Domain Empire

Aftermarket.com - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aftermarket

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Aftermarket.com thread!

Here, you can leave your comments, questions and anything else you wish to discuss regarding Aftermarket.com.

We will also be posting updates and information about our upcoming auctions on this thread so be sure to check back regularly.

We are looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Best,

Aftermarket.com

A Division of Thought Convergence, Inc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Aftermarket.com are doing a good job. Will be catching Mardi Gras online so please be sure to tweak that live feed. :tu:

Let me suggest that you folks keep the name selection varied and let's see a few nice biz/info/us/tv/mobi in the mix.

•••
So how long or what does it take for my domains to be approved? I've been "Under Review" for over a week I think

•••
besides selling domains at Domain conferences,

will you guys open up a platform for selling premium names daily... like snap, namejet ?

•••
•••
Carlton said:
Aftermarket.com are doing a good job. Will be catching Mardi Gras online so please be sure to tweak that live feed. :tu:

Let me suggest that you folks keep the name selection varied and let's see a few nice biz/info/us/tv/mobi in the mix.

** Thank for your support Carlton. As you may know we choose from a large list of submissions and choose from the TDL types that are submitted. Our selection committee will base their selections on traffic patterns, revenue potential, ratings and other details to ensure the process is fair an balanced. We strive to provide maximum benefit to both buyer and seller.

Aftermarket.com Team

•••
Welcome, Aftermarket.com team. Looking forward to your participation in this thread.

•••
Thanks kindly for posting here at #1 Namepros™ ... and keeping an eye on the thread to keep folks informed -and- updated! :tu: :talk:

Good Luck in New Orleans! :yell:
-Jeff B-)

•••
papajohn56 said:
So how long or what does it take for my domains to be approved? I've been "Under Review" for over a week I think

** PapaJohn. The current domain submission process is for inclusion consideration only into the Domainer Mardi Gras event. This a selection process only. Our selection committee will begin to review all submissions beginning January 16, 2009.

Should any of your domains be selected for the event, you will be notified with additional information and 'next' steps. The status for those particular domain(s) will update as well.

Here are some important dates to keep in mind:

* Open submission: NOW
* Priority reviewed submissions: January 16, 2009
* Submission deadline: January 30, 2009
* Auction Open / Pre-Bidding (silent): February 13, 2009
* Live Auction: February 21, 2009 2:15 PM CST
* Post-bidding (silent) ends: February 27, 2009

We truly appreciate your participation in the selection process and we wish you the best of luck!

networkmsia said:
besides selling domains at Domain conferences,

will you guys open up a platform for selling premium names daily... like snap, namejet ?

Networkmsia - Thank you for your note. Our Dev. Team is actually in the planning stage of having Aftermarket.com support a platform for selling names daily like other sites. We hope to have an update soon for our users. Should you have any suggestions for us, please feel free to visit www.domaintools and submit your feedback via our ticketing system.

Jeff said:
Thanks kindly for posting here at #1 Namepros™ ... and keeping an eye on the thread to keep folks informed -and- updated! :tu: :talk:

Good Luck in New Orleans! :yell:
-Jeff B-)

** Thanks Jeff! We are glad to be here. Were definitely looking forward to the DMG event in New Orleans this February.

-RJ- said:
Welcome, Aftermarket.com team. Looking forward to your participation in this thread.

** Thanks RJ! We are excited to be able to post here at Name Pros.

•••
Call To Submit Domains for the Aftermarket.com Auction at Domainer Mardi Gras Feb 21

Hi All,

Just a reminder that Domain Submissions is currently underway for the Aftermarket.com auction taking place at Domainer Mardi Gras February 21st. It will be a simultaneous online and in-person auction event featuring the highest-quality domain names available in the Big Easy, many at low or no reserve.

Aftermarket.com has embraced the Domainer Mardi Gras theme of "Risk Management for the Modern Domainer" and it's a great opportunity to submit your "Risk Management" as well as "Mardi Gras" related domains.

Domain Submissions will be OPEN until January 30th.

Good Luck!

Aftermarket.com Team

•••
Disappearing reserve prices?

Hi Aftermarket,

I am awaiting a second reply from Aftermarket customer service on this, but wondered if others were having the same problem. I input names into my Aftermarket Domain Manager, and during this process was prompted to put a reserve price in for each domain, which I did.

I then migrated all domains to the Mardi Gras auction. When the domains showed up in that auction folder, all reserves had disappeared and everything was at $0. Since I had spent quite some time fine-tuning my reserves, I was very ticked. From memory I re-input all reserves and contacted customer service. The initial reply was that they didn't see a problem as they could see all the reserves. I had neglected to say in my original support ticket that I had re-input all reserves.

So, while I'm waiting for another reply (having more fully explained this time), could you (Aftermarket NPer) let me know if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

•••
Thanks for adding the remind feature for the online auctions. I have missed the start of several.

Is there anyway you could modify the process so that we know that our domains have been rejected? At this point it's simply a question that remains unanswered indefinitely until the auction ends.

