Dynadot

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i wonder what will happen if someone tries to use that with a google typo

•••
j0hnyl said:

somehow i think you'll get your ass kicked :lol:

•••
•••
It's not automatically instantly better, just make sure you compare thoroughly different parking companies.

Some make the argument that Google might decrease revenue share, while parking companies can negotiate a larger revenue share due to their volume.

this will be interesting, to say the least

•••
j0hnyl said:
:) just a joke

I know but I bet some :alien: will try it :hehe:

I bet the parking companies are not very happy about this, it'll be interesting to see what it takes to qualify.

...maybe they will only do it for domains with a certain amount of traffic ? who knows, but it'll be interesting to follow it.

•••
corgi said:
It's not automatically instantly better, just make sure you compare thoroughly different parking companies.

Some make the argument that Google might decrease revenue share, while parking companies can negotiate a larger revenue share due to their volume.

this will be interesting, to say the least

Agree, but maybe this might pave the way for a renaissance of parked keyword & generic domains getting high rankings in the serps since it will be profitable for google to do so

•••
Can't wait to try it. Hopefully google will extend the service to European accounts! :)

•••
•••
Big Parking News: Adsense for 'Domains'

As far as i know this is new.
well it is to me:

adsense for 'domains' :yell:

•••
This reeks. Google already slapped tons of parked domains with lower rankings (or de-indexing) in their own search engine. Now, they want to offer adsense on those undeveloped domains? Will they blacklist the domains using adsense? I don't think so! This seems like an unfair abuse of power to me.

•••
l2ride55 said:
For a long time Google was the "anti-establishment" search engine - now they've become "THE establishment". It's guaranteed folks will line up in mob mentality standing, waiting for the establishment to throw them a bone every once in awhile. They've become arrogant, hell they dictate to you what you can and can't do, who can and can't play, and on top of all that, they won't even reply to you when you have a legitimate beef. People will have to take what they give because there is no other alternative.

IF Yahoo could/would ever get their YPN out of beta and distributed to "main street domainers", they may be the only one that has a sword and the nasty attitude required (compliments of the failed merger) to even think of fighting Goliath.

'Till then, folks stand with their hands out waiting for a crumb to fall.

A minimum of two players, organizations, parties, etc. are required to keep the "checks and balance" system for fair trade. Anything other than that is a dictatorship - we all know how those end, but nobody really knows when they'll end.

BTW, I'm not normal, and I don't "think" normally, so take my ramblings with a grain of salt as they are intended. LOL

L2

IMO - This is the quote of the day by v5x....

It's my opinion, people will drink the AFD Kool Aid, find out in time it's worse than what they already had, then go back to where they once where. Problem being the parking companies that today have the mass necessary for that "bigger payout" could very well be gone by then when they lose that "mass, leverage and negotiating muscle".

I’m not moving a single domain. I want the competition. I want to see profitable domain parking stick around for a few years.

L2

I think in the exact same manner. That's the reason why I always despise the "I LOVE GOOGLE AND ONLY GOOGLE" comments made on some topics. Competition, IMO, is necessary to keep things at a level where you can switch providers if one starts getting a little out of hand and gives you peanuts for revenue. I can go on and on, but... this seems like it MIGHT be decent, but damn... just more information to pass on to "the man".

•••
j0hnyl said:

Well I tried to add pleasestumble.us it was rejected do to TM. I guess StumbleUpon. So I dont think they will let you park some typo's like gooogle typos.

•••
Many threads merged ...

Folks please use the searchbox before posting "News".

•••
few things to consider tho, just cos its a google parked page doesnt mean you will get anymore hits lol, also that parked page was particularly ugle, parked.com for example have seo parking pages that you can modify and add content to etc
i have a few parked domains topping yahoo above one word product .coms and i have a .org.uk lol :sold: :sold: :sold:

so, long way to go. also adsense pays pencil shavings for websites so parked pages wont fair better. the upside is it will shock parking companies into better payouts you would hope. personally i dislike much about google these dyas, and just wish yahoo would sort their 'adsense ' out! there is no direction in that company

•••
Pred said:
...also adsense pays pencil shavings for websites so parked pages wont fair better.
Actually, I make 2x to 3x more per click with Adsense then with parking at other companies.

