IT.COM

2nd Annual NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello there fine folks

With the dog days of winter upon us, I feel it would be a great time to bring back the the NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship.

Last year, after a false start to the tournament, we had a great turn out and an excellent competition ensued to bring us the first ever NamePros RPS champion Trips O_o No Limit/Phil.

The rules will remain the same:

Each contestant will PM me 15 moves (rock, paper or scissors) for each match.

11 of those moves will be used in the game to determine a winner. The additional 4 moves will be used for sudden death overtime in case of a tie after the initial 11 moves are played out.

Depending on the turnout, we will follow with the same general format. A round robin tourney, best of three playoffs and best of five championship game.

The deadlines are going to be fixed this time around to Monday and Thursday
10pm PST.
---------------------------------

The deadline to register for the game will be Monday, February 23rd at 10pm PST. The first match will occur on Monday, March 2nd. I will post the groups and match schedules somewhere in between.

I will be contacting the original participants in the next day or two via PM to see if they want to return and of course will be accepting new players to the competition.

If you are interested to join and play, please leave a comment in this thread.

On a serious note: This tournament last a while. It took almost two months to finish the first one once it got going. Part of the excellent experience we had last year was, that with the exception of one person who quit after losing the 1st match, all the other players remained and competed hard all the way, even if they didn't have a shot to advance into the playoff, and stuck around to cheer on the those who did.

Please be sure that you can commit to the tournament so that we can have another great competition.

Thank you and good luck

--Kru

--------------

Confirmed Players

-RJ-
Lightning Blue
Mis Chiff
Lzy
Phil - (Reigning Champion)
Ssamriga
P-C
NotLikeYou
Xrvel
S~
Ross
Galel
Arjun
Bbrez1
HastyHost-Andy
Irieman
Jerlene
Mattias
Randomo
Usualcliche

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I understand right, the best of three from each group will go to playoffs? :blink:

•••
No BBrez1 ... the best four players from each group will move into the quarterfinals. in the quarterfinals you will play a best-of-three style match. That means the player who beats his opponent 2 matches to 1 match will win and move to the next round, the semifinals.

•••
kruwreka said:
No BBrez1 ... the best four players from each group will move into the quarterfinals. in the quarterfinals you will play a best-of-three style match. That means the player who beats his opponent 2 matches to 1 match will win and move to the next round, the semifinals.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks :)

•••
kruwreka said:
No BBrez1 ... the best four players from each group will move into the quarterfinals.

Oh!
I thought it was top 2 into semi-finals. (Serves me right for not reading thoroughly).
So, congrats to RJ, Bbrez1 and Phil for also being guaranteed quarter-finalists.

How's it going to work if me, NotLikeYou/HastyHost-Andy, Ross and the winner of Lzy/Galel are all tied on 5-4 in 3rd/4th/5th/6th?
Who goes through?

Last edited:
•••
S~ said:
Oh!
I thought it was top 2 into semi-finals. (Serves me right for not reading thoroughly).
So, congrats to RJ, Bbrez1 and Phil for also being guaranteed quarter-finalists.

How's it going to work if me, NotLikeYou, Ross and the winner of Lzy/Galel are all tied on 5-4 in 3rd/4th/5th/6th?
Who goes through?

SUDDEN DEATH!

•••
Well the leaders are out of my reach now
but I'm not out till it's over :p

and then we start again? :hehe:

•••
kruwreka said:

Will it be possible for me play against someone from my group in the championship
or will it be the winner of each group that faces each other (like the NFL conferences)?
I don't recall how it was done last year.

•••
It should be random picks, or-

A-1 v B-4
} winners play
B-2 v A-3

B-1 v A-4
} winners play
A-2 v B-3

...no?

Round 8 moves are just about to be PM'd.

•••
S~ said:
Oh!

How's it going to work if me, NotLikeYou, Ross and the winner of Lzy/Galel are all tied on 5-4 in 3rd/4th/5th/6th?
Who goes through?

Hope you make it too :tu:

•••
kruwreka said:
mis_chiff. . . . . . . P R P S S P R R P S R . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- P -- Final Score -- 4
Lightning Blue . . . P S S P R R R S P R P . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- S -- Final Score -- 5

Last Fight that ensure me tickets to Championship !!!

•••
S~ said:
How's it going to work if me, NotLikeYou/HastyHost-Andy, Ross and the winner of Lzy/Galel are all tied on 5-4 in 3rd/4th/5th/6th?
Who goes through?

I will try to go with the head-to-head matchup results between the people who are tied at first. If I can't figure out that way I will create a sudden death match between the people who are still tied. So Wednesday and Thursday will be important for you to be ready to go at a minutes notice.

Phil said:
Will it be possible for me play against someone from my group in the championship
or will it be the winner of each group that faces each other (like the NFL conferences)?
I don't recall how it was done last year.

Last year was a little different because we had 3 groups so I had the two people with the best record play the two wild-card spots and the other match ups were picked out of a hat. This year we will go with the format S~ proposed

S~ said:
A-1 v B-4
} winners play
B-2 v A-3

B-1 v A-4
} winners play
A-2 v B-3

BTW S~ thank you for posting that

Only 24 hours to get in your throws for the final round!!

