IT.COM

A two-letter domain, English Single Word.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maihhabib2021

Impact
I have a two-letter domain, English Single Word.co.uk,unregistered. How can I benefit from it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You say it is UNREGISTERED, so why haven't you tried to register it ?

Have you checked the Nominet.uk registry for availability. Don't rely on simple domain searches, they always throw-up availability errors.

Last edited:
•••
You say it is UNREGISTERED, so why haven't you tried to register it ?

Have you checked the Nominet.uk registry for availability. Don't rely on simple domain searches, they always throw-up availability errors.
I actually tried, but when I completed registration, I was asked for an address in the United Kingdom, and I do not live there, unfortunately

•••
So you haven't actually checked www.nominet.uk Whois for availability first. If you get a 'Unregistered' response. let me know. But I don't think you will. This service doesn't require you to be a UK registrant.. Don't rely on any other service for real-time availability.

Just scroll down a few inches to 'Domain Lookup'

Last edited:
•••
So you haven't actually checked Whois for availability first. If you get a 'Unregistered' response. let me know. But I don't think you will. This service doesn't require you to be a UK registrant.. Don't rely on any other service for real-time availability
I tried searching on nominet and the result “not found” appears. What does that mean? I am very sorry for taking so long

•••
Thats OK. Quite often it will say NOT FOUND, what does the rest of the data say. look for date registered. if there isn't one then you may be lucky.

scroll down the entire details - and see if there are any registered AND Expiry dates

Last edited:
•••
Thats OK. Quite often it will say NOT FOUND, what does the rest of the data say. look for date registered. if there isn't one then you may be lucky.

scroll down the entire details - and see if there are any registered AND Expiry dates
There are no details other than not found. Can I trust you and send the name and platform where the name is available?

•••
yes if you want you can send it to me. Maybe it is available but I'll only trust Nominet for availability. I'll let you know straight away - The last two letter word (by date was in 2011) from what I recall.

•••
A lot of two letter domains are held back by Nominet. So unregistered but NOT available

•••
click on my motif at the top of the page and DM Direct message me

•••
•••
It turned out to be a NO-GO.

But it is deceiving that Nominet leave the fields blank for withheld/unavailable domains. every Nominet affiliated service showed it wasn't available. The domain registration service originally used was a website builder/promoter

Last edited:
•••
It turned out to be a NO-GO.

But it is deceiving that Nominet leave the fields blank for withheld/unavailable domains. every Nominet affiliated service showed it wasn't available. The domain registration service originally used was a website builder/promoter
The domain was me.co.uk on squarespace

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back