Dynadot

Afternic Listing via DAN - Issues

NameSilo
Watch
I started adding some domains via DAN into Afternic. The benefit is, if these domains are verified through TXT record or DNS, there's no requirement to click on Fast-transfer confirmation email from the registrars. So, the Afternic listing is easy.

However, I see the below issues

1. We can't see the leads that come into the Afternic system. We have no visibility into the virtual Afternic account created (and linked to the Dan account)

2. When "Price Request" enquiry is sent on Afternic, the mail to the lead goes without the price.

3. I don't think the Afternic team is actively working on these leads either.

Anyone else with similar experience. I think it's best to list on Afternic directly?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started adding some domains via DAN into Afternic. The benefit is, if these domains are verified through TXT record or DNS, there's no requirement to click on Fast-transfer confirmation email from the registrars. So, the Afternic listing is easy.
Are you certain that Fast Transfer is activated this way, without approval still required through your registrar control panel?
My understanding was that having the additional txt or NS3 verifies your name, which may allow it to be prpagated directly from Dan to the Afternic platform. It's not clear and I would be surprised if that circumvents the additional FT approval requirement by the domain owner at their registrar.
However, I see the below issues

1. We can't see the leads that come into the Afternic system. We have no visibility into the virtual Afternic account created (and linked to the Dan account

2. When "Price Request" enquiry is sent on Afternic, the mail to the lead goes without the price.
There are definite advantages to having direct access to the Afternic control panel, including seeing the leads and being able to do the price request. Perhaps others have insights on how well Dan integrates the Afternic features.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back