--Kru

•••
THE FINAL ROUND!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

FROM PAGE #2 - ROUND NINE Matchup

Round #9 GROUP A

Lzy vs Galel

Xrvel vs Jerlene

NotLikeYou vs HastyHost-Andy

-RJ- vs S~

Bbrez1 vs Ross

Round #9 GROUP B

Lightning Blue
vs Ssamriga

Randomo vs Mis Chiff

P-C vs Arjun

Mattias vs Phil

Irieman vs Usualcliche

Deadline for round nine is Monday March 30th @10pm PDT

Last edited:
•••
mis_chiff said:
Deadline for round nine is Monday March 30th @10pm PDT[/B][/SIZE]

:)

Moves have been PMed few hours ago, will see how this round goes. :bingo:

•••
mis_chiff said:

Deadline for round seven is Monday March 30th @10pm PDT

Already looking for a rematch? :)

•••
Phil said:
Already looking for a rematch? :)

:lol:
anytime sunshine :xf.love:

I was just trying to through you off your game...did it work? :hehe:

•••
And we are done. Round nine is in the books and some hearts are going to be broken. Some by fortune and some by me.

Lets get to the results.

Group A:

Xrvel . . . . . R S S R P P S S P S S . . . . 11
Jerlene . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . 0

RJ . . . . R R R R R R R R R R R . . . . 3
S~ . . . P S R P R R P S R P S . . . . 4

Bbrez1 . . . . R R R R R R R R R R R . . . . 5
Ross . . . . . S R P P R S S S R P S . . . . 3

lzy. . . . . . R R R R R R R R R R R . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- R R -- Final Score -- 5
Galel . . . . P S S R P P S R S P R . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- R S -- Final Score -- 4

NotLikeYou. . . . . . . . R S P R S P R S P S R . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- P -- Final Score -- 5
HastyHost-Andy . . . . S S S S S S S R R R R . . . . 4 -- Tie Breaker -- R -- Final Score -- 4

Code:
	          Wins	Loses

x...Bbrez1. . . . . 	7	2
x...-RJ-. . . . . . 	6	3
x...Ross. . . . . . 	5	4
x...NotLikeYou. . . 	5	4
HastyHost-Andy. . .	5	4
S~. . . . . . . . .	5	4
Lzy . . . . . . . .	5	4
Galel . . . . . . .	4	5
Xrvel . . . . . . .	3	6
Jerlene . . . . . .	0	9

And now for the explanation:

• BBrez1 and RJ finish first and second respectively based on their record.
  • Of all the players tied with a 5-4 record, Ross scored the most victories in head-to head competition by defeating NotLikeYou, HastyHost-Andy and Lzy. Therefore Ross finishes in third place.
  • Lzy defeated only NotLikeYou and was eliminated from contention.
  • Of the three remaining players, all with two victories in head-to-head competition, NotLikeYou beat both HastHoty-Andy and S~ to grab the fourth and final spot in the playoffs.

Group B:

SSamriga . . . . . . P P R S P R P P S S R . . . . 4
Lightning Blue . . . P R P S S P R R P S R . . . . 3

Mattias . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . 0
Phil . . . . . . R P S D I D I W I N ? . . . . 3

Randomo. . . . . R S S S P R R S S S P . . . . 3
mis_chiff. . . . . P P P S S R P R P S S . . . . 5

P-C . . . . . . . P S P S R S P S P S S . . . . 2
Arjun . . . . . . R R P S S S S R P R S . . . . 4

Usualcliche . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . 0
Irieman . . . . . P P R P S R P S P R S . . . . 11

Code:
	          Wins	Loses

x...Ssamriga. . . . 	8	1
x...Phil. . . . . . 	7	2
x...Lightning Blue. 	6	3
x...P-C . . . . . . 	5	4
Mis_Chiff . . . . .	5	4
Irieman . . . . . .	5	4
Randomo . . . . . .	4	5
Arjun . . . . . . .	4	5
UsualCliche . . . .	1	8
Mattias . . . . . .	0	9

And now for the explanation:

• SSamriga, Phil and Lightning Blue finish first, second and third respectively based on their record.
  • SSamriga beat Phil head-to-head, securing the top spot
  • Of the three players tied with a 5-4 record, P-C beat both Mis_chiff and Irieman to grab the fourth and final spot in the playoffs.

I hope my explanations were comprehensive and I will answer any questions you may have.

I want to thank you all for making this another fun tournament. You guys are a blast. Those who are moving on good luck and those whose tournament has ended for this year, I hope you stick around and cheer on the competition.

I will post the match-ups and schedule tomorrow night around this time.

--Kru

Last edited:
•••
kruwreka said:
  • Of the three players tied with a 5-4 record, P-C beat both Mis_chiff and Irieman to grab the fourth and final spot in the playoffs.

ohhh, so close - congrats P-C :p

Thanks for another great game kruweka, fantastic job... :tu:

•••
Yay, first competitor to beat RJ when he turned up.
Went out, but went out in style.

Congrats to all qualifiers.

kruwreka said:
Ross scored the most victories in head-to head competition by defeating NotLikeYou, HastyHost-Andy and S~

Can I just point out I did beat Ross. 7-3. :p
(The Group A order is still correct though)

•••
Horay ! Semi Final in the first time.

Come on friends and pray for me to kick out Phil :lol:

•••
S~ said:
Yay, first competitor to beat RJ when he turned up.
Went out, but went out in style.

Congrats to all qualifiers.

Can I just point out I did beat Ross. 7-3. :p
(The Group A order is still correct though)

I'm so sorry S~. You did beat Ross. My sincerest apology. That was a typo. Ross also beat Lzy for the third win in head-to-head

•••
yey I'm a group winner :)
at least won something if not the whole tournament...

•••
Thank you kruwreka for all the work you have done, it was another great game and I hope to do better in the next time. :)

Good luck to all who advanced to the next level.

•••
Good luck for the next level players. I hope you win :)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back