Domain Empire

2nd Annual NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello there fine folks

With the dog days of winter upon us, I feel it would be a great time to bring back the the NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship.

Last year, after a false start to the tournament, we had a great turn out and an excellent competition ensued to bring us the first ever NamePros RPS champion Trips O_o No Limit/Phil.

The rules will remain the same:

Each contestant will PM me 15 moves (rock, paper or scissors) for each match.

11 of those moves will be used in the game to determine a winner. The additional 4 moves will be used for sudden death overtime in case of a tie after the initial 11 moves are played out.

Depending on the turnout, we will follow with the same general format. A round robin tourney, best of three playoffs and best of five championship game.

The deadlines are going to be fixed this time around to Monday and Thursday
10pm PST.
---------------------------------

The deadline to register for the game will be Monday, February 23rd at 10pm PST. The first match will occur on Monday, March 2nd. I will post the groups and match schedules somewhere in between.

I will be contacting the original participants in the next day or two via PM to see if they want to return and of course will be accepting new players to the competition.

If you are interested to join and play, please leave a comment in this thread.

On a serious note: This tournament last a while. It took almost two months to finish the first one once it got going. Part of the excellent experience we had last year was, that with the exception of one person who quit after losing the 1st match, all the other players remained and competed hard all the way, even if they didn't have a shot to advance into the playoff, and stuck around to cheer on the those who did.

Please be sure that you can commit to the tournament so that we can have another great competition.

Thank you and good luck

--Kru

--------------

Confirmed Players

-RJ-
Lightning Blue
Mis Chiff
Lzy
Phil - (Reigning Champion)
Ssamriga
P-C
NotLikeYou
Xrvel
S~
Ross
Galel
Arjun
Bbrez1
HastyHost-Andy
Irieman
Jerlene
Mattias
Randomo
Usualcliche

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Count me in again. I had a good time last year.

•••
This year, I am in. My First year in this Championship.

Anyway, is it some break on weekend ?

•••
Count me in again this year!
I've been practicing so watch out :p

•••
I'm coming for you Phil! :yell:

•••
I'm in!
(There's people trying to take my trophy away!) D-:

•••
I'm in too!
Hope to get further than last year :)

•••
Glad you decided to join us.

I'm not certain how you meant it about the weekends.

lighting_blue said:
This year, I am in. My First year in this Championship.

Anyway, is it some break on weekend ?

•••
•••
Phil said:
(There's people trying to take my trophy away!) D-:

oh dear.... :o

:notme: (and ya can't prove a thing)

:hehe:

•••
Oh c'mon now mis_chiff. You've had your eye on that trophy all year.

On : 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM

And I Quote :yell:

"Nice trophy!:gl:

Looks good on ya:)"

•••
•••
Phil said:
Oh c'mon now mis_chiff. You've had your eye on that trophy all year.

On : 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM

And I Quote :yell:

"Nice trophy!:gl:

Looks good on ya:)"

damn, you remembered
I knew those words would come back to haunt me! :'(

I'll be watching.....waiting.....till somebody.....somewhere...says
R P S :hehe:

•••
•••
A shiny trophy would look nice next to my ribbons.
Count me in too, Kru.

Last edited:
•••
Yes this was fun last year. You should change the moves to 16 moves instead of 15. This would make it so the sudden death is best out of 5 instead of a possible tie of 2-2. Just a suggestion ;)!

IM IN!

•••
Glad to have all you fine folks back in the game and a big welcome to the new players.

Ross said:
.... This would make it so the sudden death is best out of 5 instead of a possible tie of 2-2. Just a suggestion ;)!

IM IN!
My initial feeling about that Ross, is that since the hands have the ability to cancel each other out there would still be a few ties left after the additional 5 throws. That means having to msg people to sent even more throws to me and delaying the results.

The sudden death is just that. The first hand that beats the other player
wins the game.

I will however give it some thought to see if there is some feasibility to make that change and of course if any of the other players want to chime in on this or any other rule feel free to do so.

-Kru

•••
kruwreka said:
Glad to have all you fine folks back in the game and a big welcome to the new players.

My initial feeling about that Ross, is that since the hands have the ability to cancel each other out there would still be a few ties left after the additional 5 throws. That means having to msg people to sent even more throws to me and delaying the results.

The sudden death is just that. The first hand that beats the other player
wins the game.

I will however give it some thought to see if there is some feasibility to make that change and of course if any of the other players want to chime in on this or any other rule feel free to do so.

-Kru

I think this is a great idea and is better than my initial thought. Kind of like OT football.

•••
I'm in! You're all screwed. I'm going to kick some ass... I've been practicing too.

:yell:

•••
Galel said:
I'm in! You're all screwed. I'm going to kick some ass... I've been practicing too.

:yell:

:p

Side bets??

•••
I am sorry but I shall not be attending this one. Good luck to all that do!

•••
Sorry to hear that Shane. Thank you for letting us know

•••
Registration closes on the 23rd!

Are you in?

•••
•••
I'm IN! B-)

PMing you my moves.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back