Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
thats first for me
woke up this morning to an incorrect count of domains in my panel on domain.com
one missing
upon comparing to my sheet, I found the culprit.
doing whois on it show it is no longer mine.. see below.

I don't mind a sale lol..sales are great for all, but I never set a bin on that domain or for that matter any afternic domains.. as bins create issues for me.. and domains go in and out of pending review status for eternity on afternic... for me at least. so its all makeoffer only.

any similar experience from past u had and thus what this means? I don't presume this could have anything at all to do with stolen domain... ? thanks!

REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:
Afternic Transfer Service - Transfer Pending

Organization:
NameFind LLC

Street:
1 Main St. Suite 1120

City:
Cambridge

State:
MA

Postal Code:

US

Phone:
+1.7813736856

Email:
5a12f1fb860f2a2a6eddb67ee647f2157b46ed52.png
@NameFind.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never seen that myself before without a BIN...

I assume you have checked your Afternic Control Panel? Any offers or hints there to what is going on?

You should have had to set a BIN and opted into the afternic program for them to be able to grab the domain like that.

Keep NPs updated. I am curious.

•••
Did you set a "Floor" amount? If so, a broker negotiated for you and made the sell

•••
@WeSell-Domains - Good point on the Floor price. I know a while back a lot of people (including me) were getting "inquires" at afternic and they required us to login and set a Floor price for these domains.

I believe I have a few there with a Floor price because of that now that you mention it.

•••
domains without BIN do not participate in Fast Transfer program, do they?

•••
I may be wrong but I thought they did

•••
Search for the domain under domain portfolio (www.afternic.com/my_domains) and check the status of the domain - it should show as "pending sale" if there is a pending sale.

•••
domains without BIN do not participate in Fast Transfer program, do they?
I just checked with Afternic and I was wrong. Fast Transfers MUST have a BIN price.

•••
thanks for comments.
I thought I saw similar posts on np before. but couldn't find them no more now.
so thought I'd ask again

but from comments I receive so far, this issue may be less common than I thought. and perhaps I remembered wrong seeing previous similar cases here.

either way, to answer the questions:

the domain did not have a bin nor floor. it has never received any inquiries before.

it is a 2015 or 2016 handreg. that I do not ever believe was regged before I did it.

as we speak, it is still sitting inmy afternic porotoflio.. as makeoffer only.
and its name does not appear in makeoffer dashboard or sold items.

this is not a name I care much for.. and frankly, would unlikely even renew ... but this is not really normal, so I want to get to bottom of it.. as no one wnts to be waking up to their domains randomly otu of their respecitve registrars for no particfular reason

I'll give afternic a call and ask. they are opened now.

will keep posted.

ty

•••
thanks for comments.
I thought I saw similar posts on np before. but couldn't find them no more now.
so thought I'd ask again

but from comments I receive so far, this issue may be less common than I thought. and perhaps I remembered wrong seeing previous similar cases here.

either way, to answer the questions:

the domain did not have a bin nor floor. it has never received any inquiries before.

it is a 2015 or 2016 handreg. that I do not ever believe was regged before I did it.

as we speak, it is still sitting inmy afternic porotoflio.. as makeoffer only.
and its name does not appear in makeoffer dashboard or sold items.

this is not a name I care much for.. and frankly, would unlikely even renew ... but this is not really normal, so I want to get to bottom of it.. as no one wnts to be waking up to their domains randomly otu of their respecitve registrars for no particfular reason

I'll give afternic a call and ask. they are opened now.

will keep posted.

ty

you do not want to lose a domain
never
not even one that you are going to delete tomorrow

•••
you do not want to lose a domain
never
not even one that you are going to delete tomorrow

exactly my point
cause if its random (or a bug) then it means tomorrow you could loose a domain you did not intend to delete or a valuable one :)

•••
Coud it be a Dotster bug ?

•••
@alcy check the expiration date. It could be that your name expired and we're using that whois as it moves from the original registrant to GoDaddy as part of our expiry auctions.

