Dynadot

Anyone Finding New, Unexpected GoDaddy Auction Listings of Their Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Is anyone noticing new, unexpected GoDaddy auction listings for their domains? Perhaps with a $20 min offer?

Despite having no actual domain marketplace listings with Godaddy/AN/Dan, I was surprised several days ago to find two apparently recently added listings there from my portfolio. They had a $20 minimum offer, which is significantly lower than the BIN listing prices that I have on their legitimate marketplace listings elsewhere.

The listings surprised me, since Afternic and Dan both appear recently to have finally solved my recurrent rogue listings challenges on their marketplaces. That blocking however, does not appear to have included GoDaddy auctions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I came across a recent listing for one of mine the other day at GD - I was checking for another extension of it that's already been registered, and thought it might be up for sale. Since it's one I'm developing for a long term project, it won't be getting bought and sold by whoever listed it.

•••
I think it was last year. I bought a domain on GoDaddy and it turned out the person that listed it didn't own it. They said there was a problem with some of their partners not performing proper verification before allowing domains to be listed. From what you said, sounds like they still have that problem.

•••
I think it was last year. I bought a domain on GoDaddy and it turned out the person that listed it didn't own it. They said there was a problem with some of their partners not performing proper verification before allowing domains to be listed. From what you said, sounds like they still have that problem.
Hopefully they correct the problem definitively.

As a very basic question, does GoDaddy auctions now accept external (i.e. other registrar listings) for their marketpace?

In the past, the listings on GoDaddy auctions were only for GoDaddy domain names. Has that changed? The two rogue listings involved here are Dynadot domains. And these domains are not listed by me on any GoDaddy platform.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
hat helps explain why that marketplace has such an overwhelming number of listings. Now I am strarting to wonder how many of those listings are legit.
Just in case you missed the news, GD Auctions are now winding down the capability of user listed names, GD or from elsewhere. Now all sales listings will need to go through Afternic.

•••
Is anyone noticing new, unexpected GoDaddy auction listings for their domains? Perhaps with a $20 min offer?

Despite having no actual domain marketplace listings with Godaddy/AN/Dan, I was surprised several days ago to find two apparently recently added listings there from my portfolio. They had a $20 minimum offer, which is significantly lower than the BIN listing prices that I have on their legitimate marketplace listings elsewhere.

The listings surprised me, since Afternic and Dan both appear recently to have finally solved my recurrent rogue listings challenges on their marketplaces. That blocking however, does not appear to have included GoDaddy auctions.
Yes, I discovered that my *PREMIUM* Domain name had been listed on GoDaddy auction 😳 FOR SALE 😳! what do we need to do to STOP THEM. I'm listing it 4SALE with a SEDO premium broker. feedback? should I get an attorney?

•••
my *PREMIUM* Domain name had been listed on GoDaddy auction 😳 FOR SALE 😳!
I think they will tell you the only option is to verify and list them on Afternic yourself, that will take down the fraudulent listing, and then if you don't actually want it listed at Afternic edit the domain name to select not listed, but it will still keep someone else from listing it again, since they can't verify.

-Bob

•••
I think they will tell you the only option is to verify and list them on Afternic yourself, that will take down the fraudulent listing, and then if you don't actually want it listed at Afternic edit the domain name to select not listed, but it will still keep someone else from listing it again, since they can't verify.

-Bob
Actually, Bob, there is an alternative route. I asked Afternic and Dan to block relistings of my portfolio.

I was way too frustrated by the multiple relistings done by fraudsters on both marketplaces to continue using either one. And I was tired of writing TrustPilot reviews for every time this happened. I removed all my domains from both platforms.

I asked for a block to be placed on any further relisting attempts on my domains without verification. This block appears to be working.

One should never be forced to use a marketplace in order to prevent fraudsters from listing your domain. I appreciate that they appear to be allowing the blocking option, at least for those impacted by these fraudulent listings.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the information.
I asked for a block to be placed on any further relisting attempts on my domains without verification. This block appears to be working.
So did you simply send them a list of the names and asked that they be blocked?

-Bob

•••
Thanks for the information.

So did you simply send them a list of the names and asked that they be blocked?

-Bob
I sent them the list, with whois privacy off so they could verify ownership.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back