Dynadot

123-reg.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for 123-reg.co.uk

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very Good! I Have About 80 Name's With Them.

I have about 80 names registered with 123.reg, and overall i am pretty pleased with their service, domain management features are easy to use, and you can submit names to 10 search engines for free, including google, the only complaint is that you have to do this 1 at a time which is quite time consuming.
Overall though a good service!.

•••
They Are Pretty I Good I Regsitered One Of My Domains From There

•••
The review above is quite insulting considering the experience I've has with them and to say "So start saving today and register" is unbelievably back to front! Their domain registration price is good for .co.uk and thats the only good thing I can say about them.

Anyway I registered a domain with them last year to point to my old host just for displaying ebay images on... Afterwards I needed a new host urgently so I went with them as I did not have time to shop around. First thing that p*ssed me off - you have to pay full 12 months upfront but I could have lived with that. Next thing, I went through several screens filling in info and I get to the last one and they announce a £9.99 registration fee over and above - they could have had the decency to disclose this bs on the first screen!

As if that was not enough, having paid £34 something for a years "starter hosting" account. Half the time when I check my listings the images are now taking ages to load up! They boast about the speed of their servers in their hype and imo it's unacceptable.

The final straw came when I looked at how much it was to purchase extra bandwidth for the rest of the month... They want £25 for a gig!!! I am now in the process of transfer to my new host which is so gives far more for a fraction of the price.

STEER CLEAR!

Last edited:
•••
Review

Would use no one else for uk names. Dirt cheap, service has always been tops

•••
Review

Been using 123-reg.co.uk with my main business due to having co-located servers in there partners hosteurope data suite in london. Extremely professional bunch i have over 150 domains there and ver impressed with there control panel and speed and professionlism.

•••
Very good for UK domains

Cheap and easy to use control panel. They keep a full history of your account so you can reprint any invoices at any time. The only thing they lack is the ability to make bulk changes easily, you have to go into each domain to change things.

If you sell a domain you can get the buyer to set up a free account and do a simple push over into their account, they will have it in minutes.

They send you reminders when domains are due for renewal.

Overall great value for money at £6.09 for 2 years per UK domain

•••
Absolutely Great!

This has to be the best registrar ever, i have all of my domains with them, but the prices seem to be a bit extreme. £21 for a .com :(

•••
Great Service.

I've had several domains with 123-Reg for many years. Great service, nice
account features and cheap hosting (although slow at peak times). Overall
I've had nothing but a good experience with them, but as mentioned earlier
it can get expensive if you intend bulk registering domains.

•••
Review

Great! especially for .co.uk domains. .coms are a little pricey and its not the most stylish site ive seen but the customer support seems to be spot on from when ive had to use it - would recommend

•••
Very good for .co.uk's

Had no problems. Their interface needs work on it though, it isn't the best ,and when searching for new domains it takes ages while they show you lots of their ads.

•••
This registrar does not look reliable and dependable.
I registered one .co.uk with them, it shows up in my account but it's never been registered actually as confirmed by the Nominet whois DB. I had to register elsewhere. They did not respond to my inquiry and no refund on my credit card to date. They are cheap but it's still too expensive for a name that has not even been registered !
Do business with them at your own risks.

My experience with them: http://www.namepros.com/domain-newbies/201895-cheapest-place-buy-co-uk-paypal.html#post1388430

•••
Great Registrar

123-Reg is a great Registrar.
The site is very easy to use, and i'v never had a problem with them.

•••
Review

I used to use them until I had a problem. They don't respond to emails and have an expensive tel number

•••
I have used 123-Reg several times and I haven't received a problem yet. Pipex behind 123 reg is also my ISP, who I haven't received any problems from either. I would recommend it, but I have never had to deal with their support department. So I couldnt rate it on support.

I currently have 3 domains with them, all looking great!

•••
Just a shame their prices are so steep.

•••
Review

Cheap Prices, Poor Value. Avoid!

•••
Okay but find another for regular use

There are much better UK services available, 123-Reg is average at best

•••
I last posted 2 years ago in this thread i would like to update this now.. Everything is still ok but!!! and here is a big butt!! there service is terrible, ever since Pipex took over 123-reg/webfusion/hosteurope the support has dived so badly that my company does not use them for data suite anymore yet as a domain control panel its still one of the best if you do not need support.

So as a round up people that are not familiar with DNS, NS etc then try someone else People who do know there away around this stuff then its still one of the best in the UK for domain reg and control.

•••
Awful Registar - Avoid at all costs

I've never liked the interface at 123-reg it involves far too many clicks and you're forever pressing the back button, but they actually used to be a reasonable registrar. Then they got taken over by pipex and it all went downhill. E-mail support is non existant nowadays, you may get a reply a few weeks later asking you to ring their 50p ($1) a minute premium rate number. They have raised invoices against my account for domains I have never bought, when I do try and buy domains, they charge me and never register the domains or only register half the domains. I have now transferred all my domains away from here and would never go back to them.

•••
Avoid - service truly terrible since Pipex takeover

Used to be a half-decent service, but customer service is now non-existent. If issues arise, your emails will be ignored. Logged in to use the DNS interface to move the addresses of my domains. Discovered they had moved the DNS to the servers of a recently acquired company without my knowledge or permission, and that the DNS interface wouldn't work with the new servers, leaving me with no DNS admin. A breathtakingly arrogant attitude to customers! Very hard to find the support ticket form - I suspect it's been deliberately hidden. And not worth the effort - my complaint has been ignored.

Was a fairly happy customer till the Pipex takeover - but am now planning to migrate all my domains elsewhere...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back