•••
@alcy check the expiration date. It could be that your name expired and we're using that whois as it moves from the original registrant to GoDaddy as part of our expiry auctions.
I thought Domain.com expired names went to SnapNames - not Godaddy? (please correct me if I am wrong)

•••

ty.
yes expired, but so did MANY other domains there.. and this never happenbed before... I was able to renew or transfer out up to day 40.. not to mention the ability to buy it back if I so desired between day 45-70 or so.. with a $100 fee if I so desired for some domain..

do you have any idea why seemingly randomly this one domain was taken out as part of your gd expired auctions preparations.. whereas the many others I owned on domain.com previously nver were taken out.. even though I saw them appear on gd expired auctions too

thanks!

•••
Someone probably bought it on GD expiring auctions that's why it was taken out otherwise it would just expire in your account as normal.

•••
I was told during my talks.. that nobody did buy it..
so as Paul said.. it may have been taken out more as preparation for gd auctions.. at least that's how I interepreted his post.

which is odd, cause it never happened to nay of my other domains before.

besides, even if domains does sell on godaddy auctions, previous owners can still renew them.. at least for gd regged domains.. so I thought similar priciple applies to those registered elsewhere.. up to say 40-45 days past expiry.

I am not an expert in backorders or such though.. so I could be wrong here.

I hope @Paul Nicks can make exact clarifications here.. perhaps there are simply new recent rules that may state for example that domains are removed form previous owners accoutn by godaddy, regardlss of selling or not, at say day 30 after expiry.. and simply in preparation for gd auctions.

I hope I am not the only one here feeling confused about all this.

p.s. I just had my 2nd domain removed from domain.com exactly 2 hours ago.. same whois info.. and also about 35 days past expiry... again, weird cause that's 2 today... and I had many others expire before.. and never taken out.

Last edited:
•••
@alcy For expired domain partners (like Endurance Group registrars) a domain will move to an Afternic Transfer Service holding account only if it is somewhere between 30-40 days post-expiry (this is different for each registrar) and it has a bid on GoDaddy Auctions. I believe the domain is still redeemable at the original registrar until it actually moves to the GoDaddy buyer, but it may require a call to the support line rather than being able to do it from the management console.

•••
@alcy For expired domain partners (like Endurance Group registrars) a domain will move to an Afternic Transfer Service holding account only if it is somewhere between 30-40 days post-expiry (this is different for each registrar) and it has a bid on GoDaddy Auctions. I believe the domain is still redeemable at the original registrar until it actually moves to the GoDaddy buyer, but it may require a call to the support line rather than being able to do it from the management console.

thanks. I see now.

if I understand correct, I saw my domain.com expired dn appear on gd expired bid (before bin) auctions as early as 24 day past expiry.. is this sound about right to you?

also, once domain has bid and goes into thta holding account, does this mean previous ownber cannot redeem it anymore.. even with that redemption fee? sorry I do not have complete familiariaty with expred domain processes and timeframes.

I do know for a fact that if dn registered at godaddy, then expired then has bid and buyer on gd auctions, the gd owner can still transfer it out.. or renew it. why do you think similar thing would not apply if domain not registered at godaddy? it seems like unfair advantages for gd registered domains when comes to bidding on expired domains. thoughts?

thanks

•••
thanks. I see now.

if I understand correct, I saw my domain.com expired dn appear on gd expired bid (before bin) auctions as early as 24 day past expiry.. is this sound about right to you?

also, once domain has bid and goes into thta holding account, does this mean previous ownber cannot redeem it anymore.. even with that redemption fee? sorry I do not have complete familiariaty with expred domain processes and timeframes.

I do know for a fact that if dn registered at godaddy, then expired then has bid and buyer on gd auctions, the gd owner can still transfer it out.. or renew it. why do you think similar thing would not apply if domain not registered at godaddy? it seems like unfair advantages for gd registered domains when comes to bidding on expired domains. thoughts?

thanks

That's what I addressed with this sentence: "I believe the domain is still redeemable at the original registrar until it actually moves to the GoDaddy buyer, but it may require a call to the support line rather than being able to do it from the management console." In order to know if the domain can still be redeemed it's best to call the support of the losing registrar. I'm pretty sure the names don't actually move to GoDaddy until much later in the expiration lifecycle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back