$5,000 domain name - One yr.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wanda

Credit Card Service ProVIP Member
Impact
why are the .cc domains so expensive..

look here at this registrar: www.enic.cc

check out: Vegas.cc.. available to reg. for $5k per yr????? :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re: $5,000 domain name - one yr.

Originally posted by WandaCox
why are the .cc domains so expensive..

look here at this registrar: www.enic.cc

check out: Vegas.cc.. available to reg. for $5k per yr????? :?

Insanity? Greed?
Or maybe, a "you'll never get it if you don't ask for it" mentality!?! :o Same with lowly .TV's, too.
I'd value just about all of 'em at $0.00, personally.
See you.

•••
They can set their own prices on "high profile" domains. These are not controlled by ICANN so it is open market buying - Good Luck.

•••
•••
lol ya kinda worth less i would think

•••
Haven't you seen enough to realize listed prices are not to be thought as reflecting the serious expectations of the owner?

I mean coolhost.com is listed for 25k. Jeff certainly doesn't think he can sell it for that much.

•••
lol i guess..... good point

•••
reminds me of a guy on domainstate forum wanting like 8 million for you.com

•••
wowies...did he get it? :)

•••
nope ;)

cuz who would pay that much for a domain like you.com?

•••
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Haven't you seen enough to realize listed prices are not to be thought as reflecting the serious expectations of the owner?

I mean coolhost.com is listed for 25k. Jeff certainly doesn't think he can sell it for that much.

I bet if he did get a 25k offer he would not accept it. Image is everything!B-)

•••
Didn't they advertise the sale of BEAUTY.CC years ago for $1 million?

What a joke!

•••
Originally posted by WebHold
I bet if he did get a 25k offer he would not accept it. Image is everything!B-)

Thanks, Web! THAT was the "quick sale" price offered some months ago ... and that offer has since expired. :p

I MIGHT now consider offers over $50,000 for CoolHost.com! :D
See you.

:notme:

•••
Nic.cc was asking 21c.cc for $250 per year. However, I registered it from elsewhere for $28.88 per year.

superman.tv is asked at $9,500 per year reg fee and students.tv $500 per year at www.tv. I own both names with another domain extension at $28.88 each per year.

I now wanna sell these names for $10 each.

•••
$9,500! That's expensive!!

•••
Originally posted by markits
Nic.cc was asking 21c.cc for $250 per year. However, I registered it from elsewhere for $28.88 per year.

superman.tv is asked at $9,500 per year reg fee and students.tv $500 per year at www.tv. I own both names with another domain extension at $28.88 each per year.

I now wanna sell these names for $10 each.

Nice feedback markits..

what extension are your names? I'm sure they will sell @ your reasonable asking price.

•••
I think like he said, .tv

•••
I'm surprised .tv's and .cc's wholesale prices haven't been lowered by now. I can't imagine that they're pulling in much new revenue.

•••
Eeep. Okay I'm a newbie. I think I like my com/net/org or even nu extensions way way better. ^^;;

•••
Originally posted by Christopher Marks
I'm surprised .tv's and .cc's wholesale prices haven't been lowered by now. I can't imagine that they're pulling in much new revenue.

My thoughts exactly..

•••
.cc's and .Tv's dont even sound good, They really should lower the prices of them, I mean you can get a .org/.com/.net for 7 dollars or a .nu for 30 dollars for to years. I dont find .cc's anything special :P

•••
Originally posted by kaylac23
.cc's and .Tv's dont even sound good, They really should lower the prices of them, I mean you can get a .org/.com/.net for 7 dollars or a .nu for 30 dollars for to years. I dont find .cc's anything special :P

Righto! IMHO.
Welcome to Namepros, Kaylac23!! :)
Have fun.

:kickass:

•••
Originally posted by kaylac23

Yup, I agree. I think a .com sounds way more professional than a .cc, if profession is what the buyer is after. I guess a lot of the .com, .net and .org's people would choose have been taken, I know I have that problem. ;)
I thought .nu wasn't worth it, now it seems like... hardly anything, lol.

•••
I wonder if anyone would even purchase a domain for thousands a year. I know I wouldn't. I agree, I prefer the good ole' .com, .net, and .org extensions.

•••
Wow, Alex and I brought in a lot of teens who still think you can pay less than 7 a year.. depending on the name people will pay a lot of money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back