Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ekal

Play up Pompey!VIP Member
Impact
On the frontpage of Sedo today:

tgn.com $75,000
npy.com £2,250

I know the dollar isn't worth much against the pound nowadays, but thats still a huge difference between domains that really aren't that far apart in quality.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ye, massive difference between them! Just shows if you hold out and be a tough negociator, the sky is the limit.

with regards to the value of the dollar, i think it is $2 now to the pound. Not good at all >:(

•••
I know the seller of TGN.com deal. He had it reg'd since the mid 90's. I think he might have got a bit more for it, but was satisfied with the 75G's.

•••
I think tgn.com was bought by the owners of genealogy.com, ancestry.com, rootsweb.com and a few other genealogy related sites: MyFamily.com, Inc.

My not so wild guess is that TGN stands for 'The Genealogy Network' so this is an enduser deal, explaining the 75K

•••
This isn't so much to do with negotiation as it is to do with the difference between reseller and end-user pricing.

•••
He had it reg'd since the mid 90's.

Impressive - 10 years of patience and well-rewarded for it.

•••
He was going to use it for "Two Guy's Networks", but I guess never got around to it.

•••
kev said:
with regards to the value of the dollar, i think it is $2 now to the pound. Not good at all >:(

Good if you buy alot from abroad, everything becomes cheap B-)

Regarding the ex owner of tgn.com looks like he got lucky on who wanted to buy the domain name and of course the letters he chose when he regged the domain name.

•••
patient is the key. If you have a good name, don't let it go cheap.

•••
cache said:
patient is the key. If you have a good name, don't let it go cheap.

my words

•••
One is a good enduser price and one is a fantastic reseller bargain....

I'd have have sold tgn and bought npy at those prices without breathing...

Thats what this market is all about... :]

•••
tgn /= npy
n = n
t > p
g >> y

I just saw a random, nonsense name go for $1250 on snap a few weeks after I reg'd almost the same name. Those "bad" letters make a difference. (So do end users, agreed.)

•••
The first one has all premium letters, so higher amount. The second one has a low premium letter resulting in a lesser amount. This could be another assumption.

tgn.com $75,000
npy.com £2,250

•••
TGN.com seems like an even better sale now when compared to Own.com for $115,000.

Own is a premium, business-friendly multi-use word. Sold too cheap?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back