Domain Empire

4 letter .com's any good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are 4 letter .com's worth buying to resell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That would depend on how good of salesman you are. If you have a end user in mind for any domain not just 4 letter .coms it would be a great idea to reg it and contact the potential. If the 4 letter had a meaning then of course eg. cool.com fire.com etc..

•••
In my opinion, 4 letter .com's are pretty good if they stand for something like abbrevations for example. If its something easy to remember then it's most likely you will have someone that wants to buy it from you.

•••
In general one domain name rule is: shorter is better, but ...
there are a lot of other rules ...
QYQX.com probably has not much value, though its pretty short.

•••
I assume you're not talking about these:
TALK.COM
HOME.COM
CALL.COM

Random letter patterns aren't so good. If they mean something, they have some value.

•••
yeah i guess so, i shouldn't have reg these 4 letter .com....

•••
Originally posted by sleepy
In general one domain name rule is: shorter is better, but ...
there are a lot of other rules ...
QYQX.com probably has not much value, though its pretty short.

QQQQ are popular among chinese?? anyways a lot of their biz signs and co logos have Q

very queer indeed;)

•••
Every 4 letter .com that has dropped within the last 3 months has had at least a $100 or more bid on NW, a snap taken, entered at enom, and pool. Interesting....

•••
Certainly they are worth buying to resell

•••
whats a 4 letter .com word worth these days. assumeing its not part of a massive market? like call.com would get heaps more then true.com... i know this will be very broud too...

•••
Originally posted by Domainut
Every 4 letter .com that has dropped within the last 3 months has had at least a $100 or more bid on NW, a snap taken, entered at enom, and pool. Interesting....

Interesting to hear that. I had a snap on AZCM.com until snapnames just changed there business model. BUt they just told me today that I got the domain for the minimum $60 bid (credited from my previous snap, of course). I don't know which is more suprising - that there were no others with snaps on it or that snapnames actually caught something. ???

Being in Arizona, I like the name. Everything out here is AZ... azrepublic for the paper, azcentral for the news, azhomes, etc.. I am thinking AZ - something. I just don't know what yet.

•••
Originally posted by Domainut

I try to sell JFPC.com for $60,00. As far without success ...

•••
All the domains that are also words: Call.com Fall.com Mall.com Cars.com Home.com
are all taken

But if you own GHRY.com you have to find a end user who needs that abreiviation

•••
All 4 letter.com's with no:
qwyujkzxv are taken.

•••
I sometimes reg a 4 letter domain if I can get it to mean something, just for the sake of helping the sale..

I've had for example, XCGE.com (eXChanGE), YWDJ.com (Your Web DJ), etc. They seem to go good w/ developed sites on the ebay market.

•••
Yes, I agree. They are only good if they are a word and not a random string of letters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back