•••
canbrit said:
Hi Aftermarket,

I am awaiting a second reply from Aftermarket customer service on this, but wondered if others were having the same problem. I input names into my Aftermarket Domain Manager, and during this process was prompted to put a reserve price in for each domain, which I did.

I then migrated all domains to the Mardi Gras auction. When the domains showed up in that auction folder, all reserves had disappeared and everything was at $0. Since I had spent quite some time fine-tuning my reserves, I was very ticked. From memory I re-input all reserves and contacted customer service. The initial reply was that they didn't see a problem as they could see all the reserves. I had neglected to say in my original support ticket that I had re-input all reserves.

So, while I'm waiting for another reply (having more fully explained this time), could you (Aftermarket NPer) let me know if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

** Canbrit - There is currently an issue with some users experiencing the same problem of having their reserve amounts disappear when the domains are migrated into the Domainer Mardi Gras event tab within the auction manager. We currently have our Dev Team investigate the matter and we are sorry for any inconvenience. We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve this issue. Helpful feedback is always appreciated as we want to work toward providing the best user experience possible.

Wire said:
Thanks for adding the remind feature for the online auctions. I have missed the start of several.

Is there anyway you could modify the process so that we know that our domains have been rejected? At this point it's simply a question that remains unanswered indefinitely until the auction ends.

** Wire: We have received similar feedback from users wanting confirmation that their domains were not selected for the event. Our marketing team has drafted notifications for non 'selectees' and I do believe that they will be sending those notification out once the selection process is complete.

•••
Aftermarket said:
** Wire: We have received similar feedback from users wanting confirmation that their domains were not selected for the event. Our marketing team has drafted notifications for non 'selectees' and I do believe that they will be sending those notification out once the selection process is complete.

Great thread ... and sure to reassure some folks who may have had potential misgivings and/or miscommunications with past submissions/auctions, IMHO. :gl:

Can you state that FOR SURE ... folks who take the time and effort to submit their domains for full and fair consideration will either receive notifications (and including updates to their submission Control Panel) with confirmations that domain names either have or have not been accepted for (and prior to) this scheduled auction? :talk:

Thanks again!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Man that contract reads alot like monikers. 15% comish and locked into exclusive right to sell for which ever date is later which would be 180 days?

No thanks.

•••
Jeff said:
Great thread ... and sure to reassure some folks who may have had potential misgivings and/or miscommunications with past submissions/auctions, IMHO. :gl:

Can you state that FOR SURE ... folks who take the time and effort to submit their domains for full and fair consideration will either receive notifications (and including updates to their submission Control Panel) with confirmations that domain names either have or have not been accepted for (and prior to) this scheduled auction? :talk:

Thanks again!
-Jeff B-)

**** Jeff: This has been an issue in the past and we truly feel that our participants should be notified if none of their domains are selected for the current event. I have been assured by management and marketing that we will send out emails letting participants know that their domain or domains were not chosen for this event. Participants should expect to receive only one email regardless of how many domains they have submitted. We simply do not have the capacity to send a letter for every domain that was submitted.

For those who have domains that are chosen: They will be notified immediately with a congratulatory email and next 'steps'. The status for these domains will update within their account as well.

We would ask that participants be patient with us as we have thousands of domains to review the process does take a while. I am sure people can understand that. We will work to keep our information updated on our DomainTools Blog as well as in this forum. User should also feel free to submit a support ticket to: support at aftermarket.com. This will ensure that nothing that may appear here is not missed. We do work very hard to accommodate everyone but do understand that there will be times when people simply do not agree with our decisions and policies.

Broker said:
Man that contract reads alot like monikers. 15% comish and locked into exclusive right to sell for which ever date is later which would be 180 days?

No thanks.

**** Broker: We appreciate you taking the time to fully read the Seller Agreement. Have a pleasant day!

•••
Does the Auction 2/21/09 Mardi Gras Auction Team have an estimate when the selection process will be completed so we will know the status of our submissions. As you know there are other auctions that could be submitted to if Aftermarket does not want our submissions for 2/21?
Also, since like others my submission to you have not received any response for over a week, do we have to do anything to instigate your verification process, or is it entirely done on your end?
Thanks

•••
JacobC said:
Does the Auction 2/21/09 Mardi Gras Auction Team have an estimate when the selection process will be completed so we will know the status of our submissions. As you know there are other auctions that could be submitted to if Aftermarket does not want our submissions for 2/21?
Also, since like others my submission to you have not received any response for over a week, do we have to do anything to instigate your verification process, or is it entirely done on your end?
Thanks

**** Jacob - Thank you for post. The review process began this past Friday, January 16. The submission process will be open to all participants until January 30th. We have no way to predict how many more thousands of domain will be submitted between now and then. Our selection committee is working hard and as fast as possible to review the thousands and thousands of domains that have been submitted thus far. There were almost 40,000 submitted for the TRAFFIC Down Under event this past November. We are expecting many more submissions before the 30th.

Again the selection committee will contact those 'selectees' immediately with additional information and next steps. The status for those domains and those domains only, will update to 'in auction'. So if any of your domains are chosen you will be contacted within the next couple of weeks and into early February.

