IT.COM

analysis 5N Domain Sales Analysis, How well GV predicts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I noticed that yesterday had 30 NNNNN.com domain sales (from NameJet) on the daily NameBio report, so since these would not yet have affected GoValue estimations I thought it would be a good time to look at these sales in context of GoValue predictions.

Here are a few of main points:
  • Yesterday's 30 sales had a median price of $500, an average price of $654 and ranged from $490 to $1500 individual prices.
  • If I compare that to NNNNN.com prices in total historically on NameBio 2018YTD ($952), 2017 ($959), 2016 ($1098), last 5 years ($1056), all time ($1051).
  • Roughly 2400 NNNNN.com sell per year (at least NameBio listed).
  • I also looked at the highest 10 NNNNN sales of all time, highest the 2013 sale of 88888.com for $245,000. Link gives list, most were in 2015 or 2016. 9 sales have been $25,000 or more.
  • I include links to two articles that discuss why numbered domains are so used and valued in China. I found these worthwhile background, even though not very recent.
  • For each of the 30 sales in the most recent NameBio daily report I computed the GoValue estimate of worth. On average GoValue did a superb job. The average price it estimated for the 30 was $648 vs the average they sold for $654. It did not do a good job of estimating which number sequences would fetch higher prices however. Nevertheless it showed some statistical significance, so I derived a formula relating GoValue price to likely sales price. Don't place much faith in this, and it is only for NNNNN.com. Would make no sense using it more broadly (I have a similar analysis for .co premium names, and will hope to release it this week).
My full analysis, including links, can be found here:

https://agreatnameforyou.blogspot.com/2018/08/nnnnn-domain-names.html

Thanks for reading.

Bob, the analyst

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back