IT.COM

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adsense for Domains Traffic

Hi, I was wondering what are the "Impression" numbers that we see in their stats? For example, I've just parked a bunch of newly registered domains with them (until I get my hands on them, and develop the sites) but then suddenly I see more than 200 impressions within the first 2 days.. now being an experienced web developer to me it means Great traffic! something I could use to make more cash with other programs..

So I decided to 'unpark' the domains and host each of them with a simple HTML page, google analytics counter and some basic text on the page.

I was expecting a similar amount of hits on these pages to be registered by Google Analytics. (as I guess you would probably do too) - but besides me and myself visiting my pages - there was no activity whatsoever. No traffic, no robots - nothing. Even server's raw log files indicated no activity at all.

So - where are these interesting 'impressions' coming from ? What do you think, please ?

•••
•••
So, you mean - these are fake impressions on adsense for domains ?
(btw now I hope your signature does not relate to me :) because after I saw such nice traffic on these domains I went and registered more domains, for about 1.000$ within a few minutes, basically :)

•••
I don't know, does your time frame match up with the one in the blog (which was Wednesday and Thursday, basically) Hmm, same time span as the Parked weirdness, but that's a Yahoo feed. All very weird. #conspiracytheorythursday (sorry twitter flashback)

•••
Hi :) My timeframe is from approx. March 15 to March 27.. where I saw an unbelievable amount of traffic ('impressions') on newly registered domains - now since it's "Adsense for domains" - the traffic according to their stats is supposed to be a "direct navigation" or "type-in" traffic, right? unless I completely misunderstand it.

I heard about a lawsuit being filed against Google (some info here: http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/2008/07/18/google-in-lawsuit-over-google-adsense-for-domains)

Now I really suspect some blackhat stuff going on here - I think google fakes impression stats on "Adsense for domains" as well as they steal "clicks" from "Adwords" advertisers, please forgive me if I'm wrong, but again:

According to their stats, my newly registered domains (say, just a few hours ago) - got "type-in" traffic and 160 impressions per 24 hours. Sounds cool ?
I then switched the domains to a simple HTML page with Google analytics and some additional visitor tracking codes, including raw server files - and within the next few days, there was 0 (zero!) traffic registered!

Do you think you get type-in traffic too? (according to Google?) - I suggest that you check it like I just did and you'll figure out the opposite. Would any one want to join the lawsuit against them ? Because I want to sue them big time. Because of their fake and misleading parked domain 'impressions' stats I threw more than $1,000 out of the window just like that.. Please don't think that I have anything personal against Google (at least unless I'm certain), but to me it seems like there's an issue going on.. a huge and unjust stealing... Can they somehow justify these 'domain impressions' ? Just answer a simple question and provide some proofs - Where's the traffic coming from ?

Last edited:
•••
My domains at Adsense are earning better than when it was with Sedo. Goodbye Sedo, thanks by the way.

•••
well, first I registered about 2 or 3 (keyword) domains that I planned to use for my new site(s). While working on the site, I decided to park the domains with Google Adsense for domains, which I discovered recently. Within a few days (after I parked the domains) I started seeing these impressions. (btw at the same time I just finished reading a book "The Domain Game" where I learned about the domain parking programs and type-in traffic). So it was all coming together, making some sense and I actually felt incredibly lucky :) Then later I thought wow, that's nice, maybe I could grab some more of those... based on similar keywords and using Google Insights I was researching the best phrases, etc.. learning about new possible combinations - some of them were much better than the ones I registered before.

For example: I had something like "wheelsforaudi.com" (it's just an example, my topic was different) so I got more of like "audiwheels.com" and "lexuswheels.com" and "wheelsforlexus.com", etc... I parked them too. They were getting these impressions the next day... so I thought wow - why am I loosing my time with "Adsense for Domains" - they get so much traffic - "direct navigation", the best, etc... I made a page with Google Analytics, etc.. to get more stats on this traffic - but it was (and still is) .. 0 - nobody was visiting these domains, actually besides me.

I registered the names based on "page impression" numbers that I saw on Adsense for Domains, which appeared to be just not true...

I can post a screenshot... am wondering whether anyone could explain what could it be (other than what I suspect it is)

Last edited:
•••
well, someone has to pay for the onsite doctors, lawyers, hairstylists, pet sitters, day care, chefs, "barista's", etc,, at the google empire, and all the maintenance that goes into the "NeverLand Ranch".
Michael Jackson crashed and burned, it's just a matter of time.
hehe, people love to see the mighty fold.
If YPN would actually accept people the playing field would open.
just my thoughts.
;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back