Dynadot

question Afternic/GoDaddy vs DAN Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Smart Domains

Impact
Which sale landers are you having the most success with, Afternic/GoDaddy or DAN?

I have a large portfolio and am just in the process of experimenting with different sale lander options on DAN and Afternic. I have tried various combinations, including DAN or Afternic/GoDaddy BIN only, DAN with make an offer and lease options. Afternic Request a Price, etc. I have been changing the combinations on a monthly basis and keeping track of my sale or lead results. If I am able to generate any meaningful results, I will post them here. However, I was just wondering if anyone has any observations on their success with Afternic vs DAN landers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan.com with the Buy It Now and lease options are yielding the best results for me.

•••
Upvote 0
I have tried sedo - not keen on that
Tried Efty - hopeless interface
Currently on Dan - I like it and I can add detail to the landing page
Afternic gets very good reviews here and there are brokers who help negotiate - I haven't got any there as I don't like the landing page - doesn't allow me to add more detail.
My plan is to rotate the nameservers around partly for registration and partly to test them out - for me it's between these two afternic and dan (with godaddy auctions) for .com - for the .co.uk - I am still unsure where yet

•••
Upvote 0
I don’t think changing name servers frequently is of any real help or insight in selling names.

The choice is pretty easy. If you want to give GD/Afternic total control of your negotiations you use Afternic landers. Its like selling with a blindfold on but many love it and when it works it works.

If you want to control your own negotiations and have more liberties/choices on your landers you use DAN.

Pick one and commit for at least a few months at a time.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I don’t think changing name servers frequently is of any real help or insight in selling names.

The choice is pretty easy. If you want to give GD/Afternic total control of your negotiations you use Afternic landers. Its like selling with a blindfold on but many love it and when it works it works.

If you want to control your own negotiations and have more liberties/choices on your landers you use DAN.

Good point.
I may A/B test using similar names on both.
I like that I can put logos on Dan but wondering if I am just wasting time doing that.

•••
Upvote 0
Dan.com with the Buy It Now and lease options are yielding the best results for me.
Do you allow Make offers or only BINs and Leases?

•••
Upvote 0
How are you guys setting the NS?

I have pointed on ns1.afternic.com / ns2.afternic.com, added BIN via Afternic console, And sold Page: DAN Lander.
But they (of course) do not appear in my DAN Account. I preferred actually DAN, as a GUI more, since they are easy to use and the stats are also pretty nice.

Sedo = Only for quality Domains, but too many trolls, bidding on CVC Domains 150$...

•••
Upvote 0
If your goal is sales, always go with landers on platforms that have fewer technical issues, significantly better uptime and most importantly, a platform that doesn''t block entire countries or IPs from making purchases.

•••
Upvote 0
If your goal is sales, always go with landers on platforms that have fewer technical issues, significantly better uptime and most importantly, a platform that doesn''t block entire countries or IPs from making purchases.
It has been challenging to find reliable information to independently verify which marketplaces still have ongoing country blocks in place. Any suggestions about where to find out more about those blocks?

•••
Upvote 0
This can only be tested experimentally. I am absolutely sure that Dan and Sedo prohibits domain listing for residents of Russia, but Afternic open for them , but they can go there only through VPN

•••
Upvote 0
I had about 1500 names pointing to Dan with 0 sales and offers. I had more luck with Afternic ns5 / ns6. But as stated by others, the landing page that is the MOST accessible and provides the LEAST friction for a buyer, is the one to go for. Dan UI looks and functions well in my opinion, but I had not had a sale on Dan, EVER. Others will say the opposite. Sedo is completely useless in my opinion.

•••
Upvote 0

Let me ask you, have you found that your domain listings are more easily found/displayed if using Afternic namesevers or if using Dan's nameservers? I'm trying to learn why most of my listings don't appear as available in GoDaddy searches. Thanks.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back