IT.COM

AdSense for Domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
exsedo said:
I just read on another thread that google alters the code on your domains to no index/no follow and also disallows indexing in the robots file. So if you decide to leave AFD, will google ever index your domain in the future ? Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know that anyone knows that yet. But I'd be willing to bet that it would take a while, and you'd have to have an extra helping of unique content and good backlinks in order for it to come up in a Google search again.

•••
Thanks Netmeg, I was thinking that myself deepdown. Fair enough if google want to clear their index of parked domains, but they are disqualifying these domains from others search engines as well. Talk about total domination :bingo:

•••
netmeg said:
No, you can mess with CNAME and A Records at GoDaddy; I did it all the time when my domains were there. But it doesn't look like Fabulous offers that, not even for a premium (not that I'd pay a premium for that service - should be included)
how about in namepros I had searched in this thread but cant find how to setup dns in namepros domain management

•••
•••
Only if Adsense could allow us to simply use the "name severs." My domains at Snapnames does not have this option, actually there is but i have to fork out 1,000$ to have DNS feature! Yikes.

It's time to transfer them out of Snapnames!

•••
renewed a name at goddady and got offered to join the parking club for only $89.00 for six months !!!!!

what are they smoking i wonder ?

•••
evirtual1 said:
renewed a name at goddady and got offered to join the parking club for only $89.00 for six months !!!!!

what are they smoking i wonder ?
wrong thread but LMAO!

•••
I had a domain that was on AFD since the start. I took it off AFD about two weeks ago and put up a custom website on it. I checked it today and its index by google, so it looks like there life after AFD

•••
johname said:
I had a domain that was on AFD since the start. I took it off AFD about two weeks ago and put up a custom website on it. I checked it today and its index by google, so it looks like there life after AFD

Thanks for sharing. Now we know that AFD is not a one way street.

•••
Not really "Breaking News" worthy, but AFD is now available in Portugal. I don't think I'll even bother.

•••
ASFD Question

Does anyone know if this is another way to get names reincluded in g indexes? I mistakenly used WP late '08-early '09 and had approx. 300 domains deindexed... To-date, many remain banned... Not sure why since it's not like these domains generated alot of ppc income, wrong servers, wrong time...

•••
Has anyone got any reports on the revenue? I guess I should park a few de-indexed domains there lol...

•••
cpamtm said:
Does anyone know if this is another way to get names reincluded in g indexes? I mistakenly used WP late '08-early '09 and had approx. 300 domains deindexed... To-date, many remain banned... Not sure why since it's not like these domains generated alot of ppc income, wrong servers, wrong time...

WP?

•••
•••
cpamtm said:
SDX said:
henniemeijer said:
Phew, for a horrible moment there, I thought you meant WordPress...! D-: lol j/k

•••
Can you optimize domain at Adsnse for domains?

I hate trafficz.com now for eating y 50 50 shares ,,,,,I want 80-90 atleast now...please help me optimize domains if thats possible

•••
No, you can't. Wouldn't be a point to it anyway - Google adds NOINDEX and NOFOLLOW tags to AFD domains, so not only will they not be indexed in Google, it will keep them out of Yahoo and MSN as well.

•••
Google adds NOINDEX and NOFOLLOW tags to AFD domains, so not only will they not be indexed in Google, it will keep them out of Yahoo and MSN as well.
Almost sounds like there's a devious plan unfolding...guess you don't have to be subtle when you're google.

•••
Hello, can anyone tell me what is going on here. Over a week ago now I added 4 domains to the Google Domains Parking program and followed the instructions to point the names to Google with the CName etc at the Register. Since then those 4 domains are still pointing to the old name servers and they are still sitting in the Pending Status of Google?

•••
Generally that seems to happen when there's something not quite right about the nameservers. Check your settings again.

•••
onewordonly said:
they are still sitting in the Pending Status of Google?

Is there a Privacy service on the domains?
Sounds like they are having trouble verifying it.

•••
hi, there is no privacy and I doubled checked the name server details and they look to be what is in the instructions so I have made a support request to the register to see what they say....

I'm also curious to know from those using it how it is going?

•••
I found the problem, for my Register MyDomain.com the instructions on Google are a little confusing as written here https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76049.

Google say:
7. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.34.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.
8. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.36.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.
9. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.38.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.

but you only need and must use one A Record plus you need to set the name servers of these domains to use:

NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM

hope that helps others that have the same problem as me.

•••
onewordonly said:
I found the problem, for my Register MyDomain.com the instructions on Google are a little confusing as written here https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76049.

Google say:
7. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.34.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.
8. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.36.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.
9. Add an A Record, leaving the first text field blank, and entering 216.239.38.21 for the IP Address. Click UPDATE.

but you only need and must use one A Record plus you need to set the name servers of these domains to use:

NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM

hope that helps others that have the same problem as me.

I still don't get why they can't just make things simple with normal NS changes?!

•••
l2ride55 said:
Ulterior motive - further; more remote; esp., beyond what is expressed, implied, or evident; undisclosed

L2

:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back