We will also send out notices letting participants know that their domain or domains were not selected. We will do so beginning January 30th when the open call for submissions is closed and the review process is comleted.

We have received much feedback on this issue of updating the 'under review' status when a domain is not selected and are working on viable options for future events. Unfortunately no changes will made for this event. You can likely assume that if the status remains as 'under review' then it has not been chosen.

I would also be more than happy to address any verification issues you may have with you directly but unfortunately with the limited information provided I am unable to locate your account from this post. Please feel free to send those questions and any else directly to us at: support [at] aftermarket.com. This will ensure that your issues are addressed immediately.

•••
So far everything seems to be working smoothly in the system. I for one will be glad when you guys gain momentum and give Moniker a run for their money - live auctions have needed healthy competition for a long time.

•••
NameTrader.com said:
So far everything seems to be working smoothly in the system. I for one will be glad when you guys gain momentum and give Moniker a run for their money - live auctions have needed healthy competition for a long time.

**** NameTrader: We appreciate your positive feedback in regards to your experience with our platform. It is also nice to know that we have the support of participants such as yourselves as we work to improve and implement changes to our system. We hope to have additional updates on future auction services from Aftermarket.com coming soon. Stay tuned.

•••
Call to submit Domains for Aftermarket.com Auction at Domainer Mardi Gras

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick reminder that the final date for submissions is January 30, 2009, which means there is still time to submit your domains. Reviewing starts immediately after that by the Domain Consultant team. The catalog and silent bidding starts February 13. The auction is scheduled for February 21, from 2:45-4:15pm CST, 90 minutes of live auction activity.

If you participated in a previous Aftermarket.com auction, please note that the process to submit domains has been simplified for this and future auctions.

The process to submit domains is now as follows:
- Select the domain you want to submit.
- Then, in the Actions drop down box, chose the Migrate to Domainer Mardi Gras. These domains will then be listed in the Domainer Mardi Gras tab.

It is likely each domain status is ‘Pending Item Verification’ and requires the email verification to be sent again; click the verification link to proceed. This action ensures that the domain ownership has not changed since the previous auction submission. In this tab, update each domain sales data that is specific for this auction. New domains not previously submitted to any auction can be added by selecting the ‘Add Domains to this Auction’ button at the top of the frame.

Space is limited - Get your submissions in now for consideration!

Don’t miss out on another successful Aftermarket.com auction or the Domainer Mardi Gras conference.

Last edited:
•••
TrafficZ said:
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick reminders that the final date for submissions is January 30, 2009, which means there is still time to submit your domains. Reviewing starts immediately after that by the Domain Consultant team. The catalog and silent bidding starts February 13. The auction is scheduled for February 21, from 2:45-4:15pm CST, 90 minutes of live auction activity. Space is limited - Get your submissions in now for consideration!

If you participated in a previous Aftermarket.com auction, please note that the process to submit domains has been simplified for this and future auctions.

The process to submit domains is now as follows:
- Select the domain you want to submit.
- Then, in the Actions drop down box, chose the Migrate to Domainer Mardi Gras. These domains will then be listed in the Domainer Mardi Gras tab.

It is likely each domains status is ‘Pending Item Verification’ and requires the email verification to be sent again; click the verification link to proceed. This action ensures that the domain ownership has not changed since the previous auction submission. In this tab, update each domain sales data that is specific for this auction. New domains not previously submitted to any auction can be added by selected the ‘Add Domains to this Auction’ button at the top of the frame.

Don’t miss out on another successful Aftermarket.com auction or the Domainer Mardi Gras conference.

I've submitted a few domains about 3 weeks ago & it still shows pending item verification.
When I click on "pending item verification" on each domain; it goes to a new small screen & then when I click "send email verification"; it does nothing????
Tried on Firefox & Chrome...

If your system doesn't send me verification emails of my domains, does this mean they won't get reviewed??

Really confused....

Pls help me out here,

Thanks.

•••
b2b said:
I've submitted a few domains about 3 weeks ago & it still shows pending item verification.
When I click on "pending item verification" on each domain; it goes to a new small screen & then when I click "send email verification"; it does nothing????
Tried on Firefox & Chrome...

If your system doesn't send me verification emails of my domains, does this mean they won't get reviewed??

Really confused....

Pls help me out here,

Thanks.

**** B2B - We have many accounts that make reference to B2B with auction items listed for consideration. In order for us to properly address the issues with your account please send your inquiry to: support [at] aftermarket.com Thanks in advance. We definitely want to 'review' your domains for consideration.

•••
Broker said:

No thanks.

Where is the contract or the Terms and Conditions ? I have logged in but can't see any Terms and Conditions - can someone give me a link?

•••
Still a little choppy, but I found the submission process this time aorund much easier, so good work there.

Request (unless I missed something, which is more than possible): Any way of next time having a way of entering all the reserves for all the domains submitted in one fell swoop? Entering each of them manually was a bit tedious. Not the end of the world, just a suggestion. Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back