•••
I just set up my first domain with Google's Adsense for Domains. A couple things:

1. You can't just change nameservers or forward the domains. You have to add 4 "A" records and a CNAME to your domain at the registrar. Real pain.

2. As the beta tester wrote earlier, it's only Google's really basic lander so far.

3. As the beta tester said, his results were worse than with parking companies. It could be because Google's one lander shows links on the first page, which are from the content feed rather than the search feed. It seems that if you click on the related links it's still showing you content feed ads. The only way it shows you search ads is if someone actually types a search term into the query box.

•••
You may be able to achieve better results with control over your own domain name and it's design by just adding a google adsense search box that leads to a search results page.

•••
DomainNameWire said:
I just set up my first domain with Google's Adsense for Domains. A couple things:

1. You can't just change nameservers or forward the domains. You have to add 4 "A" records and a CNAME to your domain at the registrar. Real pain.

Can you even do that if your domains are at Fabulous? I've never found any CNAME or A record options there.

•••
I hope apart from the profit they will make with this new feature, will not help them identify and exclude all the parked domains from G engine

•••
I have AdSense for Domains in my account today. I just moved a bunch of domains to Sedo so I'll probably let those ride for a while to give me a baseline for comparison.

•••
At first glance it sounds interesting but I think there are positives and negatives...

Possible Positives

1)Cut out the middle man parking company
2)With Google offering this program it brings domain parking to the mainstream which may legitimize it more or make aftermarket domains in general more known to the public and advertisers which could help future aftermarket domain sales as well

Possible Negatives

1)Landers are not very attractive and I doubt they will ever become filled with images as google has stated numerous times in the past that a parked domain should just pass the visitor on to the google advertiser page and that they are not interested in fancy graphics or text as they consider that distracting the user

2) Once you have your domains at google you are now 1 man or woman with X amount of domains so you have no leverage in negotiating rev share, a parking company with hundreds of thousands of domains or a million plus has the power to get a better rev share contract so it is possible that a parking company with a higher revenue share could still net you more even after the parking companies cut is taken out, if a lot of domainers left a parking company then when that parking company renews their contract google can lower their payments as they no longer have the traffic they once had

3) Some parking companies use a search feed like domain sponsor which is stronger than an adsense for domains content feed so even with a parking company cut taken out you could still earn more through a solid parking company with a premium feed

see how it works I guess, I don't see any mention of revenue share and also curious if any form of domain for sale will be implented as I have sold domains that make cents a month parked for x,xxx so sales are important now and then, could work out well for domainers or could just be a slow death to domain parking companies and once that happens we are all just 1 individual domainer with no group or union rev share leverage, parking companies may have to step their game up on payouts to keep domainers from moving away or implement their own advertiser base like fabulous once had going strong to free themselves from google and yahoo, guess I just fear them paying out good in the beginning so all domainers leave the parking companies and then the parking companies close up shop and then a year later google reduces revenue share and then you have no where to turn to as the parking companies don't exist anymore or the ones that do have been weakened so their rev share is now worthless, monopoly with a capital "M" or "G"oogle, will be interesting to watch

Last edited:
•••
Google reaching for straws?

Well I have heard with this economic meltdown that even Google is looking to cut the fat.

Maybe they are doing this about face to save themselves. That is what it is, a complete turn around regarding Googles take on domain parking. This may be a way to save their corporation as they may not be making the money they are used to. I don't know this for sure, just wondering.

•••
SpareDomains said:
.....guess I just fear them paying out good in the beginning so all domainers leave the parking companies and then the parking companies close up shop and then a year later google reduces revenue share and then you have no where to turn to as the parking companies don't exist anymore or the ones that do have been weakened so their rev share is now worthless, monopoly with a capital "M" or "G"oogle, will be interesting to watch

I think you've possibly summed up the situation perfectly. It really depends on if Google is looking to extend their tentacles far enough & with enough malice to squeeze the parking companies out of traffic business all together.

•••
let us know how your experiment goes

does anyone have an example of a google parking page to look at?

•••
soggyindo said:
let us know how your experiment goes

does anyone have an example of a google parking page to look at?

it looks like Sedo's parking page but even more boring

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back