IT.COM

Advice needed !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
If I had managed to register a .club domain, let's say with the name of a well known football club, where would I stand in terms of trying to sell it via auction or listing it for sale with a buy it now price ?

The domain was unregistered and available for anyone to buy. Would there be issues regarding trademarks, IP etc I have seen such domains listed with buy it now/make an offer prices. So far all I have done is purchase it but done nothing more and have no intention to publish a website using it but would just like some advice as to whether I could legally sell it on ?

Also have registered a couple of other domains with most likely trade marked names (brand names), i'm guessing it would probably be 'unwise' to try to move those on !?

Thanks in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trademarks are a no no.

Save yourself the headache and keep away from trademarks.

•••
•••
This is not legal advice, but in short: if you set up a fan site, that would be defensible. But if you try to monetize it, this is where the problems could start. Attempting to sell it just like you say is a no-no.
And you will struggle to sell it, because it's a new extension and it's TM anyway.

Stay away from trademarks. And from new extensions, or even domain names in general, until you know what you're doing :)

•••
Thanks for the advice. Just confirming what I suspected.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back