A goodbye post.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Best of luck to you. Sounds like you don't need it though, and you've forged your own path.

Knowing when to get out of something you've loved doing takes cahonas.

Thanks. The hardest part is leaving something that is profitable but I think it's for the best. Sometimes the future is more important than today.

•••
Best of luck with new ventures and keep us posted on your new endeavors.

What may I ask is your new chosen route/field ?

You might need to turn up to a domainer addiction clinic or try some kind of hypnosis treatment but I'm sure you get there :rolleyes:

•••
Best of luck with new ventures and keep us posted on your new endeavors.

What may I ask is your new chosen route/field ?

You might need to turn up to a domainer addiction clinic or try some kind of hypnosis treatment but I'm sure you get there :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm going to get back to the basics and start developing. I will hold about 10 of my domains with the idea of keeping them for years until that windfall occurs.

Hah! Maybe.

;)

•••
Good luck in the future Shane. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Absolutely Shocked, Shane!

Really didn't see this coming.

Good luck in the future.

•••
Absolutely Shocked, Shane!

Really didn't see this coming.

Good luck in the future.

To be honest, neither did I!

Thanks, pal.

•••
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

I did have a feeling something was up after I saw you were selling your landing page platform dnpages.com on Flippa.
Anyways, I liked following your posts around Namepros. A lot of them had plenty of spice to it ;)
Sorry to see you go. It's a loss for the industry for sure.

•••
I did have a feeling something was up after I saw you were selling your landing page platform dnpages.com on Flippa.
Anyways, I liked following your posts around Namepros. A lot of them had plenty of spice to it ;)
Sorry to see you go. It's a loss for the industry for sure.

Yeah, I love DNPages but it's time to diversify. I have all of my money invested in one area, an area that I no longer crave day in and day out.

I appreciate your kind words.

•••
Lol I've never bet on your give up from this industry Shane.
All the best for your future..

•••
Lol I've never bet on your give up from this industry Shane.
All the best for your future..

Appreciate it! Things always work out for the best. You just have to believe.

•••
Ha! Nice try.
Everyone knows that once you go DN you can never go back.
I give you a month, 2 months tops :xf.grin:

•••
Ha! Nice try.
I give you a month, 2 months tops :xf.grin:

Hahahaha. Only time will tell.

•••
This is a tough business for sure.

It takes a lot of work every day to keep at it and make it work.

It can be exhausting sometimes, and giving it up is always at the back of your mind.

Especially when you have just spent many tiring hours in front of your computer.

It gets tougher everyday, and the competition is fierce.

Most will not make it, and you have to have a passion for it.

Unfortunately, like many other things, that passion can die at any point, without warning.

When the passion is gone, the will to continue is gone.

Without it you don't have the drive to endure the daily grind, and it is over.

What most new domainers do not understand is that to make this pay off, you have to live and breath domains day in and day out.

If you are not truly connected and tuned in to what is going on, the chances of real success are hit and miss.

Sure some will get lucky.

But if you do this for a living, you can't rely on pure luck.

It is a lot to deal with each day.

•••
Ha! Nice try.
I give you a month, 2 months tops

Once it's in your blood, you are hooked.

•••
You deserve an extra big THANK YOU because you have the balls to expose Dicker as the criminal scumbag he is.

Good luck in the future

•••
This is a tough business for sure.

It takes a lot of work every day to keep at it and make it work.

It can be exhausting sometimes, and giving it up is always at the back of your mind.

Especially when you have just spent many tiring hours in front of your computer.

It gets tougher everyday, and the competition is fierce.

Most will not make it, and you have to have a passion for it.

Unfortunately, like many other things, that passion can die at any point, without warning.

When the passion is gone, the will to continue is gone.

Without it you don't have the drive to endure the daily grind, and it is over.

What most new domainers do not understand is that to make this pay off, you have to live and breath domains day in and day out.

If you are not truly connected and tuned in to what is going on, the chances of real success are hit and miss.

Sure some will get lucky.

But if you do this for a living, you can't rely on pure luck.

It is a lot to deal with each day.

That's very true. )

Once it's in your blood, you are hooked.

Also, true.

You deserve an extra big THANK YOU because you have the balls to expose Dicker as the criminal scumbag he is.

Good luck in the future

Thanks! I tried my best to get people their money back. Didn't quite work the way I hoped but at least he's gone.

•••

Good luck in the future

+1

Sorry to see you go (for now), Shane.

You'll be back, I know you'll be back :)

•••
•••
We don't really know each other, but I still enjoyed reading your posts on NP in the last year.
I wish you success in your future projects.

•••
Wow Shane, sad to see ya go! I read a lot your posts and others when I rejoined domaining last year. Thanks for all of your input into the forum!

Truth is defined where you are most happiest in day to day life. Money doesn't equal happiness and we all know happiness does equal money either. Good luck in furthering your education and your future ventures!

Wouldn't mind picking you brain on some similar portfolio decisions I need to make as well!

•••
We don't really know each other, but I still enjoyed reading your posts on NP in the last year.
I wish you success in your future projects.

Thank you!

•••
Wow Shane, sad to see ya go! I read a lot your posts and others when I rejoined domaining last year. Thanks for all of your input into the forum!

Truth is defined where you are most happiest in day to day life. Money doesn't equal happiness and we all know happiness does equal money either. Good luck in furthering your education and your future ventures!

Wouldn't mind picking you brain on some similar portfolio decisions I need to make as well!

I couldn't agree more and just get in touch. I'll probably still participate in the newbie section for a while. Might as well impart some knowledge to the newcomers.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back