) Instead of just the face, can make a full-bodied cartoon Mr. Pringle, with the "Mr. Bargains" text below his body.

•••

2 ideas:

•••
New design based on feedback.
Show attachment 22551
Would you be able to post another submission? We want to go in the direction of a character similar to Mr. Pringle, except named Mr. Bargains obviously. link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/Pringles.svg/220px-Pringles.svg.png

2 ideas:

•••
Here's my revision hope im on track. Good luck
mrbargains1-01.jpg

•••
Larger preview when you click the image. This took about 2 hours to make and perfect. I borrowed the Pringles character concept and gave it a discounts theme with coupon cut out lines. All 100% original, hand crafted vector graphics (you can trust that I *never* use clip-art). Feedback appreciated, thanks!

Note: I just realized it's Mr.Bargains (plural). I will add an S my submission is in the right direction.

MR.B_v19.png

Last edited:
•••
Green for Savings, Discounts, Bargains, etc.

MR.B_v19b.png

•••
Green for Savings, Discounts, Bargains, etc.

Show attachment 22637
Hi NameFu, I like the basics of this. Some suggestions:
1) Can you make the head round, and more human looking? (rather than square)
2) Can you change the facial expression from shock to more jovial and confident? Like the character is confidently directing users that this is a good deal.
To convey this, you could also attach a body. For example, I like the expression this one communicates:
upload_2016-1-23_15-49-23.png

3. We like the red and black color scheme. Can you change the font to a few different styles (cursive, blocky, bubbly, etc...), maybe a font similar to meh.com, but thicker.

THANKS!!!

•••
Please find my entries attached to this post :)
All designs include free unlimited modifications, color changes, etc.

Thank you!

Attachments

• bg1_noHH.png
    bg1_noHH.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 34
  • bg1_hat.png
    bg1_hat.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 33
  • bg1_no_hat.png
    bg1_no_hat.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 32
•••
mr-bargains.png

The symbol is a warm, friendly cowboy called Mr. Bargains. He's smiling because he always gives his customers the best deals!

The type is a slab-serif with striped shadows that is reminiscent of the Old West, while still expressing modernity and complementing Mr. Bargains. Optionally, the logotype can be placed on a ribbon to further emphasise the old west theme.

The color scheme is warm yet professional and can be successfully used in many applications. As can the symbol and logotype combination, whether it's for stickers, posters, signage, web use or print use.

•••
..... ENTRY Withdrawal ......

Last edited:
•••
mr-bargains.png

The symbol is a warm, friendly cowboy called Mr. Bargains. He's smiling because he always gives his customers the best deals!

The type is a slab-serif with striped shadows that is reminiscent of the Old West, while still expressing modernity and complementing Mr. Bargains. Optionally, the logotype can be placed on a ribbon to further emphasise the old west theme.

The color scheme is warm yet professional and can be successfully used in many applications. As can the symbol and logotype combination, whether it's for stickers, posters, signage, web use or print use.
Thank you for the submission. I have a few suggestions if you have time...
1. Can you play around with the cowboys face. Perhaps make his face a bit more rounded. I want him to appear more jovial/gregarious.
2. Change the color scheme. I like red/black.
3. Change the font to a larger cursive-type font.

Thanks!!!

•••
Thank you for the submission! I like the font, it's almost perfect. Can you make the red a bit more bright, and increase the spacing between the letters. Also, can you play around with Mr.Bargains face? It would be nice to see a few variants. He looks a bit too snowmanish right now.

•••
One last thing, can you integrate the upper body of the attached image into Mr.Bargains Head. Where the text falls between his arms?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 9.03.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 9.03.44 PM.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back