Dynadot

question Afternic payment failure

Spaceship
Watch

amandadisanayaka

Established Member
Impact
Someone bought my domain which I bought from godaddy and listed on afternic via fast transfer on 16th June 2022. Domain got transferred automatically on 21st June 2022. Payout date was scheduled for 24th June 2022. But still I have not received the payout. I chose ACH transfer option. Usually I get the payment exactly on the scheduled date. I was keeping this domain for almost 8 months Please help me to sort this out. @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It normally doesn't happen that quickly. Usually takes about a week from the transfer date. Make sure you have your payment details filled out. I wouldn't be worried yet.

•••
Upvote 0
It normally doesn't happen that quickly. Usually takes about a week from the transfer date. Make sure you have your payment details filled out. I wouldn't be worried yet.
Domain was transferred on 21st June 2022. So it's 6 days now. But the payout schedule date on my dashboard was for 24th June. My spoke to one of my friend and he said he usually get the payout the same date as mentioned. So if its 24th June, he said he get the payout to bank on 24th June via ACH transfer

•••
Upvote 0
Maybe that's how dan works. But I worked with godaddy + Afternic. And the payout it already scheduled and the date has passed. But still I haven't received the funds. @Joe Styler

•••
Upvote 0
Log into your account and verify the payment. I sold three names in the last 2 weeks and normally get pay the same day or next day.

•••
Upvote 0
Log into your account and verify the payment. I sold three names in the last 2 weeks and normally get pay the same day or next day.
What do you mean by verifying the payment? In my afternic dashboard it shows the payout date as 24th June 2022. But still I have not received the funds or any email from afternic saying the funds were released. @Joe Styler

•••
Upvote 0
As @Bannen already said:

This is the key phrase:
"Once the buyer takes full possession"

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
You may want to contact your transfer agent to see the current status of payout.

•••
Upvote 0
As @Bannen already said:

This is the key phrase:
"Once the buyer takes full possession"
But in my case the domain is already transferred to the buyer. Afternic held my domain for 5 days for that and then I received an email saying "Good news, the transfer of (Domain name) to the buyer has completed!" and then they scheduled my payout. But still they haven't released. They said they will email me once the funds are released within 1-3 business days. But now it's past that

•••
Upvote 0
You may want to contact your transfer agent to see the current status of payout.
I have emailed afternic. There's no specific agent. I worked with godaddy + afternic. But still there's no response from them. Do they delay or cancel scheduled payouts like this? Will I lose both my domain and money by working with afternic? @Joe Styler @AbdulBasit.com

•••
Upvote 0
But in my case the domain is already transferred to the buyer. Afternic held my domain for 5 days for that and then I received an email saying "Good news, the transfer of (Domain name) to the buyer has completed!" and then they scheduled my payout. But still they haven't released. They said they will email me once the funds are released within 1-3 business days. But now it's past that
The status in the online dashboard is not always accurate. I hope you get paid soon. There's absolutely no harm in emailing [email protected] every now and then to speed up the process :)

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
The status in the online dashboard is not always accurate. I hope you get paid soon. There's absolutely no harm in emailing every now and then to speed up the process :)
I have emailed afternic. But still there's no response from them. Do they delay or cancel scheduled payouts like this after transferring the domain to the buyer? Will I lose both my domain and money by working with afternic?

•••
Upvote 0
You can trust Afternic. Eventually, you will get paid, don't worry.
Okay I will keep trusting afternic. Usually how long will I have to wait bro? Can you please let me know?

•••
Upvote 0
I hope you will not wait like me 20 days!
The issue with afternic is that, they don't respond to our emails. I have been trying to reach them to see what's going on but still no response. That's why I started this discussion to get some support from the community.

•••
Upvote 0
Congrats bro. Happy things got worked out for you. By the way what payment method did you use? Is it ACH or wire transfer or some other method? Because I used ACH method. I contacted afternic and they said the payout was issued after checking with their accounting department. Then again they told me they had an issue from their end and now they have fixed it and my payout will be issued within 2 business days.
My payment method was Paypal. Last night i got an email about payment and today I got it!

•••
Upvote 0
One day they can buy a million dollar domain from you, but not move it to "buyer"'s account, and not pay you.
Can this happen: according to current rules, yes.

The same can happen at escrow.com, the buyer can just fail to say "got it".
At sedo, sedo sometimes waits until the buyer confirms transfer, but if he doesn't in 1 week, then sedo assumes transfer is complete, and sends payment... Also if you push domain to them, they can pay the next day.
Dan is the best in transfer part, but overall it is the worst (last 9 months), because parking doesn't work, meaning, no sale to endusers possible.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Afternic is working on some workflow updates to speed payments up a bit. In the meantime if you contact they can help look into your specific domain. Most times there is an issue with the payee that is setup and going in and making sure it is up to date and re-saving the info will help.
My payee details are up to date. I tried resaving but the field were uneditable. So I tried adding another bank account. And now it's marked as the main payment method. Now field in both the payment methods are editable. I have no idea what happened in the first place. I did email them. This was their response. By the way do you know how fast it will be in the future after those updates you mentioned @Joe Styler ? Just a rough idea will help the community a lot when they face issues like mine

Reply 1:-

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support.

We understand that you would like an update on the payout for the domain '(Domain Name)' that you have sold on Afternic.

We have reached out to our accounting department for an update. Please, allow them some time to respond. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any additional questions in the meantime.

Regards,

Ivo K.
Afternic Support

Reply 2:-

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for reaching back.

We can confirm that the payment for the sale of '(Domain Name)' has been sent to you. You should receive the funds in a few business days depending on your payment processor.

Reply 3:-

Thank you for reaching back and we apologize for the confusion.

I can confirm that your payout has not yet been sent to you.
Looks like there was an issue on our end that has since been fixed (within the last 24h) so another attempt to send you the funds would be made within the next 2 business days.
You would receive an email notification when that happens.

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,
Zdravko

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hopefully if I get the payment within 2 business days it's gonna be fine.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
It is something we are discussing but there are no immediate plans to add it.
I'm sorry to hear that. We live in a rapidly changing world and urgent decisions need to be made for your company to thrive. Using the example of the latest Afternic bugs, it seems that you do not value your customers.

•••
Upvote 0
Afternic is working on some workflow updates to speed payments up a bit. In the meantime if you contact [email protected] they can help look into your specific domain. Most times there is an issue with the payee that is setup and going in and making sure it is up to date and re-saving the info